Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

I tried replaying D3 a short while ago but I just can't get into it anymore. It feels like work to me, regardless of all the changes they did since release.

PS: I still think the auction house was never the problem. It was their dumb drop rate that forced the players to use the auction house.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I certainly see where you're coming from, Lexx. Still, I rather like D3, despite a lot of shortcomings. I've tried pretty hard at Path of Exile and Grim Dawn, and I prefer the latter, but D3 wins hands down when it comes to smooth playing, pacing, and the general sleekness of things. It's a disease that's hard to shake, and when I have that ARPG-itch to scratch, it certainly fits the bill pretty neatly.

But, sure, I'm pretty fed up with most content, but I do like the updates: Ruins of Escheron (Kanai's Cube, especially), Grayhollow Island, the royal quarters at the manor in Act 1, plus a few portals with little challenges when doing bounties. I have the feeling that a new expansion pack is just around the corner. I mean, Act V (RoS), did wonders for D3.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Did they patched the always online requirement out the game already? No? Well nothing to see here then :-/

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Is there some modded filter which would tone down that cartoon color pallet from it already? It looks like Warcraft :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Mamoulian War: I kind of like that it's always online. No cheating - at least ideally. The ban waves occur somewhat frequently, and it feels pretty good. While I am a strong proponent of the "I do what I want with my game", when it comes to multiplayer games, I'm not so lenient anymore. I tried Grim Dawn online, and the cheaters there were glaringly obvious and hilarously OP.

Chilloutman: You can adjust the settings pretty heavily in that regard, but not fix it entirely. But don't use any external party apps, though. You'll get...*drumroll*...banned for it. ;)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Mamoulian War: I kind of like that it's always online. No cheating - at least ideally. The ban waves occur somewhat frequently, and it feels pretty good. While I am a strong proponent of the "I do what I want with my game", when it comes to multiplayer games, I'm not so lenient anymore. I tried Grim Dawn online, and the cheaters there were glaringly obvious and hilarously OP.

Chilloutman: You can adjust the settings pretty heavily in that regard, but not fix it entirely. But don't use any external party apps, though. You'll get...*drumroll*...banned for it. ;)

Well always online is needed for muliplayer, for single player, it is retarded. If they can't split SP from MP part of the game without breaking it, they should relearn coding ;-)

• 1 month later...

At least in Diablo 3, you don't have to connect to a central area with lots of other players every time you start the game, like in Path of Exile...

You mean the players you can literally walk trough, disable global chat for and not see for 90% of the game? Do they ruin your immersion into this action RPG or something? :-P

At least in Diablo 3, you don't have to connect to a central area with lots of other players every time you start the game, like in Path of Exile...

You mean the players you can literally walk trough, disable global chat for and not see for 90% of the game? Do they ruin your immersion into this action RPG or something? :-P

I think it is just having to do anything with scumbags (read : other players)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think it is just having to do anything with scumbags (read : other players)

You can quite literally disable all means of communication. They're then just blips on the radar. Crappy ping on the other hand... Yeah. Isn't that an issue in Diablo III as well tho?

So what are we getting at BlizzCon? New expansion? Diablo 4?

I think they might not go for another expansion, because even though Diablo 3 became super fun after an expansion and some content patches, by that point most people had already stopped caring because it was horrible when it launched.

It's gonna have to be something special to get me away from my WoW addiction, but pretty much the only thing that does so these days is other Blizzard games anyway. Overwatch Halloween brawl :wub:.

Hope it is a new Diablo game. Wonder what the story will be - I guess the Nephalem went crazy and we have to go kill him/her ? Would be funny to have a sequel soon, given the 12 year gap between 2 and 3 :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I really don't know. I didn't like D3 to begin with and if there is going to be same team behind it D4 will suck as well

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The lead designer who ruined Diablo 3 moved on to WoW and someone else fixed his mess by making an expansion that changed most of the systems, so I don't think so. (I don't hate the guy, but clearly he wasn't the right designer for Diablo 3, most of his systems felt like MMO systems so WoW is a better fit).

Huge sales, doesn't matter what the impression of the game was, if it sells then Blizzard will obviously produce more of it. My bet would be a new MMO set in Sanctuary, or a merging with WoWs setting.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That may be true, but Blizzard isn't exactly known for doing that quickly. Both Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 took 12 years and I've been waiting for WarCraft 4 for 14 now. :p

As for an MMO, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. Blizzard knows there will never be another succesful MMO, it's why they cancelled Titan.

WoW is becoming Diablo slowly anyway. :p

• Like 1

WoW is becoming Diablo slowly anyway. :p

And vice versa.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well I have played for the first time Diablo III on PS4. And I was really disappointed. I do not know why, but it felt bland and boring.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Yay! For of all us with a recurrent D3 itch to scratch; the Rise of the Necromancer pack is out, with new stash tabs and wings galore! :)

I've been playing a number of hours now, and I must say that the Necromancer is a treat. I'm building an undead summoner, and nothing beats swarming crypts and foul beasts with your own army of skeletons, ghost mages, golems and wearing a bloody bone armour.

My character in a mass grave, so fitting...

CiIxCP.jpg

It had to be a ghost skellie dog pet too. No other class fits the mood in Diablo better than these priests of balance.

LZk9KN.jpg

The body count gets immense early on already, and the cool lines spoken by that neat voice actor: Do not fear the end!

trPSZC.jpg

Looking sinister, but stalwart at the same time. Love it! 

Fv59bf.jpg

His first Legendary weapon...

GLK0DX.jpg

And like 20 minutes later, what the...? Always lucky. At least, these weapons summon a ghost as well. More undead, mooooorrree!

PGwqQt.jpg

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

No, it's like 14 dollars or something in your currency across the pond. However, while that gets you the Necromancer and two stash tabs and a few cosmetic items, you do have a big patch for free with new big zones in Act II IIRC (and one in Act IV, hmm, must check...), plus a number of useful stuff and challenge rifts.