RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Before we get funny about the sandwich... what's in it?

It's a Reuben.  Corned beef & swiss cheese on rye, toasted, with sauerkraut and Russian dressing. yummy.gif

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Y'all realize she's not a playable character, right?

What !!!!

You joking right?  This is unacceptable !! Okay back to the " SJ tar and feather Ubisoft parade " , our work isn't done :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, probably not gaming related really, but there's some hilarious drama on with regards to Zoe Quinn (the Depression Quest person), even better as Walker and Fish are on the warpath for her :lol:

It has become game related as soon as it got out that some of her dalliances were with her boss and members of the gaming media that put her on the public radar. More over there is another scandal about boards and website censoring any topic related to it and the fact that she has used her relationships to further her career. It also puts the entire SJW journalism thing under the microscope since now we don't know who else has done this.

Also; being Bruce is suffering.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ah, probably not gaming related really, but there's some hilarious drama on with regards to Zoe Quinn (the Depression Quest person), even better as Walker and Fish are on the warpath for her :lol:

It has become game related as soon as it got out that some of her dalliances were with her boss and members of the gaming media that put her on the public radar. More over there is another scandal about boards and website censoring any topic related to it and the fact that she has used her relationships to further her career. It also puts the entire SJW journalism thing under the microscope since now we don't know who else has done this.

Initially I was going to say "you guys are just raising this to try to undermine the feminism movement" but then I researched this event a bit further and read this excellent article

http://www.geekenstein.com/what-qualifies-zoe-quinns-personal-life-as-gaming-news/

So what is wrong is not that she slept around, its the fact she claimed to be totally against cheating on your partner, and she espoused this as one of foundations of the feminist cause. She is a hypocrite and is the same as those ministers who are opposed to homosexuality and say things like " all gays must burn in the fires of hell " and then later they are caught with a male prostitute. So she has no more credibility IMO.

But don't let this taint the greater cause of feminism, there is still good  and relevant work many people in the movement do

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Initially I was going to say "you guys are just raising this to try to undermine the feminism movement" but then I researched this event a bit further and read this excellent article

http://www.geekenstein.com/what-qualifies-zoe-quinns-personal-life-as-gaming-news/

So what is wrong is not that she slept around, its the fact she claimed to be totally against cheating on your partner, and she espoused this as one of foundations of the feminist cause. She is a hypocrite and is the same as those ministers who are opposed to homosexuality and say things like " all gays must burn in the fires of hell " and then later they are caught with a male prostitute. So she has no more credibility IMO.

But don't let this taint the greater cause of feminism, there is still good  and relevant work many people in the movement do

The problem is that these are some of the people and websites that have championed the movement within the industry and now that their character comes into question their whole work comes into question. I also love the bit about the contest to get more women into making games that she sabotaged.

Honestly Bruce, I do respect your opinions even if I don't agree with them but I've always though you had been backing the wrong horse. These people are the worst champions that your cause could possibly have.You should throw your name on the next election for SJW king; support BruceVC! 

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

At least there are a handful less virgins among game journalists now.

Desperation would be a requirement for that kind of interaction.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The problem is that these are some of the people and websites that have championed the movement within the industry and now that their character comes into question their whole work comes into question. I also love the bit about the contest to get more women into making games that she sabotaged.

Honestly Bruce, I do respect your opinions even if I don't agree with them but I've always though you had been backing the wrong horse. These people are the worst champions that your cause could possibly have.You should throw your name on the next election for SJW king; support BruceVC! 

" SJW king; support BruceVC! " :lol:

I also respect your opinion, I use to think you were just being dismissive for the sake of it but after you explained  your perspective I realized there is a lot of logic and objectiveness around your points. I remember when you explained to me the logistics behind an indie developer being expected to have female characters in a game just to pander to some of the fan base, and you were right. Sometimes its just not practical to try to support some of these SJ issues if you are making a game and have a limited budget. I get that and understand that.

Also after my thread about feminism I have decided on a personal level not to call myself a feminist anymore  because of the negative connotations, rightly or wrongly, that exist around the word

I now say I support the cause of gender equality

• Like 1

John Milton 

Guys, I think we broke Bruce.
Don't change please, we need our own resident SJW otherwise we're a homogeneous community of guys that pretend to be Russian and communist.

• Like 5

village_idiot.gif

Don't change please, we need our own resident SJW otherwise we're a homogeneous community of guys that pretend to be Russian and communist.

:lol:

You funny

John Milton 

I hate to get technical, but I'm actually Bulgarian and Maoist.
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I do not know if this belongs in the feminism-thread or in this one. But here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

TL;DR-version: SJW-journalists and developers are completely corrupt, both ethically and morally. And the drama is sooooooooo juicy.

• Like 5

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

only in this world they are so far behind, and are constantly being pushed back, that using all of their "assets" isn't enough 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Shame her screwing or not several game industry folk will detract from any other legitimate criticism.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So women use all their assets to get ahead in the world. What else is new?

But, but, my social justice!

*sniff-sniff*

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not only have the press ignored and tried to silence this with articles removed, reddits deleted, twitter-accounts banned, but apparantly 4chan claims that she hacked her own tumblr-account as a honey-pot for them to raid (they didn't bait) and promptly resumed damage control. Heck, even the staff at the 'Codex are starting to get PM:s about the topic:

Please close this thread:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...neral-gaming-sjw-dumping-ground.90469/page-39
and every subsequent thread concerning Quinn affair.
Please ban every user who insists on discussing this topic.

How can i even go to sleep tonight? This is more interesting than try to guess who shot JR in Dallas.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Not only have the press ignored and tried to silence this with articles removed, reddits deleted, twitter-accounts banned, but apparantly 4chan claims that she hacked her own tumblr-account as a honey-pot for them to raid (they didn't bait) and promptly resumed damage control. Heck, even the staff at the 'Codex are starting to get PM:s about the topic:

Please close this thread:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...neral-gaming-sjw-dumping-ground.90469/page-39

and every subsequent thread concerning Quinn affair.

Please ban every user who insists on discussing this topic.

How can i even go to sleep tonight? This is more interesting than try to guess who shot JR in Dallas.

Would the Codex actually ban people just for discussing this topic? I didn't think the word "ban" actually existed in the Codex's vocabulary :biggrin:

John Milton 

Nah, the only way to get banned there is to ****post, meaning spamming with images or trying to link to something completely illegal.

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

TL;DR-version: SJW-journalists and developers are completely corrupt, both ethically and morally. And the drama is sooooooooo juicy.

I think he goes slightly overboard with it, but the basic point is valid. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Come on the post at the Codex is a joke :p

Come on the post at the Codex is a joke :p

Or is it? :p

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hm, perhaps, if it were a joke I'd expect it to be more verbose and with flowery SJ language. Or have a reference to Zionist Cabals.