Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

Well, was a nice night. Got 4 legendary plans and 1 legendary chest, Blackfeather.  So my DH is rocking T1 easier now, hooray,

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, my DH got a new pair of legendary pants and a legendary plan. And I was showered with rift keystone fragments. Ican't say I rock T2, but it's slowly becoming what T1 was for me a month ago.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm probably over cautious and could have gone T1 sooner. Had 400k dps and 6.5 million toughness and stayed on Master. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hardly, but was fairly easy.  Am at near 600k now and it's pretty comfortable in that I still have to not faceroll champions or elites but don't get bogged down fighting whites. 

• 3 months later...

I've noticed that levels seem vastly easier to achieve since my last go-around in Diablo III.  My crusader is almost the same level as the monk I'd beaten the game with previously.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Amentep: Yeah, and for me at least, that's for the better.

Monte: Cool! I'd love to try it out on PS4, just so see what it feels like.

Right now, I'm looking forward to entering those goblin portals and fight the Queen of Greed. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've only played the console version (PS3) because of the online only "feature" of the PC version (almost didn't play the PS3 initial release until I read it was confirmed to stand alone).

Oh and about levels my Crusader is level 31 entering Act II; my Monk had beaten the game at level 38...and I agree IndiraLightfoot its made the game a bit more fun this time around.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I found this Blizzard dev post:

"Greetings, nephalem!

We're pleased to announce that our first Diablo III Season is scheduled to begin this Friday, August 29th. To ensure the roll-out process goes as smoothly as possible for all players, we're planning both a delayed and staggered release, with different gameplay regions launching the season at different times after patch 2.1.0 ships.

For reference, below are the current launch times for Season 1:

Asia: 9:00 a.m. PDT (1:00 a.m. KST, UTC +9)
Europe: 12:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. CEST, UTC +2)
Americas: 6:00 p.m. PDT (UTC -10)

For time zone assistance, visit: http://everytimezone.com/
To learn more about Seasons, visit: http://bit.ly/1rBFf9D

Please note that these times are tentative and subject to change. If they do, we will be sure to update this thread.

Thanks!"

Perhaps I will take part in one of them seasons. That would be a first for me. I didn't do that in D2, and neither did I do it in Path of Exile. Anybody here tried it?

What worries me is that it's a huge time sink. How much is needed to get any real fun out of it? Whatever that "fun" is?

I dove into the new patch for an hour or so, and some stuff is new to me:

-I had like 150 different crafting components, which now had the text "no longer in use, but vendors covet them" or something like it. Lo and behold, I sold those, and netted millions of gp!

-In the time I actually played, I did one rift - I got three legendary drops - one from an urn - and one of them, a crown was an upgrade, so it was a nice start.

-I also encountered twin bandits, some promo event they have going, and so far on Torment, I haven't succeeded in killing them both

-Another promo is 100% gold drops, which is great. I use that to craft up all of my old gems into those superior royal gems.

And the xp fix rushed straight through my veins, a fix much needed, if anyone's wondering. ;)

Lesson of the day: Don't go against the Act2 keywarden with a missile build. Especially not on HC. RIP.

Sorry for your loss, MrBrown. Overall, I find those keywardens very unpredictable, especially those in Act2 and 3.

Slowly getting the Marauder's set for my DH, a clan mate has that (and every other legendary it seems...) and that 6 set bonus with Helltrapper will be awesome (turrets use hatred spenders and Helltrapper can spawn turrets, and turrets can spawn others, I think)