What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

So, Agents of SHIELD is going to have to do some major restructuring after the events of Winter Soldier.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

HBO is/was free over the weekend so my wife and I had a marathon True Detectives viewing and watched all 7 episodes. Wow, great season. Ive heard there will be different leads for next season but it will be hard to top Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey's performances.

• Like 1

Oh, no! What happened! No, don't tell me ... SHIELD was reduced to a small BUCKLER. 

I better see Cap 2 on Monday, before Tuesday's episode. 

Actually, it looks like SHIELD was completely dismantled and won't be back until all the HYDRA moles are weeded out.

Edited by TrueNeutral

AoS - wasn't expecting all of that (figured out some things as the ep went along, but still...wow!)

Talk about a "nothing will be the same" episode...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

AoS - wasn't expecting all of that (figured out some things as the ep went along, but still...wow!)

Yupp, probably the best episode of the series thus far. I think it's safe to say that the series has finally grown the beard.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

If you can't find a way to make your show interesting for 17 out of 22 episodes, then it is not because "this is how it needs to set up". It's because you have a piss-poor creative team.

If you can't find a way to make your show interesting for 17 out of 22 episodes, then it is not because "this is how it needs to set up". It's because you have a piss-poor creative team.

Hail HYDRA!! 

All Stop. On Screen.

I found the entire season interestig and enjoyable so far. Its the one show I look forward to most every 2-3 weeks.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I found the entire season interestig and enjoyable so far. Its the one show I look forward to most every 2-3 weeks.

yeah - while there have been some weaker episodes, on the most part I've enjoyed the series as well.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

One of my complaints the whole series was the no Hydra, since Hydra was the big SHIELD villain. Now I see why and it was a great payoff. Maybe now we can get Jessica Drew, Madame Hydra and the full on green Hydra uniforms.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You know, I don't know for certain, but I'd be very surprised if Marvel has the rights to do Spider-Woman as Spider-Woman since I can't imagine Sony would go through the expense to license Spider-Man and have the chance someone else could do a Spider-Woman movie (heck the whole reason Spider Woman was created originally was to prevent someone else from making a Spider Woman comic in an attempt to take attention from Marvel's Spider-Man).

Thinking about that a bit more I present:

Goofy SHIELD Theory -

Skye is the Marvel Movie-verse's version of Jessica Drew. 

The village that fought to protect her were some of the High Evolutionary's New Men (per Mount Wundagore in Drew's original origin) and the attackers were Hydra.

Points in the theory's favor:

• Skye was captured by SHIELD (who was under control of Hydra) and convinced to join.  Drew in her first origin was captured by Hydra and convinced to join.
  • Skye was almost killed until an alien derived serum saved her life; Drew in her first origin was almost killed until her father injected her with a serum he created to save her life.  Both ended up in machines to try and help save/heal them.
  • Spoiler for this weeks episode:

Skye was trained by a Hydra agent working as a SHIELD agent in Ward; Drew was trained by a Hydra agent in the first origin, by the Taskmaster working for Hydra in the second origin.  Also Drew fell in love with the Hydra agent in the first origin; Skye and Ward have had romantic tension.

• And Skye made a Spider-Man joke in the first episode - "With great power comes a whole lot of weird crap that you're not ready to deal with"
Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

You know, I don't know for certain, but I'd be very surprised if Marvel has the rights to do Spider-Woman as Spider-Woman since I can't imagine Sony would go through the expense to license Spider-Man and have the chance someone else could do a Spider-Woman movie (heck the whole reason Spider Woman was created originally was to prevent someone else from making a Spider Woman comic in an attempt to take attention from Marvel's Spider-Man).

They can do her as Spider-Woman on TV, as Marvel owns the TV rights to all their characers. If she were to appear in a movie they may have to only refer to her as Jeasica Drew.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I agree that AoS has improved considerably, and about time. However I noticed that the young scientist lady with the cut glass accent does, upon the occasion of growing flustered or angry (with Coulson most recently,) lose her accent and speaks in a more flat, broad tone. Sounds quite northern, Lancastrian or Yorkshire perhaps, I wonder if this is intentional or unintentional?

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

She was born and raised in Sheffield, which appears pretty northern in google maps. So its probably just her natural accent peekig through.

I think its kind of funny that it seems like the comics and movies/tv are mirroring each other in they can't decide if SHIELD is a US or international organization.

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ah quite near the hometown of Mrs Nonek, no wonder I picked up on it. Much obliged Oerwinde.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

No way. There is no way--no possible way in any universe--Agent Ward is as what was implied.   ;(  

If it is somehow true, I will be forced to gesticulate wildly at the TV and loudly sigh multiple times.   

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I figured one of them was Hydra, and it had to be Ward, Fitz, or Simmons. Ward makes the most sense since he isn't kind-hearted like FitzSimmons, and was trained by a high-up Hydra agent.

The ending may have been misleading though, he didn't look like he was at peace with his decision, and if they were really sealing the deal he would have said "Hail Hydra" instead of just nodding.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

No way. There is no way--no possible way in any universe--Agent Ward is as what was implied.   ;(  

If it is somehow true, I will be forced to gesticulate wildly at the TV and loudly sigh multiple times.   

Really? Because I was yelling at Coulson for being stupid enough to let him accompany Bill Paxton. When did Ward get cleared for killing the fake Clairvoyant? They never cleared him of killing that guy under orders, it was the only thread still loose and it was obvious that Ward wasn't telling the truth.

The writing in this show is just so bad. Case in point:

Edison Po, the guy rescued from prison - apparently he's a big deal, since they put so much effort in getting him out, and the pompous way he behaves towards Nina who so far actually managed fine on her own. Then he proceeds to be pretty much useless, and the very next episode he's unceremoniously killed off (I'm guessing just to show how evil the bad guys are). Dear script writers, why do you expect me to care when you kill off someone who has not proven to be of any importance at all?

Why am I even watching this trainwreck? Does it get better at any point?

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.