Questions to the Devs

Hey Devs. What are the minimum system requirements? Same as SW:KOTOR?

an xbox. :unsure:

The requirements for KotOR weren't too tough on a PC, were they?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Taking the assertion found online that the PC is a disgraced Jedi who served in the Mandalorian Wars, will there be some kind of interaction between the PC and Revan? After all, Revan was the general in charge of the Republic fleet in the Mandalorian Wars, and it is not much of a stretch to acredit the PC's disgrace to Revan's favor/disfavor, or at least have Revan be aware of it (assuming that his/her memories have returned). To take it a little further, will there be a confrontation between the PC and Revan (whichever Revan it is) over the PC's disgrace?

I read through the entire thread and I saw this question being asked several times, but since I didn't find an answer to it (excuse me if I just missed it), here it comes again:

Will the maps (levels, planets, worlds) be bigger this time around?

That was the one huge flaw (for me) in KotOR; it was absolutely impossible to get lost anywhere in the entire game. It was so small, everywhere! I have no idea how the engine works, but I sure do wish they had licensed the Crytek engine instead.. :( (Far Cry had huge rendering distances and massive maps).

Ps. Btw, THANK YOU, Akari, for taking the time to answer our questions! It means alot.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Will you be able to tell the game wether you played Revan as male or female?

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

any plans to fix the inventory interface?

I can only speak on the X-Box version, since the PC Inventory screen has not undergone extensive changes yet. We've resized things so that you can see more information at a glance and added more useful, applicable filters for the inventory screen.

As far as getting rid of excessive stuff, I think the new item creation system mentioned in some of the articles will provide a simple means of disposing with your old, unwanted items by breaking them down into components that can then be used to make other items.

is Bioware involved at all? or is it just you and Lucasarts?

Bioware has been a great help in providing us with the engine, tools, and assets from KotOR1. And without them, we wouldn't have this project. :( Beyond that, KotOR2 is our own work.

will i be able to cut someone's arm off with a lightsabre this time?

No. At least, not as a function of the combat in the game.

-Akari

But what about the numerous data pads that we all know and love that we never were able to get rid of?

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

any plans to fix the inventory interface?

I can only speak on the X-Box version, since the PC Inventory screen has not undergone extensive changes yet. We've resized things so that you can see more information at a glance and added more useful, applicable filters for the inventory screen.

As far as getting rid of excessive stuff, I think the new item creation system mentioned in some of the articles will provide a simple means of disposing with your old, unwanted items by breaking them down into components that can then be used to make other items.

is Bioware involved at all? or is it just you and Lucasarts?

Bioware has been a great help in providing us with the engine, tools, and assets from KotOR1. And without them, we wouldn't have this project. :) Beyond that, KotOR2 is our own work.

will i be able to cut someone's arm off with a lightsabre this time?

No. At least, not as a function of the combat in the game.

-Akari

fudge that; will the worlds be bigger?!? and i've heard that there are 7 worlds, including telos and dantooine. but what about this "peragus", the mining facility where u start off. is it considered one of the worlds?

and what do you mean by prestige class? what special abilities will they offer? :huh:

Howdy, first post on the board :)

With the new content mentioned, will that only be downloaded over X-Box Live, or will it be released through sources like X-Box Magazine as well? Just wondering because some of us live in des har hills and don't have none of that there fancy broadband :huh:

Beyond that, KotOR2 is our own work.

hey, thanks for the answers.

you didn't answer the one about twilek pr0n, though. i guess that means you're saving it as a surprise for later, right?

dumber than a bag of hammers

But what about the numerous data pads that we all know and love that we never were able to get rid of?

TripleRRR

I'm not sure off hand. I've jotted down a note to check on that.

What if datapads weren't listed in the main list, but were only displayed if you went to a specific Datapad filter? Then would it matter?

I get the impression that some of you keep your game inventories more organized than your desks. :huh:

-Akari

Akari, can you tell us how important our decisions about how KOTOR1 ended will be? Will it just amount to some dialogue changing, or will it change the course of the game dramatically?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

What if datapads weren't listed in the main list, but were only displayed if you went to a specific Datapad filter? Then would it matter?

Yes, even if I prefere they would be downloaded and the data added to a main "datapad" were we simply selected what datapad data we wanted to view, kinda like with Karzaa.

drakron.png