Ukraine discussion

Tale

Yeah, but who'd want to go to Russia?

Edit: There may be no formal ban, but I strongly suspect they wouldn't give a visa to anyone in those countries, assuming their embassies there are even still open.

Edit2 : This infection map I posted in the Ebola thread doesn't show significant air travel or risk for Russia, and I believe the two government studies I've seen don't show it either, although I'm too lazy to look for them right now : http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/13/6959103/ebola-spread-international-epidemic-china-india-europe

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Firstly they...

http://www.ibtimes.com/french-oil-company-total-halts-project-russias-lukoil-over-western-sanctions-1693467

French oil and gas company Total said western sanctions against Russia has forced it to halt a joint venture with Russia’s Lukoil to explore shale oil in western Siberia.

“The Lukoil joint venture is definitely stopped,” Total’s CEO Christopher de Margerie told the Financial Times late Monday. “But it hadn’t started so it doesn’t have any impact [on Total].”

But now...
Total CEO Christophe de Margerie has been killed in plane crash... in Moscow.
Interesting.

I don't know if this story has made headlines other than locally, but the Swedish military is currently searching for a Russian submarine and possibly it's crew. Most likely it's an excercise, like when they hugely embarraslingly sailed a missile destroyer past the Royal Navy and weren't challenged before they could have launched their enture compliment at London. It may have ended in an accident. They aren't saying, other than be on the lookout for ruskies.

Below might be country IP blocked, but the short clips usually aren't. 

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2014/10/19/185901.htm

It's not off topic, not if this thread is about Russia being trolls, and it kinda is.

They are not looking for a "proper" submarine, but a midget submarine. This has nothing to do with the Russian navy, it's a counter-intelligence operation. It is important to distinguish between what official sources say and what media say.

This thing here:

20120210-225617.jpg?w=490

Edited by Rostere
  • Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I see. Well, it begs the question. What were they after.

Naval watchers believe the sub was trying to install (or even replace old) maritime surveillance equipment, a kind of poor man's SOSUS.

The incident harkens back to the "Whiskey on the Rocks" incident back in the Cold War when a Soviet Whiskey-class* diesel-electric sub ran aground off the coast of Sweden.

*Soviet submarines during the Cold War were given reporting names by western navies based on letters from the NATO alphabet (Sierra and Victor SSNs, Yankee and Delta SSBNs, Romeo and Kilo SSKs, and Oscar and Charlie SSGNs). Though apparently because they've run out of letters to call them by they've started calling the newest ones by the Russian GRAU designations (Yasen SSN and Lada SSK).

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I don't know if this story has made headlines other than locally, but the Swedish military is currently searching for a Russian submarine and possibly it's crew. Most likely it's an excercise, like when they hugely embarraslingly sailed a missile destroyer past the Royal Navy and weren't challenged before they could have launched their enture compliment at London. It may have ended in an accident. They aren't saying, other than be on the lookout for ruskies.

Below might be country IP blocked, but the short clips usually aren't. 

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2014/10/19/185901.htm

It's not off topic, not if this thread is about Russia being trolls, and it kinda is.

They are not looking for a "proper" submarine, but a midget submarine. This has nothing to do with the Russian navy, it's a counter-intelligence operation. It is important to distinguish between what official sources say and what media say.

This thing here:

20120210-225617.jpg?w=490

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I have some insider info from officers of Russian Baltic fleet. They're like Swedish fleet so much because of their clownish behavior in Baltic sea. Hysterical paranoia about star destroyer sized Russian subs in their shoal waters and these funny hunts for imaginary Russian submarines delivers fun for us. Just to say, they constantly  make such hunts in past, it's some sort of Swedish funny sport ( even Astrid Lindgren giggling about this in Karlsson ). Just to say during all Cold War time they find huge amount of US, French, British etc submarines in own territorial waters, but Russian sub has been found only once. 

We really think truth about this current sub even more laughable than usual. We think Swedes hunted to this sub IRL...

copy-cropped-420967_384994981526796_1595

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UC3_Nautilus

http://uc3nautilus.dk/

Just imagine how epic trolling this is can be. :wowey:  :wowey:  :wowey:

Role of Nazism in Swedish anti-Russian military activity.

In 50s this Swedish SS member write book Det Röda Massanfallet. In 2009 year book republished as «Ryssen Kommer: en Svensk SS-officer om Röda Armens Stridsmetoder».

stabswache_de_euros.jpg

http://stabswache-de-euros.blogspot.ru/2012/02/ss-untersturmfuhrer-borg-ss.html

During 50s about 3 000 000 copies of «Om kriget kommer» has been published, i'ts book drammatically increase russophobic paranoja in Sweden.  Susch activity heavely tied with secret project  "Stay-Behind Networks" or "Glados" - creating secretely Nazi network in Europe for fight against Russians. In Scandinavia this project has been managed by William Colby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Colby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

http://www.danieleganser.ch/assets/files/Inhalte/Publikationen/Fachzeitschriften/Journals%20JIPSS_Ganser_Deland_Sweden_November2010.pdf

In this time Gösta Borg  become very popular lector in Swedish military academy. It's no error if we say what modern Swedish military forces nurtured by such Nazi officers... and Nazism is quite natural state of mind for this organisation.

Oh man, it needs quite imagination to connect book from 50s to modern Sweeden military. To be fair, its not so strange for me to connect stalinism with modern Russia :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I forget the name, but wasn't there a facist network spanning most of Europe created for such a purpose. In particular counter intelligence against communism. So you have found a Swedish Nazi, so what. I bet if I looked hard enough I could find a Russian, even a Jewish one. There wasn't a lot to prepare for duing the cold war except a Russian invasion. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The Russian Navy has in general got cornholed over budget issues; The Admiral Ushakov formerly Kirov nuclear guided missile battlecruiser has been languishing in the Zvezdochka yards since 1990, and its reactor has been a radiological hazard for surrounding environs for years.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/10/20/ukraine-widespread-use-cluster-munitions

Ukraine: Widespread Use of Cluster Munitions
Government Responsible for Cluster Attacks on Donetsk

Ukrainian government forces used cluster munitions in populated areas in Donetsk city in early October 2014, Human Rights Watch said today. The use of cluster munitions in populated areas violates the laws of war due to the indiscriminate nature of the weapon and may amount to war crimes.

It's nice! Supported by West Ukrainian government is war criminals! But nothing unusual here really, as we see in previous posts - West be a friends even for Nazi war criminals. This is just honorable Western tradition, and even not worst one... make of genocides is honorable Western tradition too, if someone forgot this.

P.S. I often hear in internets about non-"white" nature of Russians. This is bull****, but we anyway don't want be part of such bloody maniacs as these "whites" are. In other words such attempts of trolling is not offensive for us.

Edited by obyknven

P.S. I often hear in internets about non-"white" nature of Russians. This is bull****, but we anyway don't want be part of such bloody maniacs as these "whites" are. In other words such attempts of trolling is not offensive for us.

I've never heard anyone refer to Russians as being non-white before.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I've seen Russians call other "white people" black before. Does that count?

Free games updated 3/4/21

For some people whites is only WASP's, or only "Nordic" race. For example Spanish people (and all Mediterraneans) are non white for them. Yep, such persons just are stupid non-educated Nazi's, but as i tell before i see no problems here if someone consider us as non white. During XIX-XX centuries Western Europeans too tarnished this word.

Anyway XXI century is time of superriority of Asians and we make rightful choice, when we begin this small confrontation against West.

Historically it happened rather a lot, for example with the British attitude to the Irish or the nazis attitude to Slavs.

It must be because I live in the US that I've never heard anyone considering Russians as non-white.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

That sort of thing happens a lot less now so I'm not particularly surprised if you or anyone else hasn't seen much or any of it, that's one of the big consequences of being advocated by Hitler, but at one point it was an absolute cornerstone of a wider ranging "WASP Man's Burden" for Britain/ US and Germans especially. You're far more likely to run into basic ethnic/ national 'slurs' than racial ones nowadays because you can generally get away with those especially if they're against an 'enemy', indeed they often make up a part of official PR/ propaganda.

For some people whites is only WASP's, or only "Nordic" race. For example Spanish people (and all Mediterraneans) are non white for them. Yep, such persons just are stupid non-educated Nazi's, but as i tell before i see no problems here if someone consider us as non white. During XIX-XX centuries Western Europeans too tarnished this word.

Anyway XXI century is time of superriority of Asians and we make rightful choice, when we begin this small confrontation against West.

Oby it doesn't matter about the definition that some people may have for the Russian people, you guys have hot strippers...so there is no doubt about the descriptions of the important Russian exports :aiee:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wen I was little I was given a lamb to nurse. It used to bleat incessantly and piss all over everything all the time.

I'm sorry. i must be getting old. I have literally no idea why that story came back to me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

CC%252520Photo%252520Google%252520Image%

LhWwkgH27rE.jpg

1. - So we will attack NATO. Tank armadas will clashed under the cold sky of nuclear winter in the midst of ruins of a dead Humanity.    - We surrender. Glory to Putin!
  2. - B..But ... Greatest war in history...  Break the whole world to dust.
  3. - Tank armadas...
  4. Governor of New-York.

2014-08-20_07-42-10.jpg

Murican couple wants to void adoption of ‘mentally ill’ Russian orphans.
http://nypost.com/2014/10/26/li-couple-ask-judge-to-void-adoption-of-russian-children/

A Long Island couple has asked a judge to vacate the adoption of two Russian-born children who suffer from serious mental disorders and are now living in state institutions.
The children threatened to kill them many times, the parents claim.

Just a behaviour of normal Russian child's. Murican parents show own racism and chauvinistic non-tolerance to different cultures by such accusations.