What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Tacos and tequila.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I made some sliders with grilled onions and a few different cheeses

Pepperjack was my favorite but the missus liked swiss the best

washed it down with a honey wheat beer

As I've mentioned  before I consider myself a hardcore Turophile.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/turophile

I have several cheese cooking books and I've generally got 3-4 different cheeses in my fridge. I am always interested how certain cheeses can be used to compliment certain food types and how some cheeses just take better cooked :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Big stew with beef shin.

As usual with shin, the objective is to seal it fast, then cook it until it turns to an unctuous gluey mess.

I'm experimenting with a 16th century English vibe, so turmeric, lots of cloves, nutmeg, sage, salt. Root vegetables and apples for sweetness.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Big stew with beef shin.

As usual with shin, the objective is to seal it fast, then cook it until it turns to an unctuous gluey mess.

I'm experimenting with a 16th century English vibe, so turmeric, lots of cloves, nutmeg, sage, salt. Root vegetables and apples for sweetness.

Last week I was researching some medieval recipes. There are several websites that cover them that go back to the 14th century. Keep us updated around what you found how the meals worked out :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

a

I made some homemade alfredo sauce and some pasta, whatever the bowtie looking ones are called. It was delicious but I wish we had some chicken breast that I could have grilled and sliced and served with it.

I also like some kind of meat in my pasta but I've found if you want to avoid it for a particular reason mushrooms always offer a good and tasty substitute :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

I should mention that I did chop up some onions, portabello mushrooms, and prosciutto and throw it in the sauce with a splash of truffle oil

It's what I call my cleaning out the fridge recipe ;)

I still would have liked some chicken though

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I should mention that I did chop up some onions, portabello mushrooms, and proscuitto and throw it in the sauce with a splash of truffle oil

It's what I call my cleaning out the fridge recipe ;)

I still would have liked some chicken though

Okay, I agree. Based on what you did add chicken would have only been a tasty enhancement :yes:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Big stew with beef shin.

Last week I was researching some medieval recipes. There are several websites that cover them that go back to the 14th century. Keep us updated around what you found how the meals worked out :)

Examples?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Big stew with beef shin.

Examples?

Yes so did the medieval meal work out and was it tasty?

Here is link that highlights some of the older recipes

http://medievalcookery.com/recipes/country.html?england

John Milton 

Big stew with beef shin.

Examples?

Yes so did the medieval meal work out and was it tasty?

Here is link that highlights some of the older recipes

http://medievalcookery.com/recipes/country.html?england

Well, medieval inspired, shall we say? Yes, it was tasty. Although the cloves made the meat taste a bit ...antiseptic. I think I'll stick to allspice in future.

-Elwood Blues

Pan-fried some cheap steaks (garlic, sugar, soy sauce, jalapenos), sliced them up into thin strips, put them on sandwich. I could have used some mushrooms to go on top, but I didn't have any. But it still tasted swell, in that cheap, ez-meal kind of way. I have simple desires most of the time, when it comes to food. It just has to have a lot of spice/flavor. eg, I'm not the boiled meat and potatoes type.  :disguise: 

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Rice and tinned mackerel, with a little grated carrot. 

Hey, not every night can be special.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Black pudding and mushrooms on toast for tea.

Probably pasta using the oil as above, plus a little olive oil and basil.

-Elwood Blues

Ham sandwich and iced tea.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My friend bought me fish and chips to celebrate the new job.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues