RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Outlast is 66% off at GOG.

It's a horror-adventure-exploration game, and the reviews are pretty good.

It's quite good. I've only got one real issue with it: It's rather gory and event heavy. Not inherently a bad thing, but it's like that from the very beginning so when you get to the end you've kindof gotten used to it so the climax isn't that great.

Turns out Outlast was on sale because they just released a DLC campaign called Whistleblower. It's lovely - the setting is now familiar so they make up for it with an extra helping of disturbing characters, body horror and chase sequences.

• Like 1

Most gamers don't know what a crash would entail. They think it would be something benign like what you propose.

Who said it was benign ? Viewing that way is just being cold to people losing their jobs, but it is the source of the view that almost horrified you so much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Stomping Land comes out through Steam early access end of the month. Now I've had bad experiences with early access, but survival/crafting type game with low level technology and the ability to hunt and ride dinosaurs? This game is literally my dream game.

Well I'm definitely playing this, even though the player character is voiced by Brynjolf from Skyrim. 17,651 times down in the Thieves Guild, did I hear "Not now lad, I've got important things to dew." At least the actor leveled out his accent for this Bound by Flame deal. 

First 15 minutes of BbF on PS4. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GdUbl0YbSA

One character sounds almost exactly like Claudia Black, but I doubt the dev had the budget to hire her.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"I've said this before and I'll say it again "white, straight males don't need a safe place. Everywhere is our safe place "

If you watched Die Hard 3, you wouldn't believe that fallacy.

\Why do you hate white men so much? Show me where the white man touched your body.

• Like 4

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest Slinky

Hehe. Palin will do just fine. Her weapons will be huge barrels of tea and incredible howlers.

And her uncanny knowledge about everything as her superweapon for the tight spots no doubt.

Funny enough -- The female protagonist in the burly white dude simulator, Bound by Flame, is also voiced by a Skyrim voice actor.

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 1

What will come first for GloriousLeader, the nude mod or Ron Paul mod?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

These guys, droll rollin' paragraph skillz.

The Wii U is the ultimate argument for Nintendo's decline as a hardware maker. The system's embarrassing monster of a controller has a 6-inch LCD, a touchscreen, motion controls, 15 buttons, a D pad, two analog sticks, a stylus, stereo speakers, an infrared port, a webcam, a microphone, a headphone jack, a volume slider, a charging port, a rumble pack, and—in case they missed anything—an accessory port. This isn't a cohesive vision of the future of gaming that will improve Nintendo's games.

So, Nintendo, the first thing you can do to win those third parties back is to get it together and make some modern hardware (and a modern online infrastructure wouldn't hurt, while you're sprucing things up). Keep the controllers you need to make your own first-party games special, while making it easier for other developers to boost your library's numbers. You might have to take a loss on that fancy new hardware for a while, but hey, you're already losing a bunch of money. At least this could give you something to show for it.

How We'd Save Nintendo

All Stop. On Screen.

Yup, well rolled into one.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-13-bound-by-flame-review

Bound by flame has just received a terrible review  by Eurogamer, its put me right off the game. And there are issues in the game around sexism which just makes it worse

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So now you can't even have whores in your game else you get hit with the misogyny hammer.

• Like 6