Questions to the Devs

But what about the numerous data pads that we all know and love that we never were able to get rid of?

TripleRRR

I'm not sure off hand. I've jotted down a note to check on that.

What if datapads weren't listed in the main list, but were only displayed if you went to a specific Datapad filter? Then would it matter?

I get the impression that some of you keep your game inventories more organized than your desks. :(

-Akari

The more filters the better,

examples:

DataPad

Quest

New Items

Melee

Blasters

Blaster Rifles

Ranged Misc

Head gear

implants

Jedi armor

Light armor

med. armor

heavy armor

Lightsabers

Crystals

etc, etc.

it would be best if you could have a pull down menu, in the inventory screen, so you could select what filters you want on/off.

Guest Michael Chu
Will you be able to tell the game wether you played Revan as male or female?

SPOILER below if you haven't completed KotOR1 yet. (And if you haven't, shame on you, get to work!)

:(

But yes, you will be able to tell the game whether Revan was male or female.

How deep does this specification of previous events go. Meaning, to you basically dictate if revan was good or bad and male/female, and the game assume the rest. Or can you do thing like tell it who died, who fell in love with whom, and what Revan looked like.

I was wondering what form this new upgrading of items will take. Will it be similar to Kotor 1 where you have a limited number of items to upgrade? Or will you be able to use different items to upgrade almost anything? For example adding high quality energy packs etc to a common as muck blaster to make it more powerful, with the pc's skills determining how many upgrades can be added.

How deep does this specification of previous events go. Meaning, to you basically dictate if revan was good or bad and male/female, and the game assume the rest. Or can you do thing like tell it who died, who fell in love with whom, and what Revan looked like.

That's a damn good question, which should be brought again, like in this post :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The player does not have amnesia, does not start the game with amnesia, does not get amnesia over the course of the game, and he/she is quite clear who, what, and where he is at all times. Nor does he/she have any problems with memory, lurking pseudo-personalities, multiple personality disorders, submerged personalities, or any personality problems except what you induce through gameplay by being a nice guy, a jerk, or both.

:(

Damn. I was holding out for some Jekyll and Hyde type schizophrenia but... oh well.

That's a damn good question, which should be brought again, like in this post :)

To save everyone some time, I really, really, doubt you're going to get an answer to that question. I also don't know what the expected playlength is compared to KotOR1. I'm not really sure how the areas compare in size either. Those are all design questions, and I imagine most of those details are going to be intentionally withheld for a long time yet.

-Akari

I wonder if they're going to allow the possibility of you telling the game that a female Revan romanced Juhani... Heh, that might be interesting.

That's a damn good question, which should be brought again, like in this post ;)

To save everyone some time, I really, really, doubt you're going to get an answer to that question. I also don't know what the expected playlength is compared to KotOR1. I'm not really sure how the areas compare in size either. Those are all design questions, and I imagine most of those details are going to be intentionally withheld for a long time yet.

-Akari

Thanks for an honest answer, it's quite rare that devs say "I ain't gonna tell you", instead lurking in the shadows while the community is in disarray :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

before HoW, bis folks not seem to mind giving estimates on hours o' gameplay.

seems that those folks at least learned something from HoW.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Will there be more than 3 armor models? Helmets? Hoods? Give us an idea of character customization capabilities. Will there just be various heads, or can we choose skin color, hair style, etc.?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

seems that those folks at least learned something from HoW.

there weren't many things to be learnt from HoW.

except maybe that being based on a good game didn't necessarily entail a good expansion pack.

steering back on-topic, i'm not surprised that the developers aren't disclosing much about the starting questions - i imagine they want all the latitude they can get story-wise, without having to commit themselves to something they posted on a discussion forum x months ago.

dumber than a bag of hammers

"there weren't many things to be learnt from HoW."

sure there was. makes a list of things NOT to do in future games based on mistakes in HoW. is long, no?

Gromnir most often learns more from his failures than from his success. no doubt at least some of the folks now at obsidian learned a few things from HoW's failure.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

sure there was. makes a list of things NOT to do in future games based on mistakes in HoW. is long, no?

on that approach, the answer to "what can be learnt from HoW?" would be "almost everything".

HoW did have remorhazes, though.

you don't see that many remorhazes in CRPGs, so that would score 1 for HoW.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Has anyone ever heard of a sequel to an RPG, that used the same engine, that didn't either have bigger maps or more of them? That didn't have more armor/weapons/spells?

I think we can assume the basics like those.