Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

I went ahead and got the necromancer pack since it was my favorite class in the second one. Pretty damn fun class, mowing thru everything. So far even like the tone of his responses lol.

Mowing everything down so far, granted I am on expert and like 12 I think so not to far in to give a good review.

I am dealing with moving issues though, dude wants to strut when I need him to run.

• Like 1

The challenge rifts sound interesting. Play with someone else's build

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've bought the pack, played the campaign, and then after that decided, why again am i doing this? I liked vanilla set up better where there would be always public games with people on given runs, now it's just too many difficulty levels and it seems most people prefer solo runs... 

I've bought the pack, played the campaign, and then after that decided, why again am i doing this? I liked vanilla set up better where there would be always public games with people on given runs, now it's just too many difficulty levels and it seems most people prefer solo runs... 

Most people play public, but generally only specific difficulty levels.

But only at max level really.

Having not played for over a year, combined with my dain bramage, I find myself a little bit lost:

All the crap in my stash has padlocks. All my sets for all my classes, random pieces, potions, etc. all padlocked. Maybe if I log back in under a level 70?

Speaking of which, my level 55 necro cant/wont/doesnt join a game with people. I see "357" people playing a particular difficulty but every time I join I'm by myself. Probably all playing Grifts? And nobody ever randomly joins the games I start. Maybe I need to hit 70 first? Me so lonely. Guess Ill go grind rifts until 70 and see what happens. :shrugz:

Having not played for over a year, combined with my dain bramage, I find myself a little bit lost:

All the crap in my stash has padlocks. All my sets for all my classes, random pieces, potions, etc. all padlocked. Maybe if I log back in under a level 70?

Speaking of which, my level 55 necro cant/wont/doesnt join a game with people. I see "357" people playing a particular difficulty but every time I join I'm by myself. Probably all playing Grifts? And nobody ever randomly joins the games I start. Maybe I need to hit 70 first? Me so lonely. Guess Ill go grind rifts until 70 and see what happens. :shrugz:

The padlock means your character can't use that item. Maybe they're level 70.

If the game UI shows that number of people playing, then you should be able to join them. It should only show players at approx the same level as you. But I doubt there are 357 people playing <70 lvl games.

If you start a game and make it public, it always takes a few minutes before the game lets people join.

Hmm, I left Diablo 3 for like 9 months now. I've heard they got new Necromancer class and some sort of update... but again, is there anything really new? really fascinating? I mean there are not much to do at the end game, besides grinding.

Many people may like that, but personally I don't feel any fascinating part about it.

To be honest, i liked the first setup better, this 15 levels of torment levels is just meh... too many difficulty levels, outrageous dependence on gear and this game looks worse in playability than Diablo 2...

The big positive change is that it looks like gear now drops with stats for your character you are currently playing and legendary and decent rares you can actually encounter on your playthrough

Not sure why they made this odd change on difficulty levels, the initial 4 were enough imo,

DMG scaling is retarded. my character does 12M dmg on an occasional crit... and it's not that big of a dmg... still have the same complain on the game, it's just boring grindign with near 0 skill involved.

Still better than going act 2 in vanilla release on highest difficulty, but the gear checks are still here, they are now just better concealed with auto-scaling and almost 20 difficulty levels...

The padlock means your character can't use that item. Maybe they're level 70.

If the game UI shows that number of people playing, then you should be able to join them. It should only show players at approx the same level as you. But I doubt there are 357 people playing

If you start a game and make it public, it always takes a few minutes before the game lets people join.

Yeah it must have been user error. No sooner did I make that post then went to play D3 and got right into public games. Maybe I need to be more patient too...

And hitting 70 unlocked everything in my stash. :thumbsup:

You know, some times you just have to say 'DOH! So Ive been grinding the last few days trying to get the above mentioned set boots and last night some random party I'm in is chit-chatting about what set pieces they need and if anyone get the drop can they have it, that kind of thing. That's when I mention I'm one piece away from my 6-set piece and someone in the party goes "too bad you don't have that ring that reduces the set requirements by one piece". And I'm all like thunderstruck because I totally didn't even consider that option, and I was currently wearing that ring! Stupid is as stupid does. :lol: Anyway, now my necro is a wrecking machine. :)

• Like 1