Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

Personally, I would love to see Obsidian make a Fallout game(like NewVegas) set in the ruins of New York City. Would be worth it to see Deathclaws infesting Madison Square Garden.

there aren't any deathclaws on the East Coast, because there aren't any deserts there. every Fallout fan knows FO3 isn't canon 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

there aren't any deathclaws on the East Coast, because there aren't any deserts there. every Fallout fan knows FO3 isn't canon

Don't ruin my dream of blasting away Deathclaws in Madison Square garden! *cries*

Obviously a subtle hint that the next Fallout game is set in Australia.

I wonder what mutated Kangaroos and Koalas will be like.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why not? And the reality of your country's  natural landscape is like some nightmarish apocalyptic continent anyway....hellish deserts....poisonous and deadly creatures....weird and defensive sub-groups of people, so it would be very easy to identify with ... :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Only mutated?

tumblr_madlhpknlw1rfuzuto2_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

That's the first time I have read that blog and I think Gaider makes some excellent points and I agree with most of them

actually, from what I've read, romance in Twilight follows all the patterns of an abusive relationship. so, whoever uses it as a template for his writing is, probably, a major douchebag.

you really enjoy that kind of stuff? I'm beginning to see a pattern here  :cat:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Only mutated?

tumblr_madlhpknlw1rfuzuto2_1280.jpg

....I really wish they would work a giant Robo-roo into a Godzilla movie.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

'My ex made me take her to see Twilight. It was terrible. I'm surprised such a high budget film could feature such bad acting.

"Yeah, I liked David Gaider better when he was not a raging crudbasket.

Yes, a vast majority of BioFans are cartoonishly ridiculous, but he just goes over the line."

He doesn't go over the line at all. Why  you mad, bro, why you mad?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

am thinking dave did do himself a disservice by making that blog post.  we woulda' laughed at the situation, or made some kinda joke 'bout it all.  the thing is, in trying to explain away the criticisms, he seems to bolster them a bit. 

"Yes, I get it. It’s funnier to repeat that, how a writer for a major franchise known for its romances might have a burning love for the Twilight series. Especially to those who think the romances I write are juvenile, and how anyone who likes our romances is clearly either a fourteen-year old girl with moonpies for eyes or an emotionally-stunted guy who’s never had a relationship in his life."

ok, that's kinda funny.  

the problem we got is that dave then admits that he wrote the following:

"Well, I think Twilight is far more effective with its romantic elements than most people give it credit for. Granted, it has little else going for it— but the romance it does well. I find it a fascinating exercise to analyze exactly why that is."

*sigh*

dave has gotta be aware that the target audience o' the twilight series is,  "fourteen-year old girl(s) with moonpies for eyes or an emotionally-stunted guy who’s never had a relationship in his life." yes, am thinking we all agree that twilight has been enormously successful at selling romance. that is not a fact in question. however, dave's claims that twilight does an admirable job at crafting romance, and that he thinks the series is worth analyzing (presumably to improve his own romances) makes grownups shudder with revulsion... and it makes the trolls dance with glee. the only people who want you to take anything positive away from the twilight romances is the twilight target audience: teen-aged girls and pathetic cellar dwellers. dave, don't you see the damage you are doing to yourself?  please, step back and look at what you is saying. you gotta recognize that you is only giving the folks who dismiss your romance efforts more ammo with which to attack you.

romance is not universal. romance is culturally biased and travels only slightly better than comedy. also, romance ages. if we were a 14 year old girl, we would probable like the twilight movies better than the painted veil (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446755/). heck, am wondering if teenage girls even likes the somewhat more familiar melodrama o' atonement (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/). regardless, to hold up twilight as a model for romance is exactly what some folks is seeing as the problem with bio romance writers.  

dave, help us help you.

HA! Good Fun!

ps if the target audience for twilight romance were fourteen-year old boys it wouldn't make the romance any better... just shorter and more graphic.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"

dave has gotta be aware that the target audience o' the twilight series is,  "fourteen-year old girl(s) with moonpies for eyes or an emotionally-stunted guy who’s never had a relationship in his life." yes, am thinking we all agree that twilight has been enormously successful at selling romance. that is not a fact in question. however, dave's claims that twilight does an admirable job at crafting romance, and that he thinks the series is worth analyzing (presumably to improve his own romances) makes grownups shudder with revulsion... and it makes the trolls dance with glee. the only people who want you to take anything positive away from the twilight romances is the twilight target audience: teen-aged girls and pathetic cellar dwellers. dave, don't you see the damage you are doing to yourself?  please, step back and look at what you is saying. you gotta recognize that you is only giving the folks who dismiss your romance efforts more ammo with which to attack you.

romance is not universal. romance is culturally biased and travels only slightly better than comedy. also, romance ages. if we were a 14 year old girl, we would probable like the twilight movies better than the painted veil (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446755/). heck, am wondering if teenage girls even likes the somewhat more familiar melodrama o' atonement (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/). regardless, to hold up twilight as a model for romance is exactly what some folks is seeing as the problem with bio romance writers.  

No Gromnir you are mistaken on  several levels

Firstly you are doing exactly what Gaider talks about, you are dismissing the Twilight series and basically mocking the people who enjoy watching it. Do you think too many people are now going to say " yes I enjoyed Twilight " after your characterization of what constitutes Twilight fans? So basically you are drinking the "anti-Twilight kool aid "

But what concerns me the most is you are saying you don't like Twilight  but have you watched all movies in the series so you can engage in honest critical thinking about the good and bad ?

Finally of course the themes of Romance are universal, you don't need to be a 14 year teenage girl to want fall in love and find true happiness. The idea of Cinderella may be naïve and idealistic but that doesn't change the fact that human beings do aspire for happiness and the idea of love, romance and contentment.

Romance is something on a certain level that resonates with all of us if you are honest with yourself and you understand the definition.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

is nothing wrong with being dismissive of something. am not sure why you thinks it is bad to be dismissive of... crap. we sat through a couple o' the twilight films. it were physically painful, but we were told by a peer that we couldn't be fair less we experienced... and he were correct. so 2 movies an 1/3 o' a book were limit for us. crap.

watch all movies just to be critical?  HA! ridiculous. not even dave would demand that of us. what we experienced were more than satisfactory to make a judgement: insipid, puerile, juvenile. is not that twilight were a particular bad teen romance/melodrama. is fact that it was a very predictable teen-aged girl's romance. 

seriously, what is so complicated 'bout this? twilight is very successful with fourteen-year old girls. which makes sense as it were created to appeal to fourteen-year old girls. Gromnir is not a fourteen year-old girl.

and btw, to avoid confusion, we ain't dismissive of 14-year old girls. we is dismissive of twilight. is a difference. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

is nothing wrong with being dismissive of something. am not sure why you thinks it is bad to be dismissive of... crap. we sat through a couple o' the twilight films. it were physically painful, but we were told by a peer that we couldn't be fair less we experienced... and he were correct. so 2 movies an 1/3 o' a book were limit for us. crap.

watch all movies just to be critical?  HA! ridiculous. not even dave would demand that of us. what we experienced were more than satisfactory to make a judgement: insipid, puerile, juvenile. is not that twilight were a particular bad teen romance/melodrama. is fact that it was a very predictable teen-aged girl's romance. 

seriously, what is so complicated 'bout this? twilight is very successful with fourteen-year old girls. which makes sense as it were created to appeal to fourteen-year old girls. Gromnir is not a fourteen year-old girl.

HA! Good Fun!

That's very interesting, so you admit you haven't watched all the Twilight movies but you believe you can offer an informed opinion around the good and bad of this cult series ? Do you honestly think that this type of analysis would be considered acceptable and valid  in RL around any other topic or subject that requires critical thinking?

I'll leave it at that and you let  ponder my words :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

HA! Good Fun!

That's very interesting, so you admit you haven't watched all the Twilight movies but you believe you can offer an informed opinion around the good and bad of this cult series ? Do you honestly think that this type of analysis would be considered acceptable and valid  in RL around any other topic or subject that requires critical thinking?

yes. is valid. how many episodes o' breaking bad were there? assume for a moment that we claimed to hate breaking bad. any jackarse that made claim that we should watch all five freaking seasons before making a judgment is nuts, stupid or just obtuse. am recalling that we walked out of a nicolas cage and tommy lee jones movie. how bad could it be with tommy lee jones and nicolas cage? were called firebirds and it were kinda a top gun knockoff... but cage was playing campy and everybody else were straight. 45 minutes were our limit, and no humane person woulda' demanded that we spend another minute watching before we justifiably dismissed firebirds as complete ****. we can go on if you wish. wheel of time books? how many of those were there? a dozen or so, right? each were 400-500 pages. no f-ing way. 

guess what, no novelist we know would demand that you read 24 chapters o' crap if the first 12 were horrible. we got some experience with this. is artists job to make appealing and not to make you endure. 

we is fair. not nice, but we is fair.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we liked breaking bad

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

The only reason the argument of "You must have finished the whole thing to have a valid opinion" is ever made is so that, whatever the response, the followup argument of "you went through the whole thing, so you must have liked something about it" can be made. :p

• Like 6

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The only reason the argument of "You must have finished the whole thing to have a valid opinion" is ever made is so that, whatever the response, the followup argument of "you went through the whole thing, so you must have liked something about it" can be made. :p

You right I could have said that and attempted to catch Gromnir out with that logic. But that isn't my intention.

I was just raising the consideration with Gromnir that maybe he is doing exactly what Gaider is suggesting. He is disliking Twilight because " everyone" tells him its a puerile series. He is not practicing critical thinking but being more of a sheep. Also I don't think it is fair to suggest that anyone outside of being a 14 year old female teenager that enjoyed Twilight is a troglodyte that lives in a cellar.

Especially if you haven't watched the entire series, this goes towards a persons credibility on a topic

John Milton 

HA! Good Fun!

yes. is valid. how many episodes o' breaking bad were there? assume for a moment that we claimed to hate breaking bad. any jackarse that made claim that we should watch all five freaking seasons before making a judgment is nuts, stupid or just obtuse. am recalling that we walked out of a nicolas cage and tommy lee jones movie. how bad could it be with tommy lee jones and nicolas cage? were called firebirds and it were kinda a top gun knockoff... but cage was playing campy and everybody else were straight. 45 minutes were our limit, and no humane person woulda' demanded that we spend another minute watching before we justifiably dismissed firebirds as complete ****. we can go on if you wish. wheel of time books? how many of those were there? a dozen or so, right? each were 400-500 pages. no f-ing way. 

guess what, no novelist we know would demand that you read 24 chapters o' crap if the first 12 were horrible. we got some experience with this. is artists job to make appealing and not to make you endure. 

we is fair. not nice, but we is fair.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we liked breaking bad

Fair enough, I agree about a long and excellent  TV series like Breaking Bad. But I don't think its a fair and reasonable analogy to compare someone sitting through the entire Breaking Bad series just to confirm they don't like to someone watching the 5 Twilight movies in order to give objective analysis?

John Milton 

Especially if you haven't watched the entire series, this goes towards a persons credibility on a topic

You do realise that Gaider also couldn't force himself to read all the books or watch all the movies? He said so in his blog. Didn't you read all of it?

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.