The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

RhEmCpb.jpg

This has been doing the rounds. Reuters getting creative with statistics.

BlPqvlfIEAAdWwJ.jpg

Perhaps it is because I've just consumed a rather large amount of whiskey, but I don't get it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

This has been doing the rounds. Reuters getting creative with statistics.

BlPqvlfIEAAdWwJ.jpg

Perhaps it is because I've just consumed a rather large amount of whiskey, but I don't get it.

Chart is upside down, so with quick look it looks like that number of murders committed by using firearms, have severely lowered after "Stand Your Ground" law passed, even though chart actually says opposite.

• Like 1

I question the validity of whether Reuters actually published this chart.

Either way, it's very misleading, as the crime rate has been steadily going down before and after 2005. The 'stand your ground' law has little to nothing to do with the state murder rate.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/FSAC/Menu/Crime-Trends/Violent-Crime.aspx

As for something amusing:

Edited by Valsuelm

Either way, it's very misleading, as the crime rate has been steadily going down before and after 2005. The 'stand your ground' law has little to nothing to do with the state murder rate.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/FSAC/Menu/Crime-Trends/Violent-Crime.aspx

That link says that number of murder rise from 2005's 881 to 1129 in 2006 and continued to rise in 2007 when number of murders peaked in 1202. And number of murders are still higher than what they were in 2005. And population growth don't alone explain rise in these numbers. Also total number of violent crimes raise from 2005 to 2007. From 2008 and forward there has been noticeable degrease in robberies and aggravated assaults (also murders and forcible sex offences are decreased also but only lightly and are currently in rise).

I was obviously a bit sceptical too, but the producer of the graph has owned up to doing so deliberately on Twitter, even if the defense is rather weak. (A personal preference to draw charts that way? Really?)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I was obviously a bit sceptical too, but the producer of the graph has owned up to doing so deliberately on Twitter, even if the defense is rather weak. (A personal preference to draw charts that way? Really?)

I guess I must hate possums. haha.

One wonders why the funk a pseudo journalist working in Singapore is making charts about the Florida murder rate in the first place.

I'd probably fire her, knowing Reuters, they'll probably promote her.

Edited by Valsuelm

Makes you wonder if they are going to put themselves in concentration camps once they take over. Aren't Russians supposed to be untermensh

Mongolians, actually. Russians were cool when the Reich and the SS realized they're facing kitchen sinks.

Makes you wonder if they are going to put themselves in concentration camps once they take over. Aren't Russians supposed to be untermensh

Mongolians, actually. Russians were cool when the Reich and the SS realized they're facing kitchen sinks.

Kitchen sinks?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've read a few war novels and the SS troops often called Russians illiterate, mindless savages and clearly put the them into the category Untermensch.

The double standard was pretty funny though, late in the war they accepted anti-Stalin Belorussians and Mongolians in their ranks.  

The normal Wehrmacht seemed not to care all that much about categorizing the people they had to shoot and blow up by the thousands.  

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Ice-skating rinks?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was going for 'everything but the kitchen sink' meaning a lot... of Russians. 

---------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_in_the_Wehrmacht

It was a matter of signing a paper making you a naturalised German citizen, or possibly be forcibly deported to go live with the 'undersirables'

In addition to those, penal battalions of Poles were part of the force opposing the D day landings, and of course the Polish paratroopers on the other side at Arnhem. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

And Polish 'volunteers' as well of all things. Most of them volunteering not to die of starvation.

There were no real volunteers, even per the article you cite. Conscripts and prisoners are not volunteers. Hell, Poland was one of the few European countries where an SS foreign unit completely failed to form.

Poles didn't volunteer for the Nazis. Suggestin' otherwise, now that's a paddlin'.

Humanity F*** Yeah! A subreddit, where a guy was collected various short stories from 4chan and present the better of them. Some of them surprisingly intelligent/creative.

C8ND97t.jpg

Here's the page.

Fortune favors the bald.