Where is your Subtitle?

Pillars of Eternity and .....

Pillars of Eternity (the lost souls)  (The Pillars of Souls) or something.

There should be a subtitle if your going to have multiple games under Pillars of Eternity.

Unless those next games are going to be completely different names?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Pillars of Eternity ...

... The Unanswered Question

... A Dance with Death

... Walking Shadows

... The Cool Side of the Pillow

... Waltz with Me a While

... Just Five More Minutes

... Screams of Silence

... An End to All Things

... An End to Some Things

... An End to Some Things and A Beginning to Others

... An End to Some Things, a Beginning to Others, and No Meaningful Change to Things Between

... The Man Behind the Hedges

... The Truth Behind the Lies

... The Truth Behind the Lies Behind the Man Behind the Hedges

... The Last Court

... Entitled Seat of Bhaal

... The Game with Limited Rest Spots

... The Game with No Combat XP

... The Game with Limited Rest Spots, No Combat XP, and a Lot of Dissenting Opinions About Both

... The Game with a Lot of Dissenting Opinions about Everything

... There are No Dragons

... Your Epic L00tz are in Another Box

... Handle with Care, Contents are HOT

... "Did I Tip the Gnome?" and Other Questions of Profound Importance

... "Did I Tip the Gnome?" and Other Questions Not so Important

... Why is this List so Long?

... Death Can Wait

... Death Can Wait, but Doesn't Want To

... We Know Where You Live

... The World is a Joke and You're the Punchline

... An End to Really Long Things

• Like 4

I prefer numbers. Simple and straightforward, real easy to keep track of and chat about in shorthand. Pillars of Eternity I, II, III, IV, V, VI, etc. = PE2, PE4, etc.

• Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

There should be a subtitle if your going to have multiple games under Pillars of Eternity.

Why? It's a given that the one called "Pillars of Eternity" is the basis for "Pillars of Eternity: Infiniternal Subtitular Melodrama."

If you saw "Pillars of Eternity" and "Pillars of Eternity: Grandiose Metaphysical Psychobabble" next to each other on a store shelf, which one would you think is the original? If you answer the second, there is something wrong with you. Although that may be apparent from the content of your post.

Pillars of Eternity: Colonial Dreams

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Pillars of Eternity: Oscopy?

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I prefer numbers myself. Most of the time subtitles just become so unwieldy. The worst is when they include several words with no meaning outside of the setting(ie: Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide). If a multi-word title is going to go with a subtitle, I prefer if it is a single word(ie: Dragon Age: Origins, Ultima IX: Ascension). If they did go for a Bourne-style title for sequels, I wonder if they would use Pillars or Eternity as the "root" of the title...

What's so great about subtitles anyway? If you can't get your point across in three or four words, then hire an editor.

Nothing, unless you listen to the Bioware fans who got outraged when Dragon Age 2 was called Dragon Age 2 instead of Dragon Age: Trapped in the Box.

#3 jab at Bioware/its hardcore fans. I'm on a roll today.

Edited by AGX-17

What's so great about subtitles anyway? If you can't get your point across in three or four words, then hire an editor.

Nothing, unless you listen to the Bioware fans who got outraged when Dragon Age 2 was called Dragon Age 2 instead of Dragon Age: Trapped in the Box.

Even if it was called Dragon Age: Exodus, it would have caused outrage.

It ought to have been called Dragon Age: Yeah, We Should've Thought About It Some More.

On the topic of discussion, I oppose the use of subtitles generally, except when they're for long scholarly monographs. Having them in videogames always sounds a bit cheesy to me.

• Like 3

It ought to have been called Dragon Age: Yeah, We Should've Thought About It Some More.

It's not like they had a choice in the matter. They were given a completely asinine release date.

Pillars of Eternity - You Killed My Father, Prepare to Die Edition.

...I don't really see any reason for a subtitled title. They can save that for the sequel, if there is one.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As I understand, some prefer it when sequels do not follow the same protagonist.

I personally do not care one way or the other.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pillars of Eternity - Prepare to Die Edition.

Are you saying it's going to be bad?

Maybe just really difficult: prepare to die, like, a lot!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Pillars of Eternity - (You killed my father) Prepare to Die Edition.

Are you saying it's going to be bad?

It's just a Princess Bride reference, nothing more. :shifty:

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts