Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

Interesting how you didn't bother posting during/after game 2 win Heat won. now they are going to lose you back to trash talk. You are one of those peeps. This is a best of seven series. This is game 3. The series is going 6 or 7. Trash talk should only be reserved after a series is over. Otherwise, it can lead to embarassament - point of evidence: Last Finals.

Spurs win G1.

Heat win G2.

Spurs blow out Heat in G3.

rinse repeat.

We know how last series ended.

Either team can win the series.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Pretty thorough whoopin' San Antonio laid down on Miami tonight.  Still only counts as one win, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't like the Heat. I like the Spurs. Pop made his adjustments but Spoelstra wasn't able to counter until after the half. By then it was too late and so San Antonio won.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Interesting how you didn't bother posting during/after game 2 win Heat won. now they are going to lose you back to trash talk. You are one of those peeps. 

Trash talk? Where? Can you point out said trash talk? Because what I did was criticize the entire team, save for Lebron, for not showing up in the first quarter. The Heat played terrible defense and if it wasn't for Lebron's 14 points, it'd be much worse than how that quarter ended.

And uhh, I'm sorry for not showing up and posting on the forums after game two? I guess I'll post here after every game then.

Edited by Inyourprime

Well, he kept them in the game, somewhat, in the first half. Spurs were just ridiculous on offense, but a lot of that was way too easy for them. I'd live with contested jump shots going in but it wasn't the case They played careless defense and it showed they're better than that in the third quarter.

That's awfully thoughtful of you, Shady.  Now when Volo talks about the haterz, he'll have an actual physical (well, digital) post to point to, instead of just figments of his own imagination.  Good lookin' out.

I'm expecting Miami to have a big game on Thursday and tie the series up.  No way San Antonio shoots lights out like they did in the 1st half of game 3 again.  That was insane.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

But I really do dislike the Heat and KD deserves to win the MVP and Lebron slacked off on defense so much that he rightfully didn't deserve to make All NBA First Defense Team.

Additionally, the Spurs are better than the Heat.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Most definitely. The thing I don't understand, and why I think it would drive LeBron out of Miami, is he played 40 minutes in that game. Why? That game was over at the half. Take a page out of Pop's book and rest your best players. Get them ready for the next game. I mean, the Heat can go down 20 to the Bobcats, Atlanta, hell pick any weak team in the east... they can make come backs on them cause they go dry for long stretches during the game. The smart, efficient, teams in this league won't loose that moment for long. Yeah they'll go dry for about 3-4 minutes of a game, but their spacing is too good, their coaching is too good. You can go on a 14-3 run but the Spurs will come right back with a 9-2 run of there own.

Miami is not good enough if the role players don't show up.

From the Grantland Shootaround

Text Messages to Pop From a Spurs Fan

Me: hey, what kind of phone do you have?

Pop: phone?
Me: yeah. Cell phone
Pop: Motorola Razr
Me: gtfoh
Me: those phones are like 30 years old
Me: why don’t you have a better phone?
Me: I have an iPhone 5.
Me: why is my phone better than gregg popovich’s?
Pop: what does your phone do that mine doesn’t do?
Me: basically everything. It goes on the Internet, it has Flappy Bird
Pop: Can you call people?
Me: yes
Pop: Can you call the bank?
Me: yes
Pop: when you call the bank do they tell you that you’re a millionaire, because that’s what happens when I call the bank on my phone.
Me: :/
Pop: my phone is better
Pop: but at least you have a Flappy Bird
Me: bye pop

That line about calling the bank made me spit out my tea.  :lol:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's interesting

I'm not a Melo fan by any means after watching him give up so often (especially on D) here in Denver but it would definitely be impressive (and a little sad*) if the Heat managed to acquire him while still retaining their current Big 3.

*Sad because I don't want to watch the Harlem Globetrotters roflstomp the Washington Generals every night. I want to see the superstars of the league battle against each other rather than collude with each other to dominate the league. That's just me though

Free games updated 3/4/21

I love the word 'collude'. It is an attempt to make it sound so sinister and evil. LMAO

There is nothing wrong with this game plan. As stated in the article itself, this is the same thing that SA has done for years and nobody whines about it. :p

And, bashing Anothony for his D is dumb. He is good at D.  Better than most players but nontheless he is paid for his offense.

LeBron and Melo would work well together since LeBron likes to spread the ball around and would have no problem feeding Melo the ball.  Melo and Wade, not so much, but how many years does Wade have left in him anyway?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Did you guys not read the article? These guys are buddies. That's why Lebron-Bosh-Wade has worked well. They are friends. They will find a way to work things out.

I'm actually not outraged or incredulous about this at all. More power to Bron-Bron et al if they can leverage this.

They still evil though and Pat Riley is Ming the Merciless incarnate. The Warriors are the good guys with their mission of...Love!

• Like 1

I never said Anthony wasn't good at defense and I believe his stats actually place him at better than average but rather I'm not a fan of his because I feel he gives up a lot or doesn't put forth the effort consistently. Again, just my own personal opinion and observation and I will admit that I haven't followed him since he left Denver and as I said before it would be an impressive get

Free games updated 3/4/21

Melo essentially has the stigma of being a ball-stopping black hole. It's kinda unfair, but that's how coaches designed plays for him early in his career since he's such a dominant scorer at the high post, or when facing the basket.

That being said, he didn't get along with D'Antoni because his offense relies on pace and ball movement. It was unfortunate that he didn't buy in with D'Antoni's HORNS sets either because he didn't want to give up the rock once he does get the ball on the high post, which is a key component on HORNS. Unfortunate because a healthy Melo, Amare, Baron, and Linsanity HORNS Pick n Roll offense would have been devastating and they could have been really good.