Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

Nobody other than people in Cleveland bashed him for leaving Cleveland.

He was bashed for handling it in a terribly tacky way, but that is entirely different.

Also we didnt even have an NBA thread back then, so stop transferring your misguided aggression toward the media on us Obsidianites.

L0L  Perhaps you should remember back to The Decision tm. And, then tell me without laughing that nobody bashed him for choosing to leave Cleveland. Also, why isn't Love being bashed for wanting off his team? Weird.

Most people that bashed The Decision bashed the TV special itself rather than the move to Miami, I know that's how I felt, still do.  I had no problem at all with LeBron fleeing Cleveland for tax-free pastures.  The TV special itself, on the other hand, was disgraceful.  That's the crux of the LeBron hate movement.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No, it wans't disgraceful. It was awesomely entertaining thanks to the butthurt. It's no different than when teams have announcements. Why the double standard? Oh yeah, because you like everyone else believes players should be slaves. What is good for the demon is good for the devil.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On the bright side, The Decision did deliver to us one of the funniest masturbation euphemisms ever (I still use it to this day).  So, there was at least one positive to take away from that debacle.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No, it wans't disgraceful. It was awesomely entertaining thanks to the butthurt. It's no different than when teams have announcements. Why the double standard? Oh yeah, because you like everyone else believes players should be slaves. What is good for the demon is good for the devil.

I don't appreciate you accusing me of supporting slavery.  That is a very ugly thing to say about a person.  You don't need to be blatantly disrespectful when discussing sports.

I don't appreciate you  saying that employees aren't allowed to leave their jobs and  under the same means that their employers use.  Why are you so pro billionaires? Why are people so jelaous of millionaires but are a-ok when billionaires try to treat those millionaires like  servants and slaves?

That is a very ugly thing to say about a person when you don't want to give them freedom to do something others are allowed to do.

What is fair for the devil is fair for the demon.

"On the bright side, The Decision did deliver to us one of the funniest masturbation euphemisms ever (I still use it to this day).  So, there was at least one positive to take away from that debacle."

Multiple good things came out of it:

1. The thing you are eluding to.

2. It was great entertainiment.

3. The money that went to charity.

4. The MASSIVE butthurt it caused.

5. It was a way to stick it to the man who cried about it and all pro billionaires ani millionaire crowd showed their hypocrisy and their deep down  soul searching of how they want everyone as miserable of them. "IF IC AN'T HAVE FREEDOM TO DO WHAT I WANT NOBODY SHOULD!"

That is the moment that I went from  ackowledging James' basketballz skillz to be a die hard fan.

I had no problem with "The Decision". Hell, I didn't even watch it. I caught the highlights of it on Sportscenter, though. What I did look down on was the parade shortly after "The Decision". They won nothing yet here they are celebrating like they have already. 

Complete lack of perspective shown that day. And they came to realize that nothing is guaranteed when they lost to the Mavs later that year.

stuff

I accept your apology Volourn, thank you.

I totally agree with you that players should have the flexibility to opt out of contracts just like the owners.  Thankfully players in the NBA do have a fair amount of control over their careers, much more than Football and Baseball.

Actually baseball isn't too bad plus at least in baseball there is no articial limits (outside the loose salary 'cap') to a players' salary. Football is the worst though. The NFLPA should be ashamed of themselves.

Actually baseball isn't too bad plus at least in baseball there is no articial limits (outside the loose salary 'cap') to a players' salary. Football is the worst though. The NFLPA should be ashamed of themselves.

They went through that whole lockout semi-recently and after all that the NFL players wound up in arguably an even worse position than before.  Well done, DeMaurice Smith.

Anyway, given what we now know about Embiid's injuries, should Cleveland still take him #1?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Anyway, given what we now know about Embiid's injuries, should Cleveland still take him #1?

There's a possible trade between Cleveland and Orlando - The Magic send Aaron Affalo and their  #4 and #12 picks for Cleveland's #1 pick.  Not a bad deal actually.  Cleveland could grab Julius Randle at #4 and Aaron Gordon at SF with #12. 

I think James only stays in Miami if Bosh and Wade also opt out and take lower contracts because even if they don't get Anthony they definitely need a better support cast. Personally, I'd like to see him as a Clipper and only mostly because I hate the Lakers

Free games updated 3/4/21

Him in Clipper Land would definitely be interesting.  Paul is in his prime,Griffin (though there's been 'talk' of trading Griffin for James) is just 24 enterining his prime, and they have a solid supporting cast, and one of the better coaches in the league too.

As long as he doesn't got to the Lakers.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m

ESPN has learned that Dallas Mavericks are on verge of reacquiring Tyson Chandler in trade with New York Knicks. Story going online now

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 32s

Sources tell ESPN that Mavericks are in advanced talks on deal to complete trade that will bring Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas

Mark, Mark, what are you doing? Zen master found someone crazy enough to take on fat Felton's contract. 

Edit: Trade would involve those two coming to Dallas and the Knicks getting Calderon, Dalembert, Larkin, and Ellington. Are you ****ing serious Cuban?

/Maves fan 

Edited by Inyourprime

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
ESPN has learned that Dallas Mavericks are on verge of reacquiring Tyson Chandler in trade with New York Knicks. Story going online now

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 32s
Sources tell ESPN that Mavericks are in advanced talks on deal to complete trade that will bring Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas

Mark, Mark, what are you doing? Zen master found someone crazy enough to take on fat Felton's contract. 

Edit: Trade would involve those two coming to Dallas and the Knicks getting Calderon, Dalembert, Larkin, and Ellington. Are you ****ing serious Cuban?

/Maves fan 

Basically a cap clearing move for the Mavs, but giving up Larkin is tough.  Chandler has one year left at $14.5 million, and Felton has one year at $3.8 million.  Calderon still has three years left on his 4 yr, 28 million $ deal. 

The Houston Rockets have a trade in place - Asik and cash to the Pelicans for a protected #1 in 2015.  That pick will likely get moved.  The Rockets apparently have a trade in place to move Jeremy Lin as well. 

Draft Day! This is where things start to get fun. Daryl Morey isn't afraid to make big moves, but he will only move Lin if he already has an agreement in place with one of the big FA's.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Draft Day! This is where things start to get fun. Daryl Morey isn't afraid to make big moves, but he will only move Lin if he already has an agreement in place with one of the big FA's.

Honestly, does Carmelo make Houston that much better? I just don't see Anthony, Harden and Howard making it work, be fun to watch though. Carmelo to the Bulls, now that would work.

Basically a cap clearing move for the Mavs, but giving up Larkin is tough.  Chandler has one year left at $14.5 million, and Felton has one year at $3.8 million.  Calderon still has three years left on his 4 yr, 28 million $ deal.

Mavs will have a decent team next year, especially if they nab Deng/Lowry in FA.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

"This is where things start to get fun. Daryl Morey isn't afraid to make big moves, but he will only move Lin if he already has an agreement in place with one of the big FA's."

Technically speaking, teams cna't speak to them yet as they aren't officially FA until midnight on June 30. Thy are still under contract to their current teams they just were contractually bound to let their teams know . Well, James actually had til the 30th but  Anthony had to it by the end of Monday.

Players have agents. Agents also work with teams and help facilitate trades and negotiations with other third parties. Agents aren't prohibited from talking with teams and versa. Talks are always ingoing regardless of the date.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I still think Embiid goes #1 today.  He's the lone potential dominant franchise guy in this draft.  Both Parker and Wiggins will likely be all-star caliber guys, maybe even make some 1st teams, but I don't think either of them is a LeBron or KD type of perennial MVP candidate guy.  Embiid is the only one in this draft that I see with that potential, assuming he doesn't become a cripple.  I mean, his ultimate potential is Hakeem Olajuwon level.  Hakeem Freakin' Olajuwon.

Edit:  And I was wrong, Wiggins goes 1st.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I still think Embiid goes #1 today.  He's the lone potential dominant franchise guy in this draft.  Both Parker and Wiggins will likely be all-star caliber guys, maybe even make some 1st teams, but I don't think either of them is a LeBron or KD type of perennial MVP candidate guy.  Embiid is the only one in this draft that I see with that potential, assuming he doesn't become a cripple.  I mean, his ultimate potential is Hakeem Olajuwon level.  Hakeem Freakin' Olajuwon.

Wiggins #1 but I would have taken Parker.

I'm curious to see how far Embiid falls and who takes Dante Exum.  :)

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1