What are you playing now

Finally got around to trying the original Dark Souls.  Too early into my playthrough to decide how I feel about it.

I probably chose the wrong starting class.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Shame... I don't want to buy a controller just for one game nor play a skill based game like that with a highly inferior (in my hands) control device. I don't think I've played with a controller since Playstation 1.

Just entered Brightsone Cove Tseldora. There's a depressing amount of bloodstains on the cliffside with the painfully obvious boulder traps.

I swear, people just throw themselves intentionally off of every cliff they come across.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well I haven't hit anything major so far (a couple of quests didn't update until I reloaded a save being the extent so far)

That is pretty much the extend of bugs in the game right now. You should be fine. And the broken quests should only be trivial side quests.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just entered Brightsone Cove Tseldora. There's a depressing amount of bloodstains on the cliffside with the painfully obvious boulder traps.

I swear, people just throw themselves intentionally off of every cliff they come across.

I hopped into the game as soon as the game unlocked. Approached the giant gaping pit in Majula and you'd think that place was like a fire to the moths.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Tried playing some Alpha Centauri.. First game, things are going ok - hmm Believers steam roll Spartans.. Ah crap, then me. Next game, Believers start next to me *groan*, she gets a Ogre in a pod and takes me out in turn 6.. 3rd game, takes me out in turn 7..

Yeah.. I'll just play something else then..

Fortune favors the bald.

bought KOTOR 2, where do I get the restoration mod?  :dancing:

also, I hate how CoD: Ghosts' icon looks very similar to KOTOR's icon in Steam  :banghead:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I officially suck at anything action-related.  I keep getting killed early on in Dark Souls.  I'm barely out of the tutorial and already my guy keeps getting hacked to death by undead skeletons.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I officially suck at anything action-related.  I keep getting killed early on in Dark Souls.  I'm barely out of the tutorial and already my guy keeps getting hacked to death by undead skeletons.

If you just started, those guys have way too much health to effectively fight yet. Go up the mountain side path instead and you should find it much more possible, (that was the first place I started going as well, and it's really just not a good way to go as a beginner).

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just finished replaying Half-Life 2 for the first time in several years.  I was really struck by how a 10 year old game makes better use of physics than any FPS I've played since.   I think its a glaring omission in game development.  Just reinstalled HL2: Episode 1.  I beat it at release, and haven't touched it since so it'll pretty much be like new.

Finally got around to trying the original Dark Souls.  Too early into my playthrough to decide how I feel about it.

I probably chose the wrong starting class.

There is no wrong starting class.

I hopped into the game as soon as the game unlocked. Approached the giant gaping pit in Majula and you'd think that place was like a fire to the moths.

But it's not the boulder traps that are killing them. It's the peasants that hit like trucks.  :grin:

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I just finished replaying Half-Life 2 for the first time in several years.  I was really struck by how a 10 year old game makes better use of physics than any FPS I've played since.   I think its a glaring omission in game development.  Just reinstalled HL2: Episode 1.  I beat it at release, and haven't touched it since so it'll pretty much be like new.

Play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic if you want more physics fun times. :p

I'm loading it now for the first time ever. Kind of excited. 

All Stop. On Screen.

There are non undead skeletons?

Yes, most are located in graveyards, approximately 6 feet underground, though people have been known to put them under their decks or porches, or even in their homes, presumably hidden in their closet.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You know, I've almost played this so many times and never got around to it.  I'm going to buy it next time its on sale now, thanks for the recommendation. 

• Like 1

You know, I've almost played this so many times and never got around to it.  I'm going to buy it next time its on sale now, thanks for the recommendation. 

The fighting mechanics are a lot of fun...once you get used to them. I quit several times (for a few days each) because I had so much trouble with them. But you should end up having fun if you stick with it. The biggest problem I had with the game was the plot...and...the..."romance" options. You're forced into a romance. It's really bad. I quit about 2/3rds the way through because I just could not stomach it anymore. :p

Did anyone else notice the release of the major Stalker mod, Lost Alpha? I didn't notice, and of course it would be released the week I send in my GPU for RMA. Typical, really. Waiting for it for years and it's released on the very week I can't play it at all for technical reasons...:p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I heard about the Lost Alpha being released (somewhat prematurely), but I'm burnt out on Stalker after playing the really-not-recommended Misery 2.0 mod.

Would gladly read someone else's opinion about it though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Misery sucks...Oh you meant Lost Alpha. Nah I too was burnt after playing 1 hour of Misery; true to its name though.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't know what your problem is, Xana is awesome. :p

Eugh. I thought it was pretty bad in the very beginning of the game, when it hadn't even really started yet, but I figured the game would cool down on the whole thing. Nope. It just got worse and worse and completely spiraled out of control. I'm not really sure what the developers were thinking. Nothing within my realm of thought, that's for sure, lol

@Lost Alpha: I'm really, really hoping it'll be good. Just looking at the game map from the PDF manual is making me excited. :p Alas, I have to wait until my/a GPU comes back to really play it properly... :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

I heard about the Lost Alpha being released (somewhat prematurely), but I'm burnt out on Stalker after playing the really-not-recommended Misery 2.0 mod.

Would gladly read someone else's opinion about it though.

I'm going to give it at least a month or two.  Supposedly it's still quite buggy.  Plus, I need to finish up my CoP playthrough first.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

Yeah, it does seem to be ridden with bugs and is prone to crash often, which was to be expected really.

Luckily both the official and unofficial people are hard at work fixing things, so hopefully it wont take too long until it's at the state they were planning to release it.