What you did today

Rosbjerg

Woke up too late for class, but just in time for fun. ;-)

Thanks for the good wishes, Ros. Think I managed to cool the temperature without freeze shattering the poor girl. I'm trying to encourage her to move on, without undermining same by saying I don't like her. Think I might be onto a losing concept, quite frankly. She genuinely is lovely, but since no other bastard has ever shown her any respect or serious affection...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Received a message from an ex-classmate on FB for an invitation to a class reunion, last time I saw those people was ten years ago.
And the funny thing is she (the classmate who contacted me) used to hate me back in my school days, though she seemed to be totally happy that she found me.

Ten years? It feels like its been twenty years.  This takes me back. Don't know how to feel about this. 

(Smells like a trap, doesn't it?)

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Received a message from an ex-classmate on FB for an invitation to a class reunion, last time I saw those people was ten years ago.

And the funny thing is she (the classmate who contacted me) used to hate me back in my school days, though she seemed to be totally happy that she found me.

Ten years? It feels like its been twenty years.  This takes me back. Don't know how to feel about this. 

You might be surprised. At least two girls who were pretty nasty to me at school turned out to have been more amorous than angry. Women are strange.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Women are strange.

The Force is strong in this one.

I just realised that midichlorians are yeast. And The Force is ale.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Woldan my advice is DON'T go, you must realize that almost all those people from your school will annoy you and you won't be comfortable hanging with then and discussing the irrelevance of there lives and how it relates to you. Its not a trap but it will be an exercise in futility and frustration

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I remember when I went to college there was one person there who hated me in high school. But they were very friendly once we were in college simply because I was a familiar face (and I suppose the pressure to fit in with their clique was gone).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I remember when I went to college there was one person there who hated me in high school. But they were very friendly once we were in college simply because I was a familiar face (and I suppose the pressure to fit in with their clique was gone).

Very true. More charitably I would suggest that at school we focus myopically on what makes us different. As we venture into the World we realise how alike we really are.

For example, I joke a lot about the French, and as a child I thought them arrogant, parochial, and workshy. But of course that's precisely why they are like the English. And it's also why both nations are proud, inward looking for improvement, and ingenious!

-Elwood Blues

Time of year where we do reviews, forgot how much I hate this crap. You don't seem all that keen on going to that reunion Woldan, so don't go. Simple.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Woldan my advice is DON'T go, you must realize that almost all those people from your school will annoy you and you won't be comfortable hanging with then and discussing the irrelevance of there lives and how it relates to you. Its not a trap but it will be an exercise in futility and frustration

My sister said the same thing after her first class reunion but I think thats a lesson I have to learn or it will haunt me forever.

@ Wals, yeah, doubt it, back in my teen time I wasn't the handsome beautiful hunk I'm now, I was a nerdy and not very good looking teenager. ;) 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I avoid mine due to not wanting to be hit up for donations. That and not much point in seeing any of my classmates that I don't keep in touch with.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Private high school, wasn't all that money obsessed but that changed over time. Tuition was $500 in 1992, then 4k or so by 97, now it's 12k. So any communication comes with an envelope for money and they hit up people for cash at gatherings, etc. Funny, not even my Uni alumni begs as much.

I had Uni at 10 o'clock, so that's pretty dope. Journalistics lecture and then French/English, but our teacher got sick, so I skipped English and went home after only 2 lessons. Wrote a Project Eternity song in the afternoon, talked with a friend about making our own RPG (if you know any modellers and scripters let me know...) and soon I'm gonna eat. It was a good day :)

• Like 1

Elan_song.gif

I had Uni at 10 o'clock, so that's pretty dope. Journalistics lecture and then French/English, but our teacher got sick, so I skipped English and went home after only 2 lessons. Wrote a Project Eternity song in the afternoon, talked with a friend about making our own RPG (if you know any modellers and scripters let me know...) and soon I'm gonna eat. It was a good day :)

That does sounds like a good day and eventful :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Celebrated 19 years with my Dear One in the Roost of Green Dragons ;)

Nice one :) But I have no idea what the Roost of Green Dragons is...and I'm not being lazy. Even a quick search through Yahoo didn't reveal anything definitive?

Fio and his beloved are the green dragons. They're roosting. Dunno what else to tell you.

Oh ..I get it now :sweat:

I though it was some sort of event or restaurant

Just one of the neurosis I have developed over the decade(s) with this community ;)

• Like 2

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Today I started a new thread about something funny. Other than that I'm not doing much.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Taking a break from work to eat lunch. Going to class tonight, so no drinking :(

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Taking a break from work to eat lunch. Going to class tonight, so no drinking :(

Why must those two activities be mutually exclusive?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually had a full blown bad head today rather then a background headache. Spent most of the day lurking in bed with the curtains drawn and as dark as possible.

Somewhat better now, just more with a fuzzy head and that slightly burning sensation behind the eyeballs..  But up for some tea and making sure I actually eat something. Thought I'd check mail and wotnot while I was taking care of that and see if there was anything worthwhile or amusing on the forums today...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why must those two activities be mutually exclusive?

Well can be impolite to your lecturer to be boozing it up in his class, and a distraction from why you are there.

Told my boss I'd take three days off of work next week. She said no. I went to my other boss and asked her, and she told me to ask the first boss. I told the second boss that the first boss said yes, so now I have what I want.

:devil:

Edited by Labadal