In-game memorial for gold backers - a question

I'm sitting in the same boat. :/

Thought of making a thread about this myself ^^

Well I guess some praise to the allmighty Lord Kerfluffleupogus wouldn't harm anyone.

On the other hand He is not dead... so he doesn't need to be on a memorial stone... *sigh*

Plus I do not know yet if I want to use my real name or my nickname for the game credits.

*sigh*

The problems of being a gold backer. Life can be so tough :/

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

'He once was rich,

but pledged all his worth,

to be entombed,

beneath this here earth'

(In case anyone's stuck for ideas and wants to reference their pledge - I have no such tier) ;)

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Mwuahaha I like them! Keep them coming!

Preferably, if you don't mind, some lines about a marshmallow :)

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Phew!

A good  question ...

In wich context we will find the memorials in the game? All on one site? As headstones on a cemetary or graveyard? Or more like a monument on a square, a parting of the ways or in front of an important building? Or as single monuments in wilderness areas? Or something else?

The surroundings could be important for the manner of the content.

We need more information!

• Like 1

Chief editor of World of Gothic, the (unfortunately for this audience) German Gothic community since 2000.

Fluffle the Marshmallow was a jolly old fellow.

Across hill and dale he wandered, happy and mellow.

A kindly soul not wont to bellow.

Who when vexed, would play the Cello.

Or for the more fearsome disposition:

Fluffle the Marshmallow his name he would bellow.

As he flew into battle, a vicious pink fellow.

Many wars he had known, he was never mellow.

There was only one truth, he went well with Jello.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 6

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Phew!

A good  question ...

In wich context we will find the memorials in the game? All on one site? As headstones on a cemetary or graveyard? Or more like a monument on a square, a parting of the ways or in front of an important building? Or as single monuments in wilderness areas? Or something else?

The surroundings could be important for the manner of the content.

We need more information!

My guess is a mausoleum of some kind.  That'd provide the kind of density they would need to accomodate all these messages. 

• Like 1

Think time capsule. Something you would like players tomorrow and in the far future to read, reminisce on, solve, etc…

• Like 1

Knowledge and harmony, an isometric universal path. May this be our next epic quest immortalized! Seek the crest where the fish and dragon meet…

The official history:

The Pink one never thought about tomorrow;

He ate and swallowed, drowning his sorrow.

In a fit of madness, in flew Sir Baddass!

Calling the Pink one a monster, a gluttony impostor.

Good to his word, out flew his sword.

He hacked and cut, but the goo did anything but.

The Pink one ate the fool's tool, and thus began to drool.

It tasted quite heavenly, a full on symphony!

He then had a hunch, and began to munch,

Much to Lord Baddass's dismay.

The Pink one rejoiced! There was finally a choice!

Holy metal soothed his soul; didn't even need the bowl!

He began a quest, forsooth, to mend his sweet tooth!

And thus began Lord Kerfluffleupogus's story, tales of tidings so gory!

So saith the Scribe of the Obsidian Order....

Edited by rsgeiger
  • Like 1

x1bql2.png

~ Scribe Extraordinaire to the Obsidian Order ~

Fluffy the Marshmallow,

Proposed a toast,

We misunderstood,

Now he's a ghost

• Like 5

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Haha thank you guys. I feel inspired.

Yeah some few lines about my greatness might just be what the memorial stone needs.

We have a very limited amount of caracters that can be used. Here's mine with a one or two letter maximised message:

"We always wonder what can be done to make a difference in this world. Well, here is what I did. The smallest of actions, sometimes lead to something as big as this. Be a hero, make a difference today."

• Like 2

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Don't know your gender, but I'm going with female for the rhyme, fix as needed:

Here lies what remains Fluffle

As nourishing in death as she was in life

With puffy cheeks

she sweetly reeks

Hotheaded as she was soft

A stick held her aloft

With her feet held to the fire

Her condition was most dire

When the flame fell to an ember

it was too late to remember:

if the blaze persists

Very little can resist

(And then in the grave would be the ring of fire resistance)

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Don't make anything too long. As said, the text limit is what I previously wrote in length. 

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)