Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Heros you will roll

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Fatback

Fatback

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 144 posts
So I'm pretty excited about this game. I havnt backed it yet being I have just found out about it a couple of weeks ago. I read threw all of the updates starting from the first, and I was just curious about the back story of your Heros

My first play threw is going to be a godlike wild Orlan chanter.

He is going to be sarcastic, cunning, full of himself.

He will be driven by wealth and power, and will do some pretty horrible things to get it.

He expects loyalty out of his companions, but doesn't trust them as far as he can throw them.

Now I'm hoping that among the wild orlan's being god like is revered to help give him that arrogance. But if they are shunned I can mold my thinking and still make him arragant.

Name: oak

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1498 posts

I think the godlike will be a race in itself, not a template you can apply to any race.

As for me, first playthrough will probably be a sarcastic and somewhat merciful (although still self-serving and manipulative to an extent) human wizard (high Int and Per, fairly low Str and Con, middling Res and Dex), second a polite and cruel godlike paladin (high Str and Res, lower Per and Dex, middling Int and Con). Wizard's probably going to be the Switzerland of player characters, while the paladin will hold stronger beliefs.

PrimeJunta

PrimeJunta

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4900 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
@aluminiumtrioxid, that's not what the devs have said:

Godlike are handled differently than the other races in chargen. We haven't implemented it yet, but in the current plan is that you can choose what type of Godlike you want to be, and the race of your parents. Godlike types have special bonuses too.

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1498 posts

I stand corrected.

teknoman2

teknoman2

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1368 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

i always go for half elf in fantasy games. as for his personality, i just put myself on his shoes and do the things i would do if i was there. that means i avoid unneeded fighting, i dont bow for no one, threats fall on my deaf ears, i do not care about morality or any ideal if it stands in the way. in short im a "the ends justify the means" guy both in real life and the way i role play my RPG characters

anameforobsidian

anameforobsidian

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Godlike cypher.

malolis

malolis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

I always go caster on my first play-through of RPGs, not sure what race or caster class though.

teknoman2

teknoman2

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1368 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

oh and when it comes to class, i play anything except paladin (i cant stand the "by the book" style of paladins)

AGX-17

AGX-17

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1735 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Every possible, chargen is my favorite part of any RPG.
  • Lysen and Silent Winter like this

Nihiliste

Nihiliste

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

No idea of the specifics till I know a little more about the mechanics but going to try running a Godlike Cipher first.  Curious about both of those so why not try them together on the first run through.

Ganrich

Ganrich

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Definitely a Chanter. I am leaning toward Godlike myself, as well. Don't know about the parent race though. I tend to play good characters on my first play through, but want more knowledge on things before delving too deep. I want it to make sense in the game world, with available potential background, etc.

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm gonna play the class that's closest to a bard. Dunno why but really having fun with them in tabletop games.

zhoom455

zhoom455

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Steam:zhoom455
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I am probably gonna go ranger or warrior, I've always liked the pet concept in those types of classes as for warriors you can never go wrong with a blood thirsty berserker.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3973 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Most probably a monk. Haven't decided on race yet. Since I am very likely to play this more than once, I will probably be a "good" character but not completely naive.

nikolokolus

nikolokolus

Bridge Troll of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”

-REH.

Boom.

Edited by nikolokolus, 22 December 2013 - 05:31 PM.

• Tauron likes this

Osvir

Osvir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3799 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Stereotypical List (According to how I usually roll)

Holy Human
- Paladin

- Priest

Nimble Orlan
- Cipher
- Rogue 

Berserk Aumaua
- Barbarian 
- Fighter

Hermit Godlike

- Druid

Magical & Forest Elf

- Wizard
- Ranger

Drunken Dwarf

- Chanter
- Monk

And here's an attempt at a Hipster List (Rogue, Priest, Ranger & Monk are difficult to place though):

Hermit Human
- Druid

Berserk Orlan
- Barbarian

- Fighter

Magical & Singing & Nimble Aumaua
- Wizard

- Chanter

- Rogue

Zen & Forest Godlike

- Monk
- Ranger

Holy Elf

- Paladin

- Priest

Manipulative Dwarf

- Cipher

Edited by Osvir, 22 December 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts

I usually play a rogue on my first playthrough of a game, though I'm not sure what I'll do this time. I kind of want to see how the game plays a little bit before I pick a class, though. If something really stands out as being interesting, then I'll probably want to give it a shot.

Robsidious

Robsidious

Haphazard Philosopher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I want to get my grubby mitts on the manual, almanac, novella & collector's book and dive into the lore to inspire me. I don't know what I'll feel like when the time comes and I love musing about chargen so will want to savour the experience. I couldn't hazard a guess at this point but I love these sorts of threads.

Does anyone know if there will be class restrictions according to race?

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does anyone know if there will be class restrictions according to race?

I believe it has been stated that all classes are open to all races (I'm about 98% sure on that one)

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As AGX-17 said - I'll try them all eventually ;)

(including several different personality types to go with the different race/class combos)

For a first run-through, I'm really not sure yet.  I might try a druid or ranger and go half-elf or human.  Then again, I'm also intrigued by the Orlans so I might go with an Orlan Cipher to get 2 of the new things in.  (But since it seems likely there'll be an NPC of that nature, I might instead go with Orlan Wizard).

Neutral Good (or thereabouts within PE's system) is usually my first playthrough - probably a more self-centred evil character after that and then whatever else inspires me based on my playthroughs).  I'm interested in the different factions though - hopefully there won't be a clear 'we're the good guys' and 'we're the bad guys' to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users