Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

If this is what Gaider is basing his romance off. It's doomed to fail. 

Not what he said in the slightest.

Despite, he has professed his like of Twilight and regards it as a great work (which is fine) but it does cast some doubt on his taste as a writer. But I always say everyone gets to have one, a particular thing that they like that's of low quality. If he started it comparing it to Shakespeare I would be more nervous though...although Shakespeare really was just the Michael Bay of his time.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not really gonna argue why I found the romance in Her to be good, since it seems to fall on deaf ears -- Besides, I'm aware that not everybody is enthusiastic about it. Reagardless, I'll sum up what I thought was relevant about it since people can't seem to stop banging on about it -- if a discussion is warranted then I'll be happy to oblige in the movie thread btw. Perhaps authentic wouldn't necessarily apply to that particular Spike Jonze flick, as much it probably would to a film like La vie d'Adele -- Note, that I mentioned other examples, where the term itself becomes quaint. What Her does is put relationships into perspective, like which ones are more important, and it argues this through discussion of whether emotional gratification can be achieved without physical consummation? The sex is literally transcendent. It raises the question: Do we even need our bodies? Or is it all in our brains? The relationship is real enough to make us ask what a relationship is and whether the coming so-called singularity — when artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence while humans’ minds will be broadened by machines — will change the way we relate (or don’t) to one another. The film itself is an admission of that obliviousness and a lament for it.

What is the connection of it to the whole Gaider thing though? Well to me it lampshades the whole fad on dating virtual characters in a fictional universe. It's a a bang-on indictment ofhow so many of us use technology as a form of escape from our lives, while trying to convince ourselves it enhances it.

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 1

Despite, he has professed his like of Twilight and regards it as a great work (which is fine) but it does cast some doubt on his taste as a writer. But I always say everyone gets to have one, a particular thing that they like that's of low quality. If he started it comparing it to Shakespeare I would be more nervous though...although Shakespeare really was just the Michael Bay of his time.

But Orog he didn't say that about Twilight. He said it is an effective medium for telling a Romance story. This is very different from saying Twilight is a good work of literature

http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/58252412297/on-my-so-called-love-of-twilight

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Despite, he has professed his like of Twilight and regards it as a great work

Not what he said at all

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

But Orog he didn't say that about Twilight. He said it is an effective medium for telling a Romance story. This is very different from saying Twilight is a good work of literature

http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/58252412297/on-my-so-called-love-of-twilight

Not what he said at all

I stand corrected. I may have misremembered that post.
  • Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I hope there are still Elves left in the Dales to slaughter.

That's more than likely going to be the big area choice.

I hope there are still Elves left in the Dales to slaughter.

That's more than likely going to be the big area choice.

Choose red to kill elves, choose blue to save them. They might as well give us a spreadsheet of choices and just text responses, I'm so bored with binary choices that have no ramifications that they might as well come with an auto resolve button. The result will likely be the same.

village_idiot.gif

I mean, we basically - no, we did - have that choice two games in a row.

Might as well go for a Hat Trick.

Oh, and more images:

Another from the Dalish Highlands:

1947947_688105411238862_6282750985269129

And...

iy2mZWVp4EYUd.png

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 2

I mean, we basically - no, we did - have that choice two games in a row.

Might as well go for a Hat Trick.

Oh, and more images:

Another from the Dalish Highlands:

1947947_688105411238862_6282750985269129

And...

iy2mZWVp4EYUd.png

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the graphics look very good. I am really keen to see how Frostbite delivers the overall aesthetic experience

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually, while I'd have to see it in motion to make up my mind, it still looks like Bioware is playing catch-up with CDProjekt Red. And W2 is 3 years old now.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Actually, while I'd have to see it in motion to make up my mind, it still looks like Bioware is playing catch-up with CDProjekt Red. And W2 is 3 years old now.

Witcher 2 and Battlefield 3 looked very realistic. I think they've hit the point where a lot of the upgrades to the graphics aren't going to make a noticeable difference unless you're looking for it, certainly it was hard to notice much of an upgrade between BF3&4. It seems like at the moment rather than texture and lighting, graphics are more about animating cloth and hair physics as well as grass and trees and weather effects, which a lot of people can't run properly on their systems yet because those things require damn good graphics cards. The thing Inquisitor does seem to have over Witcher 2 atm is scale and scope, the environments look massive, but apparently so will Witcher 3's. I expect in a lot of ways Inquisitor and Witcher 3 are going to feel like they're cut from the same cloth. The only other thing I can think of is the way Frostbite 4 allows environments to radically change with building collapsing and areas flooding while the player is playing a level rather than having a cut-scene and switching maps. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 2

I was merely observing the differences. Graphical enhancements aren't obligatory... I think art design is more important and crucial to the appeal of a game's graphics. Just look at WoW.

I also think CDP can get more mileage out of their money because of cheaper labor... so I'm fairly certain W3 will look better than DA3, for what that's worth. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

CDP sucks. At graphics. At writing. At music. At C&C. At characters. At story. At RPG. At combat. At gameplay. At everything. Except b00bies. That's all they are good for.

Those screens look awesome. Espicially the snowy ones.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

CDP sucks. At graphics. At writing. At music. At C&C. At characters. At story. At RPG. At combat. At gameplay. At everything.

Is they suck at everything, does that mean they suck at sucking?

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands