Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

D'Atoni is a horrible coach. Overrated punk who is too busy trahsing his players than taking responsiblity for being not as good as people claim he is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

D'Antoni is not in the same level as Pop or Rick Carlisle as far as current coaches go, but he is one of the very few who actually innovates and have others copy from. Probably the most forward thinking offensive mind since Don Nelson at the NBA level.

That said, he didn't really concern himself too much with defense. I'll take him as an offensive coordinator any day.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yeah, the Lakers roster is in shambles.  Unless they can magically draw some big free agents over I don't see how that team can compete.  Kobe is in the twilight of his career, Pau has dropped off a cliff the last couple seasons, and they have a bunch of nothing besides that.  Kobe's big contract will make it that much harder to get any other big name to come in.  Seriously, outside of LA being a sweet place to live, why would any big name free agent want to go there?  To play with the ghost of Kobe?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nah. Game is over. And, Heat's reign may be over. With that kind of shooting  it is oo and now the Heat can't seem to shoot in this one. 3-1 deficit.Gonna be near impossible to come back from that versus a team like SA.

• Like 1

I doubt a comeback will happen. A little better defensively but still not matching the Spurs intensity. I picked the Spurs in 6 and it looks like that'll happen. I expected way more from the Heat, though. Especially LeBron.

Lebron has done well. he's not at fault. the overrated cripple 2nd in command is at fault. Problem with the heat is they are a 2 player team. Wade is such a joke. He should retire.

"Plenty of time and only a 13 point game.  Let's not call this one over with 20 minutes left."

It's over. they were down by 19 at the half. No way do they outscore SA by 19+ in 2nd half.

They made a 'comeback' in G3 in 3rd quarter (got it down to 7). It is meaningless garbage.

Edited by Volourn

Okay, I take it back.  This game is over.  No way the Heat can come back from 24 down after 3.  LeBron has been really good in the second half, problem is that the rest of the Miami Heat have failed to show up.  I'm not going to declare the series over, but obviously the Heat's chances are very slim.  Beating the Spurs 3 times in a row is a ridiculously steep hill to climb.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, that was a thorough ass whoopin'.  Again.   The Spurs are playing some spectacularly good basketball.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm no fan of the Heat but you have to admit, appearing in for straight finals and winning two of them is nothing to be ashamed of.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm no fan of the Heat but you have to admit, appearing in for straight finals and winning two of them is nothing to be ashamed of.

Definitely a great franchise and a great run even if they don't recover to win this year.  What the Heat have done over the last 4 years is nothing short of amazing.  I may not like them, but they have been great, there is no denying that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

They are evil and must be stopped at all costs. Pat Riley's machinations must needs be thwarted at all fronts.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Spurs are pouring it on and the Heat have no answer.  Miami's reign as champions is coming to an end tonight.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Nah. It's the SA show.  Easy to win when it's 5 on 1. L0L Now.. whose gonna win MVP? Lebron is clearly the best/most valuable player in the Finals but no player whose team only wins one game is gonna get MVP so which Spur will get it? That's toughie. There's definitely 3 or 4 decent picks but this has been clearly a team win.

Nah. It's the SA show.  Easy to win when it's 5 on 1. L0L Now.. whose gonna win MVP? Lebron is clearly the best/most valuable player in the Finals but no player whose team only wins one game is gonna get MVP so which Spur will get it? That's toughie. There's definitely 3 or 4 decent picks but this has been clearly a team win.

That's exactly what it is.  LeBron is the best player in this series, no disputing that, but the team around him isn't up to the task.  The Spurs are simply a better team than the Heat, they don't have the best player, but they have a better overall team and they have played better as a unit.  As for Finals MVP, no chance LeBron gets it, they never give it to someone on the losing side (has that ever happened?).  As you wrote, it's a team win, but since one guy has to get singled out, I'd pick Kawhi Leonard.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So where do the Heat go from here?  LeBron and Bosh are still in their prime, but their bench got exposed something firece during this series.  Shane Battier is gone.  What do Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen have left in the tank?  I know the rumors of them going after Melo, but even if they all take a paycut and restructure their contracts to make room for Melo, adding his contract would make it that much harder to add depth to the bench, which is something they really need.  It will be interesting to see what happens during the offseason.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸