What you did today

Rosbjerg

For those folks who have been following the continuing story of Enoch's Reproductive Drama, we are now past the point where stuff started to go horribly wrong a couple years ago.  20 weeks in, and everything looks normal.  (This is roughly the halfway point of a pregnancy, and, at least in affluent American obstetrical practices, it is treated as a point where more detailed ultrasound assessments of the kid's internal anatomy, growth, etc., become more accurate and useful.)

We are now beginning to face the likelihood that there is actually going to be a living baby at the end of this.  Which is terrifying, but a different (better) kind of terrifying than what we had been dealing with. 

• Like 10

For those folks who have been following the continuing story of Enoch's Reproductive Drama, we are now past the point where stuff started to go horribly wrong a couple years ago. 20 weeks in, and everything looks normal. (This is roughly the halfway point of a pregnancy, and, at least in affluent American obstetrical practices, it is treated as a point where more detailed ultrasound assessments of the kid's internal anatomy, growth, etc., become more accurate and useful.)

We are now beginning to face the likelihood that there is actually going to be a living baby at the end of this. Which is terrifying, but a different (better) kind of terrifying than what we had been dealing with.

Nothing can prepare you for the moment you hold the little thing. Its like a movie explosion, with your old life exploding in a firey inferno behind you, but you're some kind of Stallone/Schwarzenegger hybrid not giving a **** and walking stoicly into the future.

My kids are both the best and worst thing to happen to me. As an introvert, excessive human contact stresses me out, and kids mean constant human contact with no time to recharge. So I'm essentially a giant ball of tired stress with gorgeous kids. So here's hoping you can handle the lack of "me" time better than I do.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm, going to take it easy today. Drink a little rum, play some New Vegas or BGT, and rest up for a party going on tomorrow.

Drinking heavily and pondering what to play.

Hasn't this generally been how you've spend the last week or so? ... I approve..

You 2 are very similar in that regard, " two peas in a pod"  :w00t:

I'm sure you would get on very well if you ever met in RL

:lol: You're right. There are a lot of similarities between KP & Ros! The biggest difference is Ros has many girlfriends, KP has one!

I actually broke up with her a while back. And the biggest difference is that I have hair.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Played lots of Unreal Tournament 99. Don't know whats wrong with me today but I'm like a FPS killer machine of death and destruction on coke. Mid-air flak grenade hits, shock rifle long range kills, perfectly dodging 5 close quarter rockets in a row with the reaction time of a fly on godlike difficulty.

It's like I'm on speed.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Going to be signing up for a trip to Italia tonight. It's school related >.>

It'd be may 11-31 in Rome/Pompeii. I figure I'll have a pretty good chance of getting in given that I'm hoping to have several of the school leads giving me notes of reccomendation but *meh*

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Played lots of Unreal Tournament 99. Don't know whats wrong with me today but I'm like a FPS killer machine of death and destruction on coke. Mid-air flak grenade hits, shock rifle long range kills, perfectly dodging 5 close quarter rockets in a row with the reaction time of a fly on godlike difficulty.

It's like I'm on speed.

Pft, play Tribes.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm, going to take it easy today. Drink a little rum, play some New Vegas or BGT, and rest up for a party going on tomorrow.

Drinking heavily and pondering what to play.

Hasn't this generally been how you've spend the last week or so? ... I approve..

You 2 are very similar in that regard, " two peas in a pod"  :w00t:

I'm sure you would get on very well if you ever met in RL

:lol: You're right. There are a lot of similarities between KP & Ros! The biggest difference is Ros has many girlfriends, KP has one!

I actually broke up with her a while back. And the biggest difference is that I have hair.

If you were flatmates this would be your typical weekend conversation

Kaine: So what should we do today, it is the weekend and we have all this  housework to do?

Ros: Not sure, but a quick drink wouldn't hurt?

Kaine: Drinking so early on a Saturday? But you right...a quick drink has never  hurt anyone

Ros: But we really need to keep it simple....we do have responsibilities

Kaine: Of course, well "buttoms up"

Ros: That went down really well, lets have another one

Kaine : Yeah...but only one more...and I have some Doritos for us to eat when we get hungry later

A few days later after much drinking and visits to numerous clubs that involve some random encounters with women the intrepid flatmates finally return home

Kaine: Wow that was a good party, but I'm feeling a little rough and we have all this housework to do

Ros: Yeah ..but damn we had fun. Those ladies really know how to drink

Kaine: I think I was  in love...well time to start the housework

Ros: Of  course....should we have one quick drink?

Kaine: A drink now? I don't think its a good idea

Ros: You right...you right

Kaine: But one drink never hurt anyone...and there are some Doritos left

Ros: I'll get the glasses !!!

:biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

absolutely killed it at work this week

I think that means I had a good week, I'm not so good with slang

anyways, celebrating with rum

Yes that's sounds like the correct slang to describe a good week :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Isn't the correct slang 'kilt'?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Absolutely chuffed, particularly with the comments on my project work.

What a great feeling, nice job. Tea and strumpets, now, for sure. 

Actually, I did some work, and got an early night. Slept like a top.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yesterday night I drank lots of beer, then I remembered that I took some heavy painkillers because of my ear infection. The alcohol amplified the painkillers a lot, I could pinch myself without feeling anything, thats when I started to worry. Pretty scary, I hope I didn't trash my liver.

Finally got asked to use the company IM, great now I can have my managers nag me even easier than before. I am rather amused at how the client is boned and really nothing we can do to fix it, will be great to hear what the idiots will come up with as well :lol: (one idea was to write UDP messages to a DB table and send them later, as this will make things go faster, somehow).

But at least it is Friday, although that just means Monday is soon.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope I didn't trash my liver.

As a European (and with Germanic ancestry in particular) you should be able to handle it.

interesting night coming up tonight - I hope I have a fun story to tell tomorrow.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, I feel great, no hangover and my liver seems to be working properly.   :w00t:  By the way, I was drinking Danish lager, from all the gazillion beer brands Faxe is by far the tastiest. (and the hardest to get around here, sadly) 

faxe_zpsd811bd74.jpg

• Like 2

Me too. What a coincidence.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, I feel great, no hangover and my liver seems to be working properly.   :w00t:  By the way, I was drinking Danish lager, from all the gazillion beer brands Faxe is by far the tastiest. (and the hardest to get around here, sadly) 

They are mostly known for their sodas here, Faxe Kondi.. for beer I usually go for Weizenbier, I like the sweet taste better than lager.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

faxe_zpsd811bd74.jpg

That can gets a coolness rating of 9.9!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

absolutely killed it at work this week

I think that means I had a good week, I'm not so good with slang

I hope you went for the top shelf stuff like Pritchards or El Dorado!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Competition & capitalism... it's a beautiful thing!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell