Easter

Sarex

We do egg battles too, just like Keyrock describes them! :)

Btw, Happy Easter peeps! :w00t:  :yes:  :w00t:

Heh, we go head on head and butt on butt, we like to use the whole egg. :)

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Christians, Nazis, and stoners all celebrating Sunday. Now if only gas prices would take a similar break from reality ... frickin' $4.40 a gallon for regular.   

You need to understand, gas prices are never coming down! They are going to stick with it until hydrogen cells replace gas.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If he moved out of California S.S.R. the price would go down. Cali has had the most expensive gas in the nation for close to 20 years or more now, due to their retardo laws and taxes.

Edited by Valsuelm

The religious aspect of Easter is, at best, iffy, considering, like so many religious holidays, it was adapted from a pagan fastival.

Yea.. because the word 'pagan' means the festival wasn't religious....

Point taken, but what I meant is that christians adapted a festival dedicated to Cybele into a holiday dedicated to the resurrection of Jesus.  It's always been religious, but it originally served a completely different purpose than it does now.  Christians repurposed a festival to a completely different goddess into a holiday for their lord and saviour because the time frame sort of coincided and there was conflict between the pagan worshippers and the christians in christianity's early years, so while the christians initially tried to abolish the festival they adapted it to their own purpose as a compromise.

Can't say I've heard that specific one (Cybele) before, bit I've heard others ,and the tying of Christian holidays to pagan holidays is nothing new. In some instances, there's some credibility to it, in others not really. It's done too often in a half baked attack on Christianity in attempt to de-legitimize it as a religion. Those with a chip on their shoulder against religions often eat up this stuff voraciously. But it's generally really doesn't mean all that much even when it's true, though often what's said is really just made up garbage.

Whether or not Easter was set to coincide with celebrations of Cybele or not to help win over some Cybelites (very doubtful, considering she was a relatively minor God worshiped in a relatively small area, and of questionable popularity at the time Christianity emerged) really has nothing to do with Easter itself as a religious holiday. Did the Church at times attempt to replace already existing holidays with their own? No doubt. They would have had to in some instances, especially considering that at the time Christianity came on the scene there weren't too many if any days of the year not dedicated to the celebration of one or another of the many deities in the Roman pantheon or in the pantheon on the various folks that encompassed the world at the time. The spring equinox was of course important to a great many people, pagans or not (it's important to a great many people today, pagan or not, and with good reason). Easter is about resurrection, so in a way is the spring equinox for many. It certainly would make sense to tie the two celebrations together in some way. Trying to say that doing so somehow de-legitimizes the Christian holiday is a very very weak argument.

Egg hunt for the little Nonek's in the morning, tolerate the sugar rush intil lunch, the usual feast to Eostre and then in the evening try to persuade Mrs Nonek that springs fertility needs a little helping hand from the beast with two backs.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Woot!  I won our family wide egg battle with my pink egg.  You don't mess with the pink egg.

Happy Easter everybody!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I strolled up to and looked at a church.

Close enough.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woot!  I won our family wide egg battle with my pink egg.  You don't mess with the pink egg.

Happy Easter everybody!

We knew you were a true gamer, and now this! :bow:

Happy Easter!! :D

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Happy Easter everybody!

Got up on the wrong side of the bed today, didn't get sleep pissed off my folks, and got crushed in the only egg battle I had. Swell day, my own fault entirely, but still a swell day.

And this is my birthday this year.

Happy Birthday, may your eggs crush all your enemies.(sound's much better in Serbian :/ (balls=eggs here))

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP