Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

I think one of the descriptions mentioned surgery, but I'm not sure.  I think I saved everyone at the Ag Center.  In one of the infected farms, I missed a pod person and ended up killing a cow.  I thought to myself, "self, at least you don't have to kill the rest of them."  Then it seemed like the pod people were intentionally either hiding behind cows or getting killed right next to them.  I went through like five or six cows, and I most certainly wasn't trying to gun them down.  It just happened that way.  Hell, it was almost a mini-game.  One pod person got the chop and exploded literally standing *between* two cows.  I couldn't even pretend my people would eat the meat because it was covered by exploding pod folk.

BTW:  Does anyone know what the hell I'm supposed to do with exploding pod fragments?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I dunno if anyone else would have made it much different. Obviously Deep Silver tries to save as much money as possible on it (who knows how much money they will make with it anyway). It's probably what anyone would have done. It sucks that it takes so long, but at least we got the digital keys already.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Welp. Looks like Fargo chose wrong with Deep Silver on the logistics with the physical rewards. Hopefully Paradox will do better.

Is WL2 doing well?  Wasteland is one of the best games I've played in a long time.  I hope it's selling well enough to make it worth it.

And I never really go out of my way to recommend games on STEAM, but reading the page you posted, Leferd, I recommended it.  I'll probably write a three or four sentence review to praise it also.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

They'll make money of it but it's not  gonna be a blockbuster. Then again, neither is DOS though people try to pretend it is even thoguh it hasn't even sold a million yet.

MILLION OR BUST!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

For my sins, I started a new game again.  I've logged about 52 hours, but for some of that I have to admit that I start the game and then do other stuff I have to do.  So I've probably only played about 30 hours, but that's still significant.  I did the Ag center, Highpool, all of the infected areas, the Wrecker's joint, and at least one place I can't recall straight away, and I had just gotten to the Rail Nomad place and saved some kid.  I'm going to do Highpool first this run I think, so I won't have Rose unless she survives.  I'm not counting on it, so I have a techie and a surgeon in this run.  I going for Ranger level because I've putz around enough on normal.  Usually I do the full run on normal, but I also usually don't restart the game four or five times before I finish it, so WL2 will have to be the exception.  Wish me luck in the wasteland!

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/1003934

Welp. Looks like Fargo chose wrong with Deep Silver on the logistics with the physical rewards. Hopefully Paradox will do better.

Aww, jeez. Hey, Obsidian, I live pretty close to Irvine, in case that's where my T-shirt add-ons originate ... let me know, I'll totally run up there and grab them ... you won't have to mail them to Sweden first or anything. I could stop by the Spectrum, get some noodles, maybe a latte.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Is WL2 doing well?  Wasteland is one of the best games I've played in a long time.  I hope it's selling well enough to make it worth it.

There were early reports that it made 1.5 million $ in four days.

But it lasted only about a week in top 10 bestsellers on steam.

Chances are it will just break even.

They've hopefully already made a profit.  Much of the game was funded via Kickstarter.  The game cost more than what they got from Kickstarter minus fees and cost of goodies, but they made money off Early Access which was used to cover most, if not all, of the rest of the game's budget.  Hopefully most of that 1.5 million quoted (and whatever else they made since) has been profit.

I'm making my way through Damonta now.  I desperately need to get to a merchant who can afford to buy a lot of stuff from me.  All my characters are quite weighed down, to the point that I have to leave stuff behind sometimes (which drives me nuts).  I'm glad I had Ralphy learn energy weapons.  He sucked in battle before most of the time, because energy weapons are garbage in many situations, but he's very useful in Damonta, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, I'm finally just about ready to go to California.  I have a few loose ends to tie up first, but I don't think thy'll take very long.  I'm eager to see a new, different location.  I'm also really hoping to find a better bludgeoning weapon for by group leader.  She's still using a freakin' crowbar for goodness sake, which would be great if she was Gordon Freeman, but she's not.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, I'm finally just about ready to go to California.  I have a few loose ends to tie up first, but I don't think thy'll take very long.  I'm eager to see a new, different location.  I'm also really hoping to find a better bludgeoning weapon for by group leader.  She's still using a freakin' crowbar for goodness sake, which would be great if she was Gordon Freeman, but she's not.

You haven't gotten the hammer or the police baton? You must be playing the game wrong.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I saved Highpool and cleaned up the remains of the Ag Center and returned to the Citadel. What can I do with the exploded pod fragments?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You haven't gotten the hammer or the police baton? You must be playing the game wrong.

I've been getting completely shafted on bludgeoning weapon drops.  I swear, I must get 20 guns to every bludgeoning weapon.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Alright, got to Darwin Village, the last place for me to go through before I set off for the sunny skies and warm beaches of California.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Alright, got to Darwin Village, the last place for me to go through before I set off for the sunny skies and warm beaches of California.

Are you sure? Have you gotten to the Mine or the Abandoned TrainYard? Have you found every Shrine?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Are you sure? Have you gotten to the Mine or the Abandoned TrainYard? Have you found every Shrine?

To the best of my knowledge, yes (a definite yes for the mine and the train yard).  I've unfogged the entire map, every single nook and cranny.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yay!  I made it to California.  Steam says it only took me 57 hours.  :o  Keep in mind that at least an hour of that, likely closer to 2, was spent idle while I ate a sammich or alt+tabbed out to do something else.  Also, I play this game very slowly.  It's a testament to how good this game is that I'm still motivated to continue and don't feel like taking a break from the game.  Most games I get burnt out after 20-25 hours, even Pirate Creed, which is a game I enjoyed immensely, I lasted only a little over 40 hours before I got burnt out and needed a break.  

Anyway, I'm already mulling over my second playthrough party.  Two things are for certain, I will play on Supreme Jerk and I will not take Angie along at the start for extreme difficulty reasons.  I'm thinking about doing a party of junkies, but I'm not sure there are enough drugs in the game to last my drug addict party throughout, doesn't seem like there is enough in the Ay-Zee, anyway.  Is there withdrawal in the game?  

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Woohoo, I finally got a better bludgeoning weapon, a rebar staff.  Higher AP than a crowbar, but the damage output is increased enough to still make it a better weapon in almost every circumstance.  It has 1 better armor penetration to boot.  I also found a badass sniper rifle called Sabra Marie.   :biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finally in LA. I enjoyed the first half but it was becoming a bit of a slog in places like Damonta, and I'm looking forward to this allegedly better half. Rangers are level 19 and have Night Terror tagging along.