Movies you've seen recently

Tale

New trailer for the last Hobbit movie.

As someone who enjoyed the first two... this one looks so boring.

The trailer does lack the emotional impact of "can you promise I will come back?"

Only thing I dislike about the other two is the drawn out action sequences. This one features a war, so I'm a bit worried. But I don't think it'll make me hate the entire thing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can't get more awesome than nazis riding dinosaurs.

Apparently they're Nazi lizard people riding dinosaurs. So that may just be more awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

watched Open Windows today. it's a pretty fun cyberpunk(y) thriller, which unfortunately falls apart in the third act. it also has terribad acting (save for Elijah Wood, he's good, as usual). I still don't understand why it was necessary to cast Sasha Grey when any young actress could've done her part a lot better 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Went to see The Drop this evening, can highly recommend it. Not a spectacle movie by a long shot obviously, but a very atmospheric, slow (in a good way) crime movie, with great acting from all involved.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Interstellar

9/10

So its really so good? I was afraid of too much melodrama and political messages but maybe I will reconsider trip to cinema then..

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Fun action flick.

Silver Linings Playbook

Very good. Im not sure what I was expecting but a must see, imo.

Somehow these are the first movies Ive ever seen Jennifer Lawrence in. In other news, I have decided to allow her to bear my love children.

Interstellar

9/10

So its really so good? I was afraid of too much melodrama and political messages but maybe I will reconsider trip to cinema then..

I saw it too, loved it. It's trying to be a new 2001: A Space Odyssey. And in some ways it did more than succeed, good ways.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Big Hero 6 - which I enjoyed a lot.

Want to see Interstellar, not sure I'm in the mindset for ~3hours of it atm though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Saw Interstellar, all I can say is 'shock and awe'.

I've heard it's like what a Kubrick Fantastic Four would be. Is that accurate?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Saw Interstellar, all I can say is 'shock and awe'.

I've heard it's like what a Kubrick Fantastic Four would be. Is that accurate?

No. It's really not comparable to 2001 other than they are both movies set in space. The plot, ambiance, characters, pretty much everything is different. It is it's own movie. Comparing the two is like comparing 'Django Unchained' and 'The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly'.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1