Ukraine discussion

Tale

Yet another oby post which consists of a random mix of photographs with no provenance or provable point.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Colonial news. US citiezen and official of US State Departament become a... Ukrainian finance minister!

http://www.horizoncapital.com.ua/our-team/natalie-jaresko

Prior to joining WNISEF, Ms. Jaresko worked at the U.S. Department of State. From 1992 to 1995, she served as the first Chief of the Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine. Prior to her post with the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, Ms. Jaresko served in various economic positions at the State Department in Washington, D.C.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2014/12/ukraine-appoints-three-non-native-ministers-20141221954454451.html

B3AJ7szCEAEExFn.jpg

http://www.msn.com/en-my/money/other/russia-losing-dollar140-billion-a-year-as-sanctions-and-falling-oil-prices-hit-moscow/ar-BBfAPPv

So Russia is set to lose $140 Billion a year, this is due to the falling oil price and Western sanctions and there is a real risk of a recession

I feel sorry for the Russian people but Putin's aggression and interference in Ukraine has brought this on himself.

What about Western (Yank) aggression and interference? Edited by Barothmuk

I wonder where those guys received their training.  I'm by no means an expert with extensive military experience but at least I can fire rifles accurately. Not using any sights, resting the barrel on hard surfaces, really poor shooting stances, you're not winning a firefight that way.  Sure, suppressive fire does have its place, but if thats all you can do you're not effective. 

Its like new years eve, they just want those firecrackers go off.  One skilled and clever marksman with a scoped rifle could have replaced all the amateurs in the vid, including the HMG on the APC.  Without destroying the building in the process. 

I'd bet a good amount of money that those rifles weren't even sighted in correctly. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Actually last video looks like fake. Police too close to building, they crowding and don't fear return fire, shoot to somewhere, using anti-tank grenades instead of fragmentation grenades and just make circus. Probably journalists ask them make show, and they make it for them (but as usually in such situation don't show real work to potential enemy).

Edited by obyknven

http://www.msn.com/en-my/money/other/russia-losing-dollar140-billion-a-year-as-sanctions-and-falling-oil-prices-hit-moscow/ar-BBfAPPv

So Russia is set to lose $140 Billion a year, this is due to the falling oil price and Western sanctions and there is a real risk of a recession

I feel sorry for the Russian people but Putin's aggression and interference in Ukraine has brought this on himself.

What about Western (Yank) aggression and interference?

No such thing in Bruce's world. And he doesn't feel sorry either, he feels the Serbs deserved the NATO bombing and by association would probably prefer if Moscow was a smoking crater. 

Germany (and the EU) is the biggest loser here. Taking a hit almost as bad as the Russians are to their economy... to support US policies and destabilization of europe. Perpetuating NATO presence in europe instead of building up an independent EU armed force. Nothing to gain out of the Ukrainian war and everything to lose in the long run. 

The EU actually let the US block the south stream gas project. It left Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria and others holding their **** instead of tying the continent together and helping avoid future conflict.

Weak the lot of them.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah, blocking South Stream was just plain stupid. We're worried about energy security and problems with transit via Ukraine so... we'll stop a pipeline that would provide energy security, because, um, reasons. So now instead of EU members like Bulgaria getting transit cash it goes to Turkey. Two thumbs up there, euromuppets!

And the cardboard president  of France blocking the delivery of Mistral warships to Russia, (after saying for months on end that the ships will be delivered) opening France to a law suit with massive penalties and the troubled shipbuilding industry without new jobs and an influx of money, not to mention making the entire country look weak and undependable, for the sake of taking "decisive action against Putin". Talk about cutting your own nose off to spite your face. 

de Gaulle must be spinning in his grave.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

What about Western (Yank) aggression and interference?

No such thing in Bruce's world. And he doesn't feel sorry either, he feels the Serbs deserved the NATO bombing and by association would probably prefer if Moscow was a smoking crater. 

Germany (and the EU) is the biggest loser here. Taking a hit almost as bad as the Russians are to their economy... to support US policies and destabilization of europe. Perpetuating NATO presence in europe instead of building up an independent EU armed force. Nothing to gain out of the Ukrainian war and everything to lose in the long run. 

The EU actually let the US block the south stream gas project. It left Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria and others holding their **** instead of tying the continent together and helping avoid future conflict.

Weak the lot of them.

Yes you are correct, I do feel Serbia bought the bombing campaign on themselves by there aggressive military actions in Bosnia and Kosovo

But I don't support the idea of a country being bombed to ashes, this is normally not necessary as most countries change there political and military objectives when these punitive actions start

And as far as the West is concerned around "interfering " in Ukraine. Its not on the same degree as the obvious military action perpetuated by Russia. The West "interfered " politically in Ukraine. Russia illegally annexed a whole region in Ukraine, Crimea,  and is now blatantly supplying armaments and personnel to allow parts of Eastern Ukraine to breakaway from Ukraine.

Its not the same as the West supporting a pro-EU Ukrainian government  and this is going to have serious economic consequences for Russia as we are already seeing with the devaluation of the Rubel and the massive flight of foreign investment in the Russian economy

The falling Oil price is also negatively impacting the Russian economy but end of the day its the decision of the Putin government that is the direct cause for the state of the Russian economy. Its one of the major advantage of living in a global world, the right type of sanctions do have an impact on any country

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually last video looks like fake. Police too close to building, they crowding and don't fear return fire, shoot to somewhere, using anti-tank grenades instead of fragmentation grenades and just make circus. Probably journalists ask them make show, and they make it for them (but as usually in such situation don't show real work to potential enemy).

Possible. Though I've seen similar displays of abysmal (or complete lack of) tactics and weapon handling in firefights of US troops in the sandbox. 

How to properly aim and shoot a firearm is very basic knowledge for somebody in a law enforcement / military position, no matter the nationality, gender or race. We're not talking about rocket science here. 

Edited by Woldan

How to properly aim and shoot a firearm is very basic knowledge for somebody in a law enforcement / military position, no matter the nationality, gender or race. We're not talking about rocket science here. 

Well, I guess that says something about the Chechen police then.

To be honest, the clip reminds me of another clip with the Malian army I think I saw on this forum.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

It looks staged for the journalists. If there was a real threat at that moment they'd be running for cover and not idling around

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10153556444671686

Reckless Congress Declares War on Russia
by Ron Paul

smart decision lol.

246804_600.jpg

During WW2 EU soldiers in Russia has serious mental disorders because of environment... but Russian constantly live in such environment. In other words they are very dangerous bloodthirsty maniacs, they hide this by constant self-control (Russian don't smiling because of this, no emotions - only cold intellect), but during wartime...

1. Stress cause lose of self-control - Russians can't resist against own malicious nature more

2. War justify their destructive wishes - they can "play" with enemies now and feed internal beast without punishment by society.

3. Russians hate own dark side and every person who cause of dominance of their internal beast become a object of hate also ( I good guy, but these idiots awake terrible beast inside me and because of this they must be killed/tortured/devoured).

It looks staged for the journalists. If there was a real threat at that moment they'd be running for cover and not idling around

But what if the terrorists are also incompetent, and not expert marksmen? Maybe we are seeing the AK-47 version of a slap fight?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10153556444671686

Reckless Congress Declares War on Russia

by Ron Paul

smart decision lol.

During WW2 EU soldiers in Russia has serious mental disorders because of environment... but Russian constantly live in such environment. In other words they are very dangerous bloodthirsty maniacs, they hide this by constant self-control (Russian don't smiling because of this, no emotions - only cold intellect), but during wartime...

Then I seriously hope that we'll never have to fight people, living in Antarctica or in the deserts because according to your logic they'd eat people alive. Russia is a joke compared to those environments. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

But what if the terrorists are also incompetent, and not expert marksmen? Maybe we are seeing the AK-47 version of a slap fight?

In Chechnya? Might have been possible twenty years ago, but pretty much everyone agrees that both sides are competent now, if only because it's now Blue Chechens vs Red Chechens rather than unmotivated conscript cannon fodder like 1994. Pretty much zero chance that it isn't staged.

Then I seriously hope that we'll never have to fight people, living in Antarctica or in the deserts because according to your logic they'd eat people alive. Russia is a joke compared to those environments. 

O'RLY?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostok_Station

You really don't understand what you talking about... but you can just read feelings of your ancestors about Russia.

http://books.google.ru/books?id=dEEirACIVNoC&pg=PT132&lpg=PT132&dq=eastern+front+space+seemed+endless&source=bl&ots=YgKbi7aAHR&sig=7-HVDCUR-bwcQ0zTwTk0lLVyG3I&hl=ru&sa=X&ei=biuEVKeQAsn-ywPiy4CADw&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=eastern%20front%20space%20seemed%20endless&f=false

They begin whining about homogeneous Lovecraftian landscapes of Russia yet in 1941 year... in 1942 their letter became hysterical "this is hell, we all die here blah blah".

1358876919_podborka_47.jpg

Don't get too worked up about condemning resolutions. Between nuclear powers, they might as well mean nothing. If the US would ever go to war against Russia, it would be only under the most dire of circumstances. They good thing is that with all the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, et.c. we have forgotten that a real war between two nuclear nations is far more serious and not so easily initiated. It won't be enough with diplomatical threats to start one. People are simply not that stupid. A nuclear war would almost surely mean total annihilation for both involved parts. That matter of "winning" such a war is moot, the territory of former Russia would be split up and ruled by whomever did not participate in the war regardless of the damage done in the other direction. For every practical purpose, all participants in the war will be losers.

And so I guess bad news is that with all these small so-called wars, people might also have forgotten the dire implications of a "real" nuclear war, which was constantly on everyone's mind as late as in the 1980s.