Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

I read something amusing about Heat fans today. There never were many true Heat fans they were just LeBron fans confused by the name of the team. They didn't support the Heat just wherever he at.

Yup, having lived down there during the Alonzo Mourning years, this hits the nail square on the head. south Florida sports fans are notoriously disloyal. The only exception is the NHLs Panthers. The do have a dedicated, albeit small, following despite all the misery the last 14 years.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nba/luol-deng-agrees-to-2-year-dollar20-million-deal-with-miami-heat

So, I guess one way to look at it is the Heat traded Lebron to Cleveland for Deng and cash considerations.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nba/luol-deng-agrees-to-2-year-dollar20-million-deal-with-miami-heat

So, I guess one way to look at it is the Heat traded Lebron to Cleveland for Deng and cash considerations.

I'm undecided as to who got the better end of the deal.  :shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm mostly curious about Love now

Who's to say it's even real?  Some say it's just a chemical reaction in the brain.  Some say it's just lust explained away to make it sound more wholesome.  Others swear it goes deeper than that.

Here's a video that can explain a lot better than I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM

:brows:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"I'm undecided as to who got the better end of the deal.  :shifty:"

Only an ignorant can think  Deng is even 1/10th the player Lebron is. Come talk to me when he wins 4 MVPs.

Anyways, the Heat should have a pretty good team next season. At least it won't be a Cleveland disaster. then agin, better owner and management does that. That's the big issue with James going back to CLE just because of the city.   It is still owned by a crap owner who hire crap manager who makes crap decision.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I'm undecided as to who got the better end of the deal.  :shifty:"

Only an ignorant can think  Deng is even 1/10th the player Lebron is. Come talk to me when he wins 4 MVPs.

That whooshing sound you hear is the joke going over your head.  Of course I wan't being serious, hence the emoticon.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I dunno... I think the current Heat (assuming even a  'lesser' Wade signs) is as good or even better than  a Lebron led Cleveland. as they only have Lebron, and overrated one dmensional PG, and rookie center with super high expecations. The rest of the team is crap.  And, a crap owner, horrible GM,  a wannabe coach, and disgusting piece of crap selfish, whiny, pathetic, ignorant fanbase that Lebron seems  brainwashed into thinking they love him. They don't.   They only love the fact that he *might* win a championship for them and at least brings some credibility to the franchise. I mean, one thing for sure. They won't be getting the #1 pick next season. L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Re: Love.

All these rumors about Cleveland willing to part with Ender Wiggin or Golden State with Klay Thompson are probably leaked Flip Saunders himself.

There is absolutely no reason why either Cleveland or Golden State would reveal their hand unless a deal was already in place. Flip has very little leverage here.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Rumors or not, The Cavs absolutely should deal Wiggins if that's what it takes to get Love.  Even if Wiggins achieves his full potential, it will take several years for him to get there.  LeBron is 29, he'll turn 30 before this year is over.  Most basketball players' primes go from about 25 or 26 to about 31, maybe 32, if they manage to stay healthy.  There are obviously exceptions and LeBron is a freak of nature, but even so, you can't reasonably expect his prime to extend past 34.  Kobe extended his prime beyond how long most mere mortals could, but we all saw how his body has broken down the last couple years.  I don't think LeBron wants to wait 3 or 4 years for Wiggins to mature to start winning championships again, he wants to win right now.  Could the Cavs win this year with Wiggins and without Love?  Sure, but they wouldn't be favorites.  With Love they become one of the favorites, if not THE favorite, for the title next season.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 4 weeks later...