Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

Hey, I disliked TW2's locked content story branching mechanic, but I wouldn't say that was not a risk.

Wait what? You hate C&C?

I have issues with the TW games(manly characters/setting/TW1 gameplay), but their use of C&C is not one of them. They do C&C the right and interesting way.

And while I probably won't get TW3, I'll get Cyberpunk day one, if it ever sees the light of day.

• Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Hey, I disliked TW2's locked content story branching mechanic, but I wouldn't say that was not a risk.

Wait what? You hate C&C?

Nice strawman.

Not really, the only reason to dislike locked/story branching content is because you don't like consequences for you choices. Therefore you dislike C&C.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I've never got why "twitch gameplay" is supposed to be bad.

Because RPG are for nerd that like math and fantasy and have no hand-eye coordination or physical skills, just give them numbers to crunch and let them believe they're special.

Jesus; now I made myself sad for liking RPGs, it's like I suddenly realized i'm on the back of the special bus.

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I actually agree with Volo, CDP does suck. for a company with so much money whey sure don't like to take risks when it comes to video games. it must've taken someone with huge balls to sign off on a game OTHER THAN the Witcher. they're pathetic, and I'm never buying anything from them after that fiasco the first Witcher game was

I didn't know this was the blasphemous opinions thread, I hope that includes any GOG games.

Considering that they are sinking millions of dollars on the development of a PC game (arguably not a wide market) I understand why they're being cautious.

BTW you must really think Bethesda sucks, after all they only have made that one game series and that one other game that's like that one game series.

Or we can all agree that you just didn't like the Witcher and refrain from grandiose statements on the note of: "Everything Sucks, Wahh!"

I was under the impression twitcher 3 has been confirmed for ps4/xbone as well, or do those suddenly fall under the umbrella of PC, as well?

The first two were released for the PC and later ported to consoles, if history is to be repeated The Witcher 3 will come first to PCs and it will be later ported.
I know. That doesn't make it a "PC game", apart from the some more desperately deluded members of the "PC master race" that CDPR admittedly is very good at playing.

Edit: well, apart from 1, which is still PC exclusive.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wait what? You hate C&C?

Nice strawman.

Not really, the only reason to dislike locked/story branching content is because you don't like consequences for you choices. Therefore you dislike C&C.

You, sir or madam, are a friggin' laugh riot. I mean, dear lordy. Yeah, that must be the reason I thought locking content for a player thereby literally forcing them to replay the game to see the full story is bad. It must be because I hate innovation in games.

Give me a break, kid.

Because RPG are for nerd that like math and fantasy and have no hand-eye coordination or physical skills, just give them numbers to crunch and let them believe they're special.

Jesus; now I made myself sad for liking RPGs, it's like I suddenly realized i'm on the back of the special bus.

You forgot "the inventory needs to be tedious".

• Like 1

Yeah, that must be the reason I thought locking content for a player thereby literally forcing them to replay the game to see the full story is bad.

Your complaining that your choices matter and branch the story in different directions, forcing you to replay the game and see the different outcomes(the full story).

Yet this isn't disliking C&C? That is one of the main purposes of C&C, replayability.

It must be because I hate innovation in games.

C&C isn't innovation, it's been done for years in games.

Give me a break, kid.

No gramps.

• Like 2
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Yeah, that must be the reason I thought locking content for a player thereby literally forcing them to replay the game to see the full story is bad.

Your complaining that your choices matter 

Keep up with the strawmen. Please.

"By the same token, just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it's just flat out garbage. People like what they like, and nothing you say will change that. "

No, duh. I like plenty of popular stuff. That isn't the point I made though. The point is I don't base what I like on what others do.My opinion is my own.

"Basically what I'm saying is, Your opinion is insignificant and unneeded. Especially in a thread that's not even about CDProject or the Witcher series."

\

L0LL0L0L0L

I'm not the one who brought up Twitcher, right? Someone else did so I responded. Don't be so butthurt. I doubt you'd care if I was praising Twitcher. My opinion is as significant and needed as every other opinion in this thread so look into the mirror.

Also, i apologize for hurting your boyfriend. My bad, Witcher, my bad.

Volo I've mentioned this to you before but the main issue some people have with your comments is that at times you make controversial but short, or monosyllable, posts  and then don't engage in debate around what you think. But I have noticed a real effort on your part lately to explain what you mean. So keep up the more informative explanations :thumbsup:

I know you don't like being referred to as a Troll ( who does I know it annoys me when people say I'm a troll  :) ) and your opinion is valid even if people don't agree. But you will get more people  taking you seriously if you continue to engage in proper debating etiquette

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is to say nothing of how CDP portrays romance in their games.

In all fairness, though, I don't really see how it's any more toxic than the Bioware-ian variety.

It's basically the same. 

Yeah. Besides the only reason why combat is expressed in stats is because you can't do it any other way in PnP, unlike games which can offer a direct and more exciting experience (which is also abstracted, clicking your mouse isn't exactly representative of real world sword play).

I don't care about either these days, all I want is for the combat to be quick, infrequent and present only when necessary. 

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I do hope that DA:I has branching story, as in sections of the game are completely locked out for the player if certain choices are made.

At the same time, i do not hope that this would mean that it would go the same way as KotOR 2. Like certain characters not telling you very important plot-points because you did not bring them to location X to trigger event Y in order to get information Z because event Y will give more influence that than event Y2 and you have to play a certain dark side/light side, because otherwise the character will not tell anything, despite triggering event Y at location X.

This all leaves the player underwhelmed, confused and irritated in the end. Either you have a branching story with different consequences, or you have a single coherent story, not something kinda in between.

I would say that W2 was successful in that regard, since the branching stories were self-contained, and where not dependent on each other for a single complete story. At least that was how my experience was with the game.

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So I'm guessing some people want an IE type game where regardless of companions or main character, you basically get the whole story? Or do people prefer a choose your own adventure and you decide with choices and consequences and the story is unique? And when you play again with another character and different companions and different choices, you get an entirely different story?

Yes. One or the other, not a lame mix between the two.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Volo I've mentioned this to you before but the main issue some people have with your comments is that at times you make controversial but short, or monosyllable, posts  and then don't engage in debate around what you think. But I have noticed a real effort on your part lately to explain what you mean. So keep up the more informative explanations :thumbsup:

I know you don't like being referred to as a Troll ( who does I know it annoys me when people say I'm a troll  :) ) and your opinion is valid even if people don't agree. But you will get more people  taking you seriously if you continue to engage in proper debating etiquette"

*yawn* I'll take you seriously when you stop being a self hating man hater. L0L

And, actually discuss topics instead of posters.

Can't wait to see the best dwarf ever in action again!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

*yawn* I'll take you seriously when you stop being a self hating man hater. L0L

And, actually discuss topics instead of posters.

Can't wait to see the best dwarf ever in action again!

:lol:  "stop being a self hating man hater."

Now that's trolling, I am learning how to spot it

But for the record I'm not a man hater, I just believe in the absolute equality and fair representation of the genders where its logical, for example I don't think  it would be fair for the men's and women's rugby team to play against each other in a full contact game

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So I'm guessing some people want an IE type game where regardless of companions or main character, you basically get the whole story? Or do people prefer a choose your own adventure and you decide with choices and consequences and the story is unique? And when you play again with another character and different companions and different choices, you get an entirely different story?

I don't think it's fair to say that branching plot is devoid of meaningful consequences, while branching story is the only way to get them. That's a narrow viewpoint of creativity, I think. 

"But for the record I'm not a man hater, I just believe in the absolute equality and fair representation of the genders where its logical, for example I don't think  it would be fair for the men's and women's rugby team to play against each other in a full contact game"

Yeah, you are a man hater. Just as important, you have a low respect for women sicne you view them as weak children who need to be babysat and coddled.

\

Anyways, my bad, I let you troll me there.  Back to the game...

DA3  will have good things and it will have bad things. It will be better than certain people think it is and it will be worse than what other people think it is. That is life.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That is very philosophical.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.