What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Tonight I had Tomato soup for dinner

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If you're making five spice chicken and decide to add an extra spice, does it become six spice chicken?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ate Portuguese last night; old skool salt, fat, and cream all over the place.

Not sure what today holds, but I plan on porking out.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

but I plan on porking out.

I think I'm going to do that tomorrow. Not sure what, either, but I haven't eaten much this week and I feel like stuffing my face with something horrible for you. That's not pizza or cheap Chinese food.

Maybe that local BBQ place ... some of their yummy beef ribs. Or the pub-grill with the awesome, thick cut pastrami ruebens. Dang, I'm hungry now, but unlike in NYC, nothing's open at 230am here...nothing good anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Devilled lamb's kidneys and boiled potatos in their skins.

All the mineral weirdness in the kidneys is now flying around my system. I feel like a blast furnace.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to a place called Uncle

Had what seemed like a metric gallon of unfiltered sake (my favorite)

ripped from the menu  (law and order sound effects)

FLASH SEARED ALBACORE TUNA – ponzu, chili oil, garlic, cilantro

SALT & PEPPER QUAIL – spiced salt, jalapeno, garlic

PORK BELLY BUN – hoisin, cucumber, scallion

SPICY CHICKEN RAMEN – creamy tahini broth, scallion, bean sprouts, soft egg - I actually ordered the pork belly soy broth ramen but there was a mix up and I got this instead

BIBIMBAP – rice, garlic steak, spicy cucumbers, gochujang, soft egg

All in all it was very good. 

I'm drubj. Good night!

EDIT: almost forgot, we had a green tea ice cream sandwich with some kind of blood orange syrup for dessert 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Man, you know how to chow. 

I wanted to post what I'm drinking in the Drinking place, but I was the last one to post there, like, two weeks ago, so what I'm having right now is a middling "white ale" from local brewery Saint Archer. 

" ... brewed with high quality pilsner and wheat malts, generously spiced with coriander and fresh orange peel. Belgian yeast provides the refreshingly tart, spicy, and fruity flavor." 

Yep, it's as bland as described. Not bad, more like soda, really, and nothing at all like that Stone grapefruit slam IPA Hurl recommended. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Tonight I had a herb salad with an Avocado pear and some Feta cheese. I added some Beef stirfry just so it was more substantial.  It was healthy and tasty :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We made a Shipwreck Pizza tonight. It's regular pizza only you use white sauce instead of tomato, then add chopped peppers & fresh garlic & basil and mussels, shrimp & crab or lobster. I actually considered making a brick, wood fired pizza oven outside next to the porch tonight. I may actually do that one day.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We made a Shipwreck Pizza tonight. It's regular pizza only you use white sauce instead of tomato, then add chopped peppers & fresh garlic & basil and mussels, shrimp & crab or lobster. I actually considered making a brick, wood fired pizza oven outside next to the porch tonight. I may actually do that one day.

Thats a different type of Pizza. I don't normally have seafood on Pizza but it sounds tasty :)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I had Spare Ribs last night and I made a delicious potato salad. Very easy

• potatoes (obviously :) )
  • raw onion cut finely
  • chives
  • Feta Cheese
  • Mayonnaise and Sour Cream as the liquid base for the salad
  • Like 1

John Milton 

Shake and bake pork chops, baked potato, fresh carrots from the garden. Sometimes the simple things are the best.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Chicken tortilla soup, a Mexican coke, rum, and vanilla ice cream.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What is Mexican coke? A variety of Coca-Cola but made in Mexico..is it sweeter than normal Coca-Cola?

John Milton 

What do you know. Considering the name, and the fact that KP was drinking it I was sure booze was going to be the qualifying ingredient!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

What is Mexican coke? A variety of Coca-Cola but made in Mexico..is it sweeter than normal Coca-Cola?

It is coca-cola with cane sugar rather than HFcornsyrup.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What do you know. Considering the name, and the fact that KP was drinking it I was sure booze was going to be the qualifying ingredient!

Hey, I don't drink that much!

*he types, while taking a sip of rum*

• Like 3

There's also Mexican Pepsi, you racists. 

:lol:  Who knew? I thought they were getting the same preservative laden crap we were!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell