Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

I wasn't trying to bash them, Volo, I was pointing out that they haven't played well for an entire game this series, which is fine, since they haven't had to.  They're doing enough to win, that's the bottom line.  They've played well, even exceptionally well, in spurts.  But they've also had stretches in all the games, game 4 included, where they've looked less than stellar.  They don't need to bring their A game for an entire 48 minutes to beat Indiana.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"wasn't trying to bash them, Volo, I was pointing out that they haven't played well for an entire game this series, which is fine, since they haven't had to.  They're doing enough to win, that's the bottom line.  They've played well, even exceptionally well, in spurts.  But they've also had stretches in all the games, game 4 included, where they've looked less than stellar.  They don't need to bring their A game for an entire 48 minutes to beat Indiana. "

I have NEVER seen a NBA game where one team what has been at its best for a full 48 minutes. Not even the four blowouts in the West Finals. It is ridiculous to think that such a thing is actually possible.

\But, hey, keep thinking the Heat suck and keep bashing them.

then again, you are one of the fools who believed that Indy was a 'better' than Miami and they would beat them no contest. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

then again, you are one of the fools who believed that Indy was a 'better' than Miami and they would beat them no contest. LMAO

I have always said Miami was the favorite to repeat as champs.  Even early in the season when I had Indy as #1 in the power rankings I noted that Miami was still the favorite to repeat as champions.  But, by all means, show me the quote where I wrote that "Indy would beat Miami no contest".  I'll save you the trouble, you can't because I never wrote that.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Look at that. Trying to pretend you think they are favorites by claiming they 'are the team to beat' yet continually bashing them nontheless.

L0L

Look at that, trying to put words in my mouth when you know you have nothing but empty lies to work with.

LOL

It's pretty sad because I know you can troll better than that, Volo.  It's like you're not even trying any more.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

League wanting game 6, L0L

Btw, despite his awful shooting and limited playing, James was still a 'positive'. Still, greatjob by George and terrific 3rd quarter by Pacers.

I guess, whining about referring DOES work despite the league stealing money over it. LMAO

You gotta figure Miami will close this out in game 6 at home.  LeBron played only half the game, Paul George went BALLISTIC in the 4th quarter and the Pacers still only barely won game 5.

Should be a fun game in San Antonio tonight.  I'm sure Pop has made adjustments and the Thunder won't have the home court tonight, like they did in games 3 & 4, but will that be enough for the Spurs to overcome OKC's athleticism edge?  I still think Scotty Brooks is playing Perk entirely too many minutes, but at least Steven Adams is getting more minutes than Perk now.  I get the whole toughness thing about Perk, but the Thunder's edge vs. San Antonio is athleticism and length, Perkins exhibits neither of those qualities.  Perk isn't a particularly tall center and he plays shorter than his height, plus, he runs like he's waist deep in water.  Steven Adams is raw, but he's taller and much faster and more athletic than Perk.  I'll give Scotty Brooks credit for not playing Sefolosha the last few games and playing Perk less.  I wish he'd take it further.  When the Thunder have Durant, Westbrook, Jackson, Ibaka, and Adams all playing at the same time they are terrorizing the Spurs via sheer athleticism.  Pop will have to pull out some coaching magic to beat that lineup, or find ways to get OKC to not be able to play that lineup much, because San Antonio simply does not have the personnel to match OKC athletically when those 5 guys are out on the court together.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Clippers to go to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.

Meanwhile medical researchers are documenting a sudden epidemic in acute sialorrhea (otherwise known as incessant drooling) amongst a small subset of the American population that coincidently includes those who own NBA franchises.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Clippers will be renamed The Vistas and you won't see them next year because they're going to be several years late.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Spurs take Game Five 117-89. Looks to me like Pop made all the necessary adjustments.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"because San Antonio simply does not have the personnel to match OKC athletically when those 5 guys are out on the court together."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Spurs take Game Five 117-89. Looks to me like Pop made all the necessary adjustments."

No, no he didn't.  The Spurs players just made their shots. Plus, the NBA is notorious for making sure home teams have huge advantages, Nothing else expalins why this series despite going 6 or 7 games has basically been blowout after blowout. Absolutely ridiculous.

Spurs played smaller and spread the floor, forcing Ibaka out of the paint for good portions of the game. Because of this spacing, they were also better able to use HORNS and especially Elevator Doors to get their shooters open threes.

Their smaller lineup also sped the pace of the game, thereby favoring the Spurs.

San Antonio also used a shorter 7-man rotation until the 4th quarter when the deficit approached blowout levels. Adjustments.

Edited by Leferd

Nope. They just played better. Nice try in making excuses.  People are so predictable. Spurs win first 2 games and the claim is OKC has no chance. OKC wins next two and then suddenly SA has no chance. Now, SA wins and now OKC is outmatched. predictable. Dumb. Flip flopping. Ridiculous.

Welcome to Magical Volo's world! Where stuff just happens in a vacuum!

Here's a little breakdown for you, free-gratis:

San Antonio was able to have their way on OKC in games one and two because Ibaka was able to deny the paint. San Antonio relies on penetration by their small and wings (i.e. Parker and Ginobili) to score or drive and kick.

They also use their outstanding perimeter ball movement to force the defense to make constant rotations with the goal if exploiting a missed assignment to get easy buckets. Ibaka though, is such a freak athlete they he's able to recover fast enough as a help defender and as shot blocking threat that he was able to effectively shut down anything in the paint.

Through some magical healing potion from The Congo, Ibaka came back and was unexpectedly super effective doing what he normally does on the defensive end and disrupted the Spurs offense.

For game five, Pop took out Splitter and gave his minutes to Bonner and Diaw who, because of their outside shooting prowess, were able to spread the floor as Stretch 4's and 5's, forcing Ibaka away from the paint, thereby creating space and neutralizing Ibaka's paint presence.

It's not as simple as the home team always wins or because one team makes their shots or not.

Good coaches make adjustments to put their players in a position that maximizes their advantages, while trying to minimize the impact of their opponents' key players.

Now, unless Scotty Brooks is able to counter Pop's adjustments, OKC is doomed. Best bet is to have Derek Fisher blow in Matt Bonnet's ear, forcing a scrum and ejections, thereby forcing more minutes for Splitter and Baynes.

• Like 1

Now, unless Scotty Brooks is able to counter Pop's adjustments, OKC is doomed. Best bet is to have Derek Fisher blow in Matt Bonnet's ear, forcing a scrum and ejections, thereby forcing more minutes for Splitter and Baynes.

He doesn't.

This is the game I've been waiting to see from the Heat, the game they put it all together.  Firing on all cylinders and just straight steamrolling the Pacers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So, can all the yahoos who claimed before that Indiana was \'built' to beat Miami in a best of 7 series when they have home court advantage admit they were simply wrong? indy is a joke franchise with joke players (most of 'em anyways). The fact they were allowed to be in a Final Four with 3 true top teams is emabrassing - much like Montrsal in NHL. L0LZ