Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

A wise Swedish man (ok, who am I kidding, it was Mkreku) once told me that if you are not interested in a game, why don't you stfu and strop crapping in a thread. I've found his suggestion to be an excellent one and urge everybody else to follow it too. ;)

What if you're on the fence and want more info?

To go with this, have any abilities been revealed for specializations? Playing an Arcane Warrior in DAO was fun and it would be great to know what the new analogue is like.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

“The young templar Cullen never quite recovered from his ordeal. After months of attempting to convince his superiors that the tower was still a danger, he finally snapped and killed three apprentices before being stopped by his fellow templars. Eventually, Cullen escaped from prison, a madman and a threat to any mage he encountered.”

I bet he's not even really Irish.

They retrconed him in DA2 and again in DA:I

I just don't understand his significant in Dragon Age series at all....seeing him in DA2 is bad enough and they keep him for DA:I...i just don't understand

His fan thread is over 3000 pages big. For some reason which eludes me he is extremely popular among the female fans- 

I will now share with you the most important secret; the way to a woman's heart:

"Say as little as possible and let her think as much"

A woman will be okay romancing a wet cloth on a stick if she think there's some depth to it. Like if you tell her that the wet cloth has feelings that it doesn't let show because it has been hurt by past relationships.

They should be more like men; we would romance a wet cloth if it had a nice pair.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Geez!! I have a computer that's like three months old, and it was pretty decent in all respects when I bought it, and still it doesn't fulfil every criterion in that Recommended spec list (nearly, though).

What's more, well, my source of HD space required that I posted earlier was off with 10 GB!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A wise Swedish man (ok, who am I kidding, it was Mkreku) once told me that if you are not interested in a game, why don't you stfu and strop crapping in a thread. I've found his suggestion to be an excellent one and urge everybody else to follow it too. ;)

What if you're on the fence and want more info?

To go with this, have any abilities been revealed for specializations? Playing an Arcane Warrior in DAO was fun and it would be great to know what the new analogue is like.

I think the answer to that is self-explanatory, as someone on the fence doesn't show up to whine over imagined past slights or just to stir **** up.

Though there's an entertainment value in itself to both these groups, as we've just seen.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Running my stream of Origins right now. For those who are interested. my stream url is as follows:

twitch.tv/lamashtu

Going to be playing on hard as a City Elf rogue, cos 'eff those Dalish, Kallian Tabris is original gangsta baby.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I guess PTSD could explain his imbecility during DA2.

Cullen has never been a coherently written character. Even in Awakenings, you get dialogue about what he did depending on your actions in Origins.

Then, in DA2, he's a completely different person.

I can sort of see a potential reason for including Cullen in DA2...

He presents a face of the Templars who has seen a Mage Circle go nuts. He has the history of the worst happening with Mages, and thus is a touch more understandable or relatable then Meredith or the others who just come across as utter jerks. The fact that he does that, plus is a cheap way to link in to DA:O is a twofer.

Sure, they could have written a totally new character who had seen a Circle go nuts like that, and abominations run wild...  But it's a fairly easy thing to link back and make it seem that DA2 actually relates to DA:O.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Running my stream of Origins right now. For those who are interested. my stream url is as follows:

twitch.tv/lamashtu

Going to be playing on hard as a City Elf rogue, cos 'eff those Dalish, Kallian Tabris is original gangsta baby.

HehEHehE, LlaMaSTew.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

But where's the fun in that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess PTSD could explain his imbecility during DA2.

Cullen has never been a coherently written character. Even in Awakenings, you get dialogue about what he did depending on your actions in Origins.

Then, in DA2, he's a completely different person.

Yes, he's not Cullen i know in DA2, and in DA:I he's a new person again

I can sort of see a potential reason for including Cullen in DA2...

He presents a face of the Templars who has seen a Mage Circle go nuts. He has the history of the worst happening with Mages, and thus is a touch more understandable or relatable then Meredith or the others who just come across as utter jerks. The fact that he does that, plus is a cheap way to link in to DA:O is a twofer.

Sure, they could have written a totally new character who had seen a Circle go nuts like that, and abominations run wild...  But it's a fairly easy thing to link back and make it seem that DA2 actually relates to DA:O.

Kirkwal is a place where demons can come out at anytime in day light, abomination coming out from underground, blood mages running free in dark town, Teveinter mages doing business everywhere, there are a lot of Templars seeing weird things in Kirwal than a Templar only see one thing in Ferelden Circle.

Or just making new character who have a very good bck story, a Templar who was afrom Tevinter of magic or anything. They can create Fenris who have some dark past, what is so hard making new similar character?

"For me, they shouldn't continue with Cullen after DA:O, there should not be Cullen anymore, but they keep him up to DA:I...Cullen was not even an important character in DA:O anyway. He's just there to create the scenery that the female Mage Warden have a secret admirer that is a Templar, they cannot be together because of their nature. So why carry on with Cullen in all the series?"

Wow. Just wow.

"I just don't understand his significant in Dragon Age series at all....seeing him in DA2 is bad enough and they keep him for DA:I...i just don't understand"

I just don't understand how one cna post both the above quotes amongst others. The disconnect is HUGE. You obviously have some mega crush on Cullen and actually feel ebtrayed (like he was some RL crush in RL who 'cheated' on you even though you were never actually together and you haven't seen him in years) and are now butthurt over him moving. That's some interesting stuff.

As according to my choice in DA:O, my Solona didn't reject Cullen, always treat him softly no matter how Cullen go nut in the Circle during the final phase. She also didn't romance anyone. The boon is to let the Circle run by it's own, free from the Templar/Chatry and Alistair grant it. By means, there's no problem at all. Even DA2 recognize that choice, Ferelden Circle is most liberal Circle in the Chantry kingdom in Thedas. So it means, Solona Amell might pursue her relationship with Cullen, they might get along, as lovers.

But Cullen in DA2 is totally a different person, player choice is doesn't matter

30 min gameplay, no commentary. At the start, you get to see how you pick your party with those awesome cards, and then how you set a Landmark, etc.

Has there been any m+kb gameplay footage yet?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"But Cullen in DA2 is totally a different person, player choice is doesn't matter"

I choose to be with a woman I'm attracted to. She chooses to tell me to get lost. My choice doesn't matter :(

That's the way the world works.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"But Cullen in DA2 is totally a different person, player choice is doesn't matter"

I choose to be with a woman I'm attracted to. She chooses to tell me to get lost. My choice doesn't matter :(

Except that in DA2 that would happen after a timeskip.

village_idiot.gif

Not as far as I know and my money is on there not being any until release.

IIRC they said they are going to show some in the next gameplay video, so next week, I guess?

(Edit: On Monday's Twitch Stream).

(How much do you owe me?) ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

IIRC they said they are going to show some in the next gameplay video, so next week, I guess?

(Edit: On Monday's Twitch Stream).

(How much do you owe me?) ;)

Huh, really? That is mighty brave of them. I'll keep an eye out for that stream then.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

What about the woman choice? Relationship is not a choice, it's a decision made by both party. So your choice doesn't matter, you only need to lobby the woman to make her decide to be with you.

But in this case, who make the decision? Surely not the player, but Bioware.

30 min gameplay, no commentary. At the start, you get to see how you pick your party with those awesome cards, and then how you set a Landmark, etc.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/10/dragon-age-inquisition-pc-mouse-and-keys-stream-on-monday

Monday we should see how mouse and keyboard interface works 

• Like 1

"What about the woman choice? Relationship is not a choice, it's a decision made by both party. So your choice doesn't matter, you only need to lobby the woman to make her decide to be with you.

But in this case, who make the decision? Surely not the player, but Bioware."

That's the point.

Just ebcause YOUR character chose Cullen doesn't mean he chose you for the long term.

Maybe he just had a crush/infatuation with your warden and then moved by DA2.

My golly, you sound like a stalker who just won't let go of a past not quite a lover.

Let Cullen go. He doesn't love you anymore.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.