Fallout 3 type game/kickstarter. pillars of eternity / Balder gate

You know I've been thinking a ton about this.As I know wasteland 2 is almost like fallout but not quit so.Would you guys like obsidian to do some thing like this during a kickstarter. campaign.Id think it be really a wonderful idea.Who wouldn't love fallout type world again.Just under a different name.

Nah. We already have one high-ticket post-apoc kickstarter; it'd be treading on inXile's toes. Also post-apoc is getting a bit threadbare anyway; there's been rather a lot of it lately in various genres.

I'd much rather see them take the P:E general concept (2D, isometric, party-based) into less explored areas.

Would you settle for a Dark Sun retread? That's post-apoc, but also swords 'n sorcery. And it hasn't been done in a cRPG since the Gold Box days.

Others that would make me go yippee a little --

• Arcanum spiritual successor. Fantasy world in an industrial revolution. Only make it even more out-there. Inspiration: Perdido Street Station by China Miéville
  • Bronze age or late Neolithic era fantasy cRPG with a Mesopotamian flavor. I don't think that's been done. How about a setting inspired by the rise of the first empire the world has seen, that of Sargon of Akkad? Only make it heavily mythological, with gods, demigods and their avatars treading the earth too.
  • Like 9

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

To be honest, they could make a Fallout 3 that was set in middle-management accounting and I would still pour over it. The setting itself was, while enjoyable and well put together, pretty far down the list of things I wish they would replicate from the original two Fallouts.

I want someone to make a isometric cRPG using D&D 5e rules. Unfortunately OE made a deal with Pathfinder and we will get a Pathfinder one instead.

But I am still waiting for a KS for the next Vampire game (either team based, isometric Vampire the Masquerade or single character FPS like Vampire Bloodlines) 

Or Kotor 3 :)

Edited by archangel979

Mmm we got wasteland 2 to scratch out fallout needs and poe to scratch our medievel fantasy needs, shadow run to scratch futuristic cyber and D:OS for turn base.

Now they just need to do a kickstarter on a victorian lovecraftian game where u encounter the invisible man, springheeled jack, jack the ripper, etc all to find that they are just experiements of dr jeykle/mr hyde in the name of the cult trying to bring yog-sothoth.

Us Call of Cthulhu fans needs some lovins and obsidian can knotch it outta the park!

• Like 3

• Arcanum spiritual successor. Fantasy world in an industrial revolution.

This... although I'm against making it even crazier. I'd rather have a very grounded approach to it, kind of like the world of The Golden Compass (without the daemons and the other worlds and all that).

Seriously, my bet is that a game that takes a setting like this and makes a Fallout-style game out of it will make tons of money. There's so much potential there.

I'm fine with something like Arcanum or Bronze Age or Neolithic like Prime Junta suggested. Also, fine with lovecraftian.

I would also be happy with a Weird West, but my idea would be something like Arcanum meets Weird West. Something that is Steam Punk meets the Gunslinger by Stephen King.

I want someone to make a isometric cRPG using D&D 5e rules. Unfortunately OE made a deal with Pathfinder and we will get a Pathfinder one instead.

Isn't just a card game?

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

So far yes, but theres nothing official stating they will do game....even though paizo ceo has stated that they plan for many pathfinder crpgs in the future with obsidian

Isn't just a card game?

I think a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate games would be a brilliant idea.

I think that would be neat. It would be 2D, but good 2D. It would have the same angle too. It would have the same attributes, but the word "wisdom" would be switched with willpower, and "dexterity" would be switched with agility. Don't wanna get sued. Just to be a tad bit of an evolution let's add a perk system where you get something really minor every 4 levels. Obviously it would be a new game world; though I'd take a similar world approach as the forgotten realms.

That would be my spiritual successor. Basically, a BG3.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I would be so happy if that turns out to be any good.

• Like 1

I think a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate games would be a brilliant idea.

:biggrin:

I agree. I like PoE, but i would like their next game to not follow the same direction, to be designed in a per case way with little to no uniformity in the system and hard counters turned to eleven.

If it was completely alien/original  setting on top of that, i would donate way more than i did in PoE. (and Avellone as the lead designer)

There's a bit of a gap in the single-player Space Opera RPG niche that needs filling... :)

Something like KOTOR 1&2 or the cancelled Star Wars 1313 game, but not set in the SW universe (for IP reasons).

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

There's a bit of a gap in the single-player Space Opera RPG niche that needs filling... :)

Something like KOTOR 1&2 or the cancelled Star Wars 1313 game, but not set in the SW universe (for IP reasons).

You mean something awfully similar to the pitch Obsidian had a couple of years ago...? ;)

Edit: Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Fearabbit

• Arcanum spiritual successor. Fantasy world in an industrial revolution. Only make it even more out-there. Inspiration: Perdido Street Station by China Miéville

This! Me want Arcanum 2!

btw, i would really enjoy any rpg with Aliens with some horror atmosphere in it :) Both FPS-alike or isometric. 

Also I like an idea about new Vampire based on white wolf story-system.
Edited by cabanos

Something that has not been done much is an isometric rpg set in a mythical, ancient Greek - Roman setting. There has been Titan Quest I guess but no Baldur's Gate tier, complex rpg. You can make it Obsidian. If not, I'll make it myself one day.

• Like 2

:biggrin:

I agree. I like PoE, but i would like their next game to not follow the same direction, to be designed in a per case way with little to no uniformity in the system and hard counters turned to eleven.

If it was completely alien/original setting on top of that, i would donate way more than i did in PoE. (and Avellone as the lead designer)

Avellone as the lead designer?

Be careful what you wish for here.

Also how would Avellone on top of a alien setting lead to BG3?

Edited by C2B

You mean something awfully similar to the pitch Obsidian had a couple of years ago...? ;)

Edit: Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Somewhat, although I don't know that Obsidian has the resources to build a sci-fi Skyrim. Maybe a scaled back effort using Wasteland 2-like isometric projection and perhaps a modified P:OE system.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."