The Tea Thread

Keyrock

I love tea, I was raised on tea and only drink coffee if I want a break. I need a cup of tea everyday to get me up in the morning

I generally drink  local brands and Rooibos

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Right now I have two different kinds of Yunnan Mao Feng (green) and some fairly cheap kenyan black tea, which, while surprisingly good for its price, I mainly drink with heavy additions of cinnamon, clove and freshly-grated ginger, so it's kinda lost on me.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Maybe ya'll been tryin' some bunk-ass counterfeit Earl Grey tea.  Ya'll need to try some Bigelow Earl Greay team.  Maybe it's just proximity, since Bigelow teas are made right here in the overpriced state of Connecticut, though all the packets are individually sealed, which leads me to believe that Bigelow Earl Grey teas are just higher quality.  Regardless, I've tried other brands, and none of them came even close.  Bigelow Earl Grey teas have a nice sharp bite that hits you hard then fades away clean, leaving you with the nice smooth, yet pronounced, black tea taste. 

a5dgA9y_700b.jpg

Amazing what you can stumble over on the internet. :D

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Twining's Earl Grey, the original blend, not that revolting new mix they "pioneered" a few years ago. Keeps ones upper lip stiff, ones mustache sprightly and ones little finger pointing to heaven as it should while imbibing.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As I am British my tea preferences trump all of yours.

Earl Grey tastes of perfume and is disgusting. My preferred tea is plain and simple PG TIps, milky with two sugars.

Anything else is for effete hipsters with waxed facial hair and a dainty tattoo on their pinky finger.

That is all.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

The only thing worse than tea is coffee.

The only thing worse than coffee is tea.

Dreadful stuff, only popular with those who feel water should have a flavor.

Mind you, I come from the southern US, where the only tea is sweat tea - black tea and sugar brewed in hot water, then chilled with ice (although originally it was green tea) - and it is particularly vile (I admit this only anonymously on the boards lest the south rise up against me for expressing such an opinion).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Iced tea is quite good, but I have to make it myself.  Any pre-made brand you buy here in The States is laced with an ungodly amount of sugar.  It's sickening and should be considered a crime against humanity.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A lot of people love iced tea. It never did much for me personally.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I drink iced tea with sugar and rum.

Tried Earl Grey once and spit it out.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I drink iced tea with sugar and rum.

Tried Earl Grey once and spit it out.

You're still a young guy and already you're doing All The Right Stuff.

I predict a glorious future for you KP, packed with awesomeness.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Good old Earl Gray whenever i feel like it (4-5 times a year). Any other brand means that you have to go somewhere else than the local supermarket, something that i would never bother myself to do.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As I am British my tea preferences trump all of yours.

Earl Grey tastes of perfume and is disgusting. My preferred tea is plain and simple PG TIps, milky with two sugars.

Anything else is for effete hipsters with waxed facial hair and a dainty tattoo on their pinky finger.

That is all.

Spoken like a true East India Company man hawking your wares.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I like tea. What brand or type doesn't really matter. I've never had a tea I didn't like.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Grandam swore by Nettle tea, developed a taste for it during the wars when rationing was in effect, tastes foul to me personally.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I feel overwhelming sense of sadness for the person with inferior mental qualities and poor decision making skills, who doesn't appreciate the greatness that is tea.

tea_time.png

Gentlemen Goedffrey T. Humplebottom has spoken.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Green tea. With lots of cinnamon.

Other than that I'll take any old biffer stewed tea.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you drank tea then you would conquer that island.

• Like 3

Tea for the teapot!