Where is your Subtitle?

Pillars of Eternity - You Killed My Father, Prepare to Die Edition.

...I don't really see any reason for a subtitled title. They can save that for the sequel, if there is one.

in that case there needs to be three games in the series.

Pillars of Eternity: Death of a Father

Pillars of Eternity: The Six Fingered Man

Pillars of Eternity: Prepare to Die

• Like 1

Pillars of Eternity: The no Romance RPG ?

:teehee:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Pillars of Eternity: Bitch had it coming

Pillars of Eternity: As you wish

Pillars of Eternity: The pillars pillage

Pillars of Eternity: Learn to read

Pillars of Eternity: Subtitled

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Pillars of Eternity: WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!

'Cause... you know... you witness a thing and stuff... 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Whatever it is, it better be a thinly veiled reference to colonnades. What's a game about pillars without architecture puns?

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Pillars: Of: Eternity: Episode: One: Flagrant: Misuse: Of: The: Colon

Anyone else read this with a Captain Kirk voice?

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

There should be a subtitle if your going to have multiple games under Pillars of Eternity.

No.

Where's the second part of the title in the first BG? Or in first and second IwD? (pass the expansions)

Buuuuuuuuut, here's my proposition:

PILLARS OF ETERNITY: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Yeah, in seriousness, I agree that a very nice format is to leave the first title without a subtitle, and simply subtitle the sequels/expansions in lieu of numbering them.

Unless the game isn't based on a new IP (there are already a bunch of books/other games about the specific lore in your game), there's not much need for a subtitle in the first game's title.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Pillars of Eternity Episode 1: A New Pillar

It is a time of CIVIL WAR in the galaxy...

Nice - then we have Pillars of Eternity Episode 2: The Animancers Strike Back

I notice you started with Episode 1 and left no room for the prequel trilogy (The Phantom Pillar et al)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

• 4 years later...

I'm sorry for the necro, but with the imminent release of Deadfire ("Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire", to be exact), this topic has been on my mind.

The Baldur's Gate series had a clear subtitle format for BG1XP, BG2, and BG2XP: "X of Y". And the title "Tales of the Sword Coast" more or less described the base Baldur's Gate campaign as well as the expansion.  Thus the entire series could be viewed as having three subtitled parts: TotSC, SoA, ToB.

With Pillars of Eternity, each subtitle refers to a geographic region. And since "The White March" clearly does not refer to the pre-expansion campaign of the first game, I've been trying to think of one. Something a bit more creative than "The Dyrwood"...

-----

Pillars of Eternity: Hollowing of the Dyrwood

Pillars of Eternity: The Hollowing

Pillars of Eternity: No Sleep for the Watcher (already mentioned above)

Pillars of Eternity: The Awakening

Pillars of Eternity: Loading Screens of Caed Nua ( o:):p)

Pillars of Eternity: Reassurance

Pillars of Eternity: Sun in Shadow

-----

Personally, I think "Sun in Shadow" is the best choice. It's alliterative, it catches interest, and it satisfies the requirement of describing a location from the campaign.

Pillars of Eternity: Sun in Shadow

Pillars of Eternity: The White March

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Pillars of Eternity II: ? (...we shall see!)

That said, I'm interested in what other people have thought of!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the necro again, but I think there is a canonical answer to the question:

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/eternitywiki/0/03/291650_20180122155550_1.png?version=891805a74cdd515270d9d2992c0a2c4d

The original campaign is "Pillars of Eternity: The Hollowing of the Drywood".

The expansion is "Pillars of Eternity: The White March" (in two separate DLCs, part 1 and part 2).

The sequel is "Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire".

The sequel's DLCs are

"Pillars of Eternity II: Beast of Winter"

"Pillars of Eternity II: Seeker, Slayer, Survivor"

"Pillars of Eternity II: The Forbidden Sanctum"