Drama in the indy gaming biz ?

NWN_babaYaga

" I can easily ignore the consequenses of the "movement" I supported, because I can blame them on uncrontrallable forces absolving me of any responsibility"

Are you implying you are in control of every feminist involved with the feminist side of the conflict? This may come as a suprise to you, but things on different on our end. I dunno the guy who said "lol go make a sandwhich woman before I rape you" nor do I have any way of finding out who he is. If you want I can send him a message on youtube politely asking him to stop, but that's about all I can do.

WoT posts do not increase post count.

That's just want Obsidian wants you to think. In truth, he's another one of those infamous Muscle wizards we've all been hearing so much about.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

On the Twitter front, some lady named Jenn Frank got "chased out" by trolls or something, Burch and Walker so far are in a tizzy. This is getting funnier by the day :lol:

Yeah, it's SO funny that *exclusively* women are being driven out of an indursty they have worked for years in, due to constant online mysogynistic harassment.

But yeah, it's totally about journalistic ethics guys!1!1!

Welcome back Lord of Flies.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Are you implying you are in control of every feminist involved with the feminist side of the conflict? This may come as a suprise to you, but things on different on our end. I dunno the guy who said "lol go make a sandwhich woman before I rape you" nor do I have any way of finding out who he is. If you want I can send him a message on youtube politely asking him to stop, but that's about all I can do.

the guy

it was 1 guy

not hundrends, thousands

it was 1 guy

How could you find him. It's not like the whole thing started with hasrassment.

"Welcome back Lord of Flies."
That book is a big deal in the US huh? I think I heard somewhere it's a lolbertarian allegory so I avoided it but maybe I'm mistaken?

Hm, how to work 40k into this current situation..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who are you calling a horde?

The thousands of mysogynerds storming every female's twitter feed obviously.

Even though I've tried looking for them in the twitter feed of that woman who quit because of harassment and I could not find them among the legion of people who tweet in her support. But it still sucks that someone done it. I will give her the benefit and not call her a liar.

InternetAristocrat == Genghis Khan

Adam Baldwin == Timur

TotalBiscuit == Subotai

4chan == Mongolians

Reddit == Tartars

You == just another keshik, pillaging the civilised world and bringing an age of darkness to all that is right.

Who will it be, throwing the plague infested body into Kaffa? Who will pile the skulls of SJWs outside their burning cities? You know you have committed such crimes, in your hearts.

Yeah, it's SO funny that *exclusively* women are being driven out of an indursty they have worked for years in, due to constant online mysogynistic harassment.

Your logical fallacy is:  Appeal to emotion.

You're not going to hear about men other than Phil Fish (lol) leaving the industry or their reasons for doing so, because the people blogging about "misogynistic harassment" don't want you thinking along those lines.  They don't want you to think about the incredibly high turn over rate in the industry for both genders because it doesn't fit their rhetoric.

Yeah, it's SO funny that *exclusively* women are being driven out of an indursty they have worked for years in, due to constant online mysogynistic harassment.

Your logical fallacy is:  Appeal to emotion.

You're not going to hear about men other than Phil Fish (lol) leaving the industry or their reasons for doing so, because the people blogging about "misogynistic harassment" don't want you thinking along those lines.  They don't want you to think about the incredibly high turn over rate in the industry for both genders because it doesn't fit their rhetoric.

Why is that a fallacy? AFIK pathos was one form of argument.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's a good and relevant post

Personally I see all this debate and friction  as helpful as its actually speeding up the process of inclusivity. We are talking about it even more now and any kind of bigotry and discrimination is now even more frowned upon and going forward more gaming websites will be less tolerant and accepting of offensive comments

So this whole incident is helpful  to many SJ causes

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So apparently Quinn has posted logs that this is all a 4chan conspiracy. Which I suppose changes stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So apparently Quinn has posted logs that this is all a 4chan conspiracy. Which I suppose changes stuff.

What took her so long?

Once again its the victims fault right Sarex?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Since when is Quinn the victim? Also I asked what took her so long, that is a valid question.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

What took her so long?

Photoshop.

Links please?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

What took her so long?

Eh ? How on earth did you get that ? It is weird to have evidence for three weeks and just sit on it

TW : Conspiracies

https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate

Edited by Malcador

Why not, mind you it doesn't have to be photoshop she could have doctored it in the irc client (or someone could have done it for her) and then just posted it as screen shot. She could even be lying about giving it to the police (FBI?!?), it's enough to use it as a tool to turn the masses around.

Mind you this does look like something 4chan would do, so it's either true or it will be really hard to prove otherwise as they are already viewed in a bad light. (So maybe it's not that stupid after all)

I'm really not seeing proof, looks like 4chan being 4chan.

• Like 1

I'm really not seeing proof, looks like 4chan being 4chan.

Agreed, no real hard prof only indirect incrimination, but it's enough for the masses.

edit: A way to prove if it's true is to ask the police if evidence has been submitted, Quinn was pretty adamant about it being sent to the police/FBI.

Edited by Sarex