What you did today

Rosbjerg

Staggering into Tuesday in general. This seems to be the third day in a row I managed about 3 hours of sleep and then woke up, although this time was to discover the joys of a raging headache. Still, managed to doze in and out for a bit longer, but not quite proper sleep. Now I'm trying to figure out what I actually need to do with the day....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Can't edit my post anymore. Such madness.

Just got back from Doc. I'll need a surgical intervention, because my finger bones might rotate. Now that means I am probably out of the game for at least 5 or 6 weeks.

Guess how happy I am about this news...

Yikes, that sounds nasty as hell, I'm sorry to hear that. :/ Hope it works out and that you will heal quicker than so!

You don't happen to know some hot girls that give hugs for free? Darn.

My employer doesn't get any extra help because I'm his little b!tch. Or maybe because of budget reasons. Probably both.

What? I'm not good enough for you? ;(

I do know a few hot girls, but they live here in Sweden I'm afraid. ;)

Bah, that sucks, do you have any more vacation time?

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I kind of felt bleh all day with the lack of sleep the past few days and the headache I awoke to. Couldn't focus well on any work stuff all scattered and couldn't figure out where to start things properly. Mom's been having a bad day with things, so she doped herself to half-sleep with her pain meds, the dog and cat have both been snoozing through all the day... which generally meant I ended up doing very little and marathoning the 12 episodes of 24: live another day. I was curious and amused to see just how far they'd push the boat this time with it.

Since everybody here is having a vacation I have to do the jobs of two people, and things always get super busy when this happens, as if everyone in the world knew about my situation. I have to fvcking do ten things simultaneously.

Kill me.

KILL ME

I just found out there is a vegan nazi hipster cooking show. Here I thought that nazis couldn't be more pathetic.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

Yeah, same here, and I'm suddenly the most senior person in the office. Having people come to me for advise is an interesting development. I should have guessed the partners had something up thei sleeves when they made me a senior associate :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today I was in the office from 9:30 till 11 at night, and it was a quite busy day.  Now I have to cook me a meal, lift weights, wash my laundry. And tomorrow its rinse and repeat. 

How am I supposed to have a girlfriend? I don't even have enough time to take a proper dump.  :wowey:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I was in the office from 9:30 till 11 at night, and it was a quite busy day.  Now I have to cook me a meal, lift weights, wash my laundry. And tomorrow its rinse and repeat. 

How am I supposed to have a girlfriend? I don't even have enough time to take a proper dump.  :wowey:

Woldan what does the company you work for do?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Congrats Nep!

Seriously though, it just means that everybody with any kind of real decision making ability or skill is on holiday. ;)

I am one of those ***holes that has taken a 5 week summer holiday, leaving the project that i am managing to someone that does not have the experience to handle it. But on the other hand, i see it as a test and it is his moment to shine.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Currently having some sort of migraine.

Keep throwing up.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am one of those ***holes that has taken a 5 week summer holiday, leaving the project that i am managing to someone that does not have the experience to handle it. But on the other hand, i see it as a test and it is his moment to shine.

Yeah, there's those people who feel terribly neglected and insulted by the fact that their attorney is able to take a holiday while their matter remains unsolved. Also, since practically everybody is on holiday, we're now the recipient of all the crazies wanting to sue the government/UN/EU/reptoids.

So, basically this is me right now:

fun_facts_about_the_matrix_with_cool_pic

Keep throwing up.

Those are called "hangovers"

I'd agree with you except:

1) I only drank 4 beers yesterday

2) I don't throw up when I'm hungover

3) I sure as hell don't feel this bad, this many hours after drinking four beers. They should have cleared my system hours ago.

On the plus side, although I can't stand up, and keep vomiting I can type much much more accurately.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The question becomes, when the opening of a statement is "I only drank 4 beers..."  does that slide into the nature of starting every anecdote with "I was at the pub" or "I was slightly drunk".. ?   :shifty:

The cat has taken to meowing in a very plaintive way today.. but I've managed to ignore him to get various laundry sorted and some of those household chores out of the way.

The question becomes, when the opening of a statement is "I only drank 4 beers..."  does that slide into the nature of starting every anecdote with "I was at the pub" or "I was slightly drunk".. ?   :shifty:

The cat has taken to meowing in a very plaintive way today.. but I've managed to ignore him to get various laundry sorted and some of those household chores out of the way.

Or "I was slowly starting to feel human again..."?

New hire is joining soon, maybe. Manager is worried about our team being unprofessional and slightly crazy and sociopathic may discourage the new guy from staying. 6 months probation so I guess that's our timeframe to act normal, bah, I say.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Keep throwing up.

Those are called "hangovers"

I'd agree with you except:

1) I only drank 4 beers yesterday

2) I don't throw up when I'm hungover

3) I sure as hell don't feel this bad, this many hours after drinking four beers. They should have cleared my system hours ago.

On the plus side, although I can't stand up, and keep vomiting I can type much much more accurately.

Strange. Alcohol consumption and lack of sleep does tend to increase the risk of migraine. I'd definitely check in with a doctor ASAP, though. There's a whole lot of nasty things that produce these symptoms.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Woldan what does the company you work for do?

Fitness stuff of course. And I'm an extremely well paid personal trainer who does nothing but instructing steaming hot girls in tight sport shorts on how to perform proper deadlifts and barbell lunges while touching their butts and hips. My life is so hard. 

What, me a liar you say? How dare you sir!

Nah, just wishful thinking.  ;( 

I push pencils and polish chairs with my butt in a renown promotion agency. A currently very understaffed promotion agency. My job involves:

* Doing customer babysit....errm I mean service for multi million bucks companies

* Offers

* Order confirmations

* Communication with printers

* Communication with embroidery companies

* Logistics

* Sometimes graphical stuff when our graphics designers have screwed up and said stuff needs to be done and sent RIGHT NOW (= always)

* Finances and bills

* A lot of other things I don't care to remember right now

And I'm doing all of these things simultaneously. Because order is boring. Chaos weeds out the weak.    :wowey:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

While I don't think it can have been the beers on their own I agree with 'trioxide that they may have triggered something.

Think I'll go to the two pint rule for the next few weeks. Also, no more lager.

EDIT: I still feel terrible, so this was NOT the beers.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Some office ho(I say this because she is having the secks with her boss) tried to throw me under the bus today. In retaliation, I humiliated her by having several of her customers bombard her with calls after I informed them that their pool equipment would not be repaired under warranty due to improper installation or operator error. When she requested some assistance, I refused and let her deal with a mountain of Bull****.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Yeah, there's those people who feel terribly neglected and insulted by the fact that their attorney is able to take a holiday while their matter remains unsolved. Also, since practically everybody is on holiday, we're now the recipient of all the crazies wanting to sue the government/UN/EU/reptoids.

So, basically this is me right now:

fun_facts_about_the_matrix_with_cool_pic

Yikes!

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy