What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Downloading Wasteland 2 and drinking whiskey.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Cleaning up after 2 bricks decided to take a shortcut through my bedrooms window. Thankfully I wasn't in it at the time. Otherwise I'd probably be in the hospital with some shards of glass sticking out of my body.

Videogames saved me. (Specifically NIER)

Watching coverage of the attack on Parliament today, guy shot a soldier and then made his way into Parliament. Crazy stuff.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cleaning up after 2 bricks decided to take a shortcut through my bedrooms window. Thankfully I wasn't in it at the time. Otherwise I'd probably be in the hospital with some shards of glass sticking out of my body.

Videogames saved me. (Specifically NIER)

What the heck happened that you got bricks through your window?  Scorned lovers?

Watching coverage of the attack on Parliament today, guy shot a soldier and then made his way into Parliament. Crazy stuff.

What the hell is wrong with Canada recently?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What the hell is wrong with Canada recently?

Rob Ford.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh a terror attack. I supposed Canadians are now to feel sad, go grieve over some soldier and say stuff like "He died defending our country" and generally have a 9/11-esque reaction to things, from what I'm seeing around the place.

Given that two soldiers got run over recently, wonder if this is ISIS related.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I went jogging and went to classes.

Oh a terror attack. I supposed Canadians are now to feel sad, go grieve over some soldier and say stuff like "He died defending our country" and generally have a 9/11-esque reaction to things, from what I'm seeing around the place.

It must be weird for you at times to realize you should be feeling some emotion about an event that has upset everyone else but you just don't feel anything?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It must be weird for you at times to realize you should be feeling some emotion about an event that has upset everyone else but you just don't feel anything?

It feels weird for me. I still recall that during 9/11 all the kids in my class (I was in sixth grade at the time) were frightened and in a bit of a panic. I was the only one who kept the event in perspective. I tried to reassure them. "You'll all be fine. This isn't the end of the world." Are the things I told them, but no one listened to me; they just went on freaking out. The teacher didn't do a very good job keeping the situation calm either.

Also, I was the only kid who didn't believe in santa. That was isolating.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

9/11, that schoolday here in germany. The teachers were all like "omygod now there will be a new world war! This is madness!" but from us schoolkids nobody really felt influenced by it at all. I remember we had one minute of silence and stuff like that, but next day everything was back to normal for us.

Then a bit later we had a class trip to england, where some classmates canned it, because their parents said it is too dangerous, because of terror attacks and stuff. Well, turns out nothing happened to us in england other than me being very hungry in the end, because I wasn't too much a fan of the food there. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I remember the day of 9/11 the dude that sat next to me on the bus said he saw a plane flying into a building on TV. I'm not sure if he was talking about a movie or if he say the twin towers get hit, but it was surreal as hell and one of the few things I can remember clearly in my pre-teen childhood.

9/11, that schoolday here in germany. The teachers were all like "omygod now there will be a new world war! This is madness!" but from us schoolkids nobody really felt influenced by it at all. I remember we had one minute of silence and stuff like that, but next day everything was back to normal for us.

Then a bit later we had a class trip to england, where some classmates canned it, because their parents said it is too dangerous, because of terror attacks and stuff. Well, turns out nothing happened to us in england other than me being very hungry in the end, because I wasn't too much a fan of the food there. :>

Who is a fan of boiled everything?

Not really. People I don't know die every day, murder is wrong obviously but I don't feel the need to act dramatically upset over one involving a total stranger.

Wonder how long it is before we have our own Patriot Act. Already everyone is knee jerking to put more armed guards in city halls and Parliament. Fun times ahead.

Not really. People I don't know die every day, murder is wrong obviously but I don't feel the need to act dramatically upset over one involving a total stranger.

Wonder how long it is before we have our own Patriot Act. Already everyone is knee jerking to put more armed guards in city halls and Parliament. Fun times ahead.

So you don't feel any empathy towards the dead and how they died. This is a form of emotion

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We need people without empathy, because with it, things like medical examining are impossible exercises. 

Empathy isn't binary, I've known doctors without empathy, none of them were very good. The same with (defense) lawyers, you need some, but not too much.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Discussing something else more pertinent to you that's related to the topic at hand =! you don't feel anything at all towards the topic at hand, Mr. BruceMcAssumptions.

For example, my post here. ;p

Medical Examiners determine causes of death, on dead bodies, corpses, flesh bags formerly living. Lack of empathy is a prerequisite. I should think so, anyway.

Because there's no way to suspend your empathy, or look at it from a different perspective that doesn't involve empathy, or simply ignore anything your empathy might be conjuring up, or... :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So you don't feel any empathy towards the dead and how they died. This is a form of emotion

Sure, run with that.

I don't feel the worlds pain either. If something tragic happens to someone else I may feel something like "bummer" but that's about it. Unless its about kids or animals, those effect me more.

That's what I would refer to as a normal level of empathy. The hand-wringing and crisis groups for people who are not affected in any direct or indirect way by an event... Yeah, sign of the collapse of the western civilization.

Now, if you didn't even feel "bummer" and felt the need to continuously flaunt it... then I'd go with a "personality disordeer characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior" (ie. psychopathy). :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif