The Heros you will roll

Still planning to go Orlan Ranger first, or maybe Cipher. Probably will have my typical general polite good guy personality I tend to affect in first playthroughs. When I do play evil, I like to prefer "end justifies the means" guys when the game allows it.

SODOFF Steam group.

Science for science's sake doesn't fall under the purview of "good," it's really a neutral thing unless you're part of a cult that believes the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake to be the definition of "good." Good would want to do ethical science for the benefit of all, or at the fringe, even unethical science if one believes the ends are significantly beneficent. We all know how the third row would see these things.

Well, IMO science has the greatest potential to make the lives of the most people better with the greatest efficiency, so... goody-two-shoes have a valid reason to like it.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Science for science's sake doesn't fall under the purview of "good," it's really a neutral thing unless you're part of a cult that believes the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake to be the definition of "good." Good would want to do ethical science for the benefit of all, or at the fringe, even unethical science if one believes the ends are significantly beneficent. We all know how the third row would see these things.

Well, IMO science has the greatest potential to make the lives of the most people better with the greatest efficiency, so... goody-two-shoes have a valid reason to like it.

That is true but I believe the poster was talking about the reason simply for science was more nuetral than good is because the main reason ur doing it is not to benefit mankind kr do something good, its to obtain the knowledge simply because u simply want/need to know. Usually the good that science does is an aftereffect and not the MAIN drive behind finding out that knowledge.

• Like 1

I seem to have totally lost my previous obsession with all things elvish over the last year or so; so for the first time I'm going to be something different for a first play through. I'm defiantly going to play a meadow human as I love their concept art! I'm not sure about class yet as I think I need to see a bit more about them but it will probably be a rogue.

That is true but I believe the poster was talking about the reason simply for science was more nuetral than good is because the main reason ur doing it is not to benefit mankind kr do something good, its to obtain the knowledge simply because u simply want/need to know. 

Well, most scientists I know would disagree, but it's entirely possible that they're lying liars whose pants are on fire.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Probably a heavily armoured priest or ranger. Or the same as musketeers. Probably an anti-animancy-party. Depending on how it's implemented role-playing-wise I'm going to play worshippers (Adventurer's Hall yay!) of Eothas and pilgrims of St. Waidwen from the former Divine Kingdom of Readceras! All hail!

Elan_song.gif

Wiz probably if magic is to my liking, too many disappointments before,  but will have to read some lore of the world before i make backstory of the character. I tend to play some cliches...a power hungry wiz...screw laws, social conventions...whats that whn you have walked betwean planes of existance...what matters is acquisition of power to transcend the limits of flesh...and than through beyond... (btw, before ascending, crew stronghold, give us WIZ TOWER obsidian!)

Some kind of fighter class, merc...think he has seen it all, knows it all...turns out he doesnt orrrrrr his psycosis is just that severe that he DOES...road to hell is filled with good itentions. 

Cipher...becoue lets face it...medieval JEDI! (orrrr SITH :wowey: )

Cleric/Paladin...there is no such thing as freedom, only percived lies of weak and delusioned minds, whos souls are too numb to comprehend, nay...to accept the Truth...divine order is present evrywhere and True Path rewards with clarity and those who belive shall be devoid of fear, doubt and success shall be reward, as in this, so in next life...flesh is corrupt but soul remebers.

Hmmm...I always get carried away, have certain idea how character is supposed to be or behave, but usually during the story that changes or world setting just doesnt allows my character grow how I initially wanted. So it depends on the world setting, lore and viable options through out the game.

magic021.jpg

First run will definately be a human character, most likely ranger. I use to always play as a human first and get to know the other races in the setting, as well as the NPC henchmen. Next run I'll probably choose a more limited race/class combination to go with the henchs I liked most. 

Of course, but that doesn't mean someone like a priest or paladin would consider it good if they held conservative/traditionalist type beliefs or their religious creed defined it as something in opposition to what they define as "good." Not far removed from reality. But this is a wild tangent that should end or have a Morality of Animancy thread for itself.

Probably druid, will see when there's more information about them. As far as i know they will be a hybrid class that can shapeshift to help in melee or cast spells from a distance. Kind of perfect for first playthrough since i don't know what i will prefer more.

One thing I am curious about is the ability to use drugs and alcohol in game for temporary buffs and with the later effect of come down debuffs. Then with repeated use comes addiction. I loved the rp options of that. Like a dwarf pally low resolve with an ungraceful love of ale(more so than his other brethren).

In fallout I was always hooked on something.

Most likely Aumaua Priest for my first character.  Possibly Chanter or Barbarian (also Aumaua unless there is a race restriction on certain classes).  After that, who knows?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I am thinking as race: Human or Godlike

For class:

Cypher-Mage

Cypher-Priest

Cypher-Warrior

No muliti-classing in the first game . But playing a cipher would be intriguing.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

@Leferd: But maybe a Cipher-styled-Wizard build (Lots of magic stuff). A supportive Cipher build (Buffs/Debuffs~FFXI Red Mage) and an aggressive melee Cipher build could work? Maybe not exactly like I portray them, but does some or all classes have different "builds"?

Can other classes learn to "Sing" for instance, at a penalty of course and can only maybe raise it to level 2 or 3 in proficiency? In a similar way of how every class can learn stealth, lockpick and disable traps (did I get that right?). I mean, who wouldn't want a drunken singing pirate dwarf warrior?

Does "Soul of the Voice" stuff work for Eternity? Could "Voice" be a weapon type?

Anyways, [a Cipher/Chanter oriented build (items, gear, talents) = Cipher/Priest]? Conceptually of course.

As I understand it, a cipher would need to charge their psionic abilities through physical engagement. So at the very least, we know that a melee aggressive build is at least viable -or even optimal.

http://eternity.gamepedia.com/Cipher

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle