What you did today

Rosbjerg

Probably vengeance for my first Baldur's Gate run, when his master died horribly from an acute case of Gnolls. :blush:

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

A blind Let's Play is when you make a Let's Play of a game you've never played before and don't know a lot about.

I clicked on it thinking that she was blind and you had some kind of awesome sound-based guidance.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

1233519_4735001511563_1812722052_n.jpg

This is the little adoptee who likes to nibble on fingers, phones, and nipples.

He does look like a smug bastard.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is the little adoptee who likes to nibble on fingers, phones, and nipples.

He does look like a smug bastard.

The important thing to note is that he looks cuddleable. Soo veeeryyy cuddley.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

suckers01b.jpg

Looks a little bit like my first cat ever, actually, except mine was a bit more long-haired. :)

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Skyped with a girl for 3 hours today trying to get her started on learning Zbrush, apparently since I'm married to my work the only thing I can hope for are threeways.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Skyped with a girl for 3 hours today trying to get her started on learning Zbrush, apparently since I'm married to my work the only thing I can hope for are threeways.

Whatever you do please don't tell her your view on the feminist movement and women's representation in gaming. That definitely won't win you any points :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Having trouble getting to sleep. Going to watch a movie or something.

Whatever you do please don't tell her your view on the feminist movement and women's representation in gaming. That definitely won't win you any points :)

Orogun01 doesn't need points.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Having trouble getting to sleep. Going to watch a movie or something.

Orogun01 doesn't need points.

Everyone needs points, unless you are a male super model and you can rely on just your good looks.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

suckers01b.jpg

Looks a little bit like my first cat ever, actually, except mine was a bit more long-haired. :)

He's been in my lap gaming with me but I moved to much.

FPwUUu2.jpg

Edited by Calax
  • Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Considering that she is Jewish and I have made Holocausts jokes in front of her just to piss her off, I doubt anything I say will shock her anymore.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Considering that she is Jewish and I have made Holocausts jokes in front of her just to piss her off, I doubt anything I say will shock her anymore.

Wow, okay that's unusual :)

John Milton 

Sorting out some bills. Since for various reasons I now pay the direct debit for the phone lines, internet, tv package.. I got to chase the family for their share, and the joys of folks doing the "well I use x, but I don't really use y much so should I really be covering..."

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Listening to the Rogue Spear soundtrack and feeling rather nostalgic for my last year of high school, heh. Much like last year of Uni it was pretty fun, and a lot better than now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Every time I check this thread I'm like 5 pages behind. You'll forgive me for not reading every reply since I last checked.

Anyway, so here's the thing. I'm a little upset with myself. I keep falling in love with people who are utterly unavailable. Either they're out of my league, (most of the time) Lesbian, (you'd be surprised how often that's happened) happy with someone else, (curses!) living abroad, age difference, or I'm stuck in a friendzone. Worst yet is my current crush.

I don't want to say I'm love, but damnit, every week I see her, (she's a professional who helps me with my administrative problems, finding a house, structure, and just stuff in general) I get this **** eating grin on my face.

I simply can't look at her and not smile. I feel so stupid for it. Here I am, fat, 27 living with his mother, no job, no education, no prospects, and there she is, beautiful, strong, funny, intelligent (yes!) quirky.

We're not exactly similar (how can I fall for a vegetarian, damnit!) but I greatly enjoy talking with her. I can have a normal conversation with her.

But it's practically a perfect storm of unavailability. Happily in a relationship, out of my league (did I mention that?), and I guess I'm kinda/sorta her patient. (though officially I'm a client) and friendzoned.

So every week, I convince myself it's just a crush. Look elsewhere.

And every week, I look forward to my appointment, I talk to her, I look at her eyes, and see them look back, and I smile while talking about stuff.

Gah.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Sorting out some bills. Since for various reasons I now pay the direct debit for the phone lines, internet, tv package.. I got to chase the family for their share, and the joys of folks doing the "well I use x, but I don't really use y much so should I really be covering..."

Get Hulu or Netflix and get rid of your tv package maybe?

village_idiot.gif

Isnt it down to the three of you now (you, mom, dad)? Are your parents really haggling with you over that?

Get Hulu or Netflix and get rid of your tv package maybe?

Well it's more a thing with my dad. But parts of it is that I provide an amount of "house keeping" rent to my mother, so there's figuring out which goes which way. Plus family politics.

Although it was kind of amusing to do my dad's old trick with the phone bill back on him.  He used to drive us all insane every time the phone bill turned up and run around questioning everyone on all numbers called so he could figure out if there were any that shouldn't be there.  So I went with the "Hm, so do you recognise this number from Fareham? This number from..."

I actually have another phone line for my work at home which is on a separate bill, so I leave it up to them to sort out who handles the other house phone that's part of that package. The tv is mostly used by my mother, who when she's having a bad day with all the health issues tends to have that switched on in the background by her bed.

It pretty much gets divided by her covering the tv, I cover the internet, and dad does the "but I don't really use them" while every other moment you find him on the computer or watching the tv. Family politics, always fun.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Every time I check this thread I'm like 5 pages behind. You'll forgive me for not reading every reply since I last checked.Anyway, so here's the thing. I'm a little upset with myself. I keep falling in love with people who are utterly unavailable. Either they're out of my league, (most of the time) Lesbian, (you'd be surprised how often that's happened) happy with someone else, (curses!) living abroad, age difference, or I'm stuck in a friendzone. Worst yet is my current crush.I don't want to say I'm love, but damnit, every week I see her, (she's a professional who helps me with my administrative problems, finding a house, structure, and just stuff in general) I get this **** eating grin on my face.I simply can't look at her and not smile. I feel so stupid for it. Here I am, fat, 27 living with his mother, no job, no education, no prospects, and there she is, beautiful, strong, funny, intelligent (yes!) quirky.We're not exactly similar (how can I fall for a vegetarian, damnit!) but I greatly enjoy talking with her. I can have a normal conversation with her.But it's practically a perfect storm of unavailability. Happily in a relationship, out of my league (did I mention that?), and I guess I'm kinda/sorta her patient. (though officially I'm a client) and friendzoned.So every week, I convince myself it's just a crush. Look elsewhere.And every week, I look forward to my appointment, I talk to her, I look at her eyes, and see them look back, and I smile while talking about stuff.Gah.

Do you want honest advice? Or just a shoulder to cry on... I can do either sweetie

• Like 1

Mostly Harmless

Every time I check this thread I'm like 5 pages behind. You'll forgive me for not reading every reply since I last checked.

Anyway, so here's the thing. I'm a little upset with myself. I keep falling in love with people who are utterly unavailable. Either they're out of my league, (most of the time) Lesbian, (you'd be surprised how often that's happened) happy with someone else, (curses!) living abroad, age difference, or I'm stuck in a friendzone. Worst yet is my current crush.

I don't want to say I'm love, but damnit, every week I see her, (she's a professional who helps me with my administrative problems, finding a house, structure, and just stuff in general) I get this **** eating grin on my face.

I simply can't look at her and not smile. I feel so stupid for it. Here I am, fat, 27 living with his mother, no job, no education, no prospects, and there she is, beautiful, strong, funny, intelligent (yes!) quirky.

We're not exactly similar (how can I fall for a vegetarian, damnit!) but I greatly enjoy talking with her. I can have a normal conversation with her.

But it's practically a perfect storm of unavailability. Happily in a relationship, out of my league (did I mention that?), and I guess I'm kinda/sorta her patient. (though officially I'm a client) and friendzoned.

So every week, I convince myself it's just a crush. Look elsewhere.

And every week, I look forward to my appointment, I talk to her, I look at her eyes, and see them look back, and I smile while talking about stuff.

Gah.

Can I make the obvious suggestion? It's advice I need to heed, so it's not harsh. But it is adapted for you.

1. Fat - do some exercise. It might not make you thin, but you'll feel better.

2. Living with your mom - when I still had a mom I spent dud months kipping at home to save cash. Didn't stop girls getting interested. Typically they had their own places anyway.

3. No job - get a job, or start your own small business. The latter is hard work, but you'll feel really good about it, even if you're earning beans.

4. No education - I'm educated, but I've never much minded if my friends or employees are. Take an interest in something, though. Get expert in that.

4b. Being interested in other people is better (socially) than being interesting in your own right.

I would suggest that you falling for this girl/other girls who are unobtainable is as much your subsconscious kicking you up the arse as it is about fancying them.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.