What you did today

Rosbjerg

Let us know what he says please.  :)

Of course!

The only other thing I can think of would be a slight bend in the barrel.  The bend would need to be

(30 cm / 4752 cm) x barrel length  =>  For a 24 inch (60.96 cm) barrel that would be 3.848 mm.

Since it has a 17.5'' barrel it should only have a 2,8mm bend but thats absolutely impossible as it would be touching the barrel channel walls. The rifle is designed to have ~ 1mm space between the barrel and the wood to ensure its free floated.With a bend like that it wouldn't even fit into the stock anymore I think.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I felt something tingling near my mouth and for some strange reason my tounge decided it would rise to the challenge and deal with the threat.. and so I caught a fly today with my tounge! .. proud and disgusted..

Fortune favors the bald.

Tounge

(Toonj) Verb
In skateboarding when you throw yourself down every obstacle at a rate of speed and intensity which usually results in substantial damage to your body. The action of tounging resembles that of a battering ram. When someone tounges exceptionally hard they tounge like a battering ram. Tounging is exclusive to skateboarding and does not apply to BMX, Scooters, Rollerbladers, or organized sports.

Needless to say, the fly did not survive..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

One of these days we really should arrange a mass gathering of Obsidianites for Ros to take out on the town so we can be truly amazed... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One of these days we really should arrange a mass gathering of Obsidianites for Ros to take out on the town so we can be truly amazed... :shifty:

I'm not enough of an exhibitionist to calmly flirt while 1500 people are staring at me..

Pretty awesome challenge though..

Fortune favors the bald.

Today is a public holiday in South Africa, its officially called Heritage Day but most people refer to it as Barbeque(Braai) Day. Today is where we celebrate the strength of our cultural and historical diversity. We believe we are a stronger nation by our diversity and we typically do this by having a barbeque and inviting friends and family around.

Since I barbeque regularly I'm going to be chilling and gaming today  :)

I read this and can't help but think "So they're celebrating their heritage... by acting like Americans on the 4th of July."

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Met the opthalmologist today, I felt bad for the doctor what with her being an immigrant and seemingly having a hard time with Swedish and English, and also having two elderly ladies whinging at her before I went in. Then again, she did'nt fill me with confidence, dead fish handgrip, evasive and not willing to explain anything at all. She did some tests, only thing she told me was to look up, straight or similar.

She did'nt tell me what was wrong, told me to get a new time the day after tomorrow and go to the pharmacy to get the eyedrops I have to take every hour and every third hour. Oh, and a salve for the night. On the receipt from the pharmacy it says that I have "iritis" but the doctor did'nt say squat. :/

Now I'm freaking out, because even though I've gotten an eyedrop to dilate the pupil it's halfmoon shaped, or rather shaped like an rising/setting sun, with the bottom half of the pupil still "closed" and the other half open. This can't be good. >_<

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Met the opthalmologist today, I felt bad for the doctor what with her being an immigrant and seemingly having a hard time with Swedish and English, and also having two elderly ladies whinging at her before I went in. Then again, she did'nt fill me with confidence, dead fish handgrip, evasive and not willing to explain anything at all. She did some tests, only thing she told me was to look up, straight or similar.

She did'nt tell me what was wrong, told me to get a new time the day after tomorrow and go to the pharmacy to get the eyedrops I have to take every hour and every third hour. Oh, and a salve for the night. On the receipt from the pharmacy it says that I have "iritis" but the doctor did'nt say squat. :/

Now I'm freaking out, because even though I've gotten an eyedrop to dilate the pupil it's halfmoon shaped, or rather shaped like an rising/setting sun, with the bottom half of the pupil still "closed" and the other half open. This can't be good. >_<

Okay that sounds a little worrying, keep us updated :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think that's 1500 people staring at you AND taking notes...

Well I think that would make it all easier actually, she would think I was super famous or something. lol

Now I'm freaking out

Holy hell, no ****.. Is you're Iris unaligned? Maybe it's not serious, but I would be freaking out too.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Not an expert like an eye doctor, but my understanding is that the pupil being distorted rather than round is common in Uveitis aka Iritis. The inflamation is in the middle layer of the eye where the iris is. Since the pupil is the hole in the iris, it makes sense to me - the layman - that the pupil might end up distorted if that tissue layer is inflamed.

Edit: checked a few medical sites and they seem to indicate a small or distorted pupil as being a symptom of iritis.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I would pay good money to have crescent moon shaped irises.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Now I'm freaking out

Holy hell, no ****.. Is you're Iris unaligned? Maybe it's not serious, but I would be freaking out too.

The pupil is distorted, imagine your upper part of the pupil fully dilated, but the lower part not dilated at all.

Not an expert like an eye doctor, but my understanding is that the pupil being distorted rather than round is common in Uveitis aka Iritis. The inflamation is in the middle layer of the eye where the iris is. Since the pupil is the hole in the iris, it makes sense to me - the layman - that the pupil might end up distorted if that tissue layer is inflamed.

Edit: checked a few medical sites and they seem to indicate a small or distorted pupil as being a symptom of iritis.

The doctor told me nothing, I have no idea what to make of it, and the phonelines closed 20 minutes after I detected it.

I would pay good money to have crescent moon shaped irises.

One would be a special snowflake! :)

Found an image on wikipedia, with even the right colour, but wrong alignment and degree of distortion here. Kind of gross though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah the doctor should have explained what you were going to be seeing symptom wise. Its not like you weren't going to notice!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"There's going to be cake in this game?"

Muahahahahaha!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I always ask for a Swedish doctor. I want to actually be able to communicate with him/her when it comes to my health.

The only other doctor there was an immigrant aswell, so I doubt that'd have been much different. The only noticeable difference was that the other one seemed nice and cheery because she did'nt have to put up with people whinging at her. I hope it was just a really bad day for her and that I don't get to meet her again on Thursday.

Yeah the doctor should have explained what you were going to be seeing symptom wise. Its not like you weren't going to notice!

Yeah, true that! I think that she let her ****ty day go out on me and forgot about it, there was also alot of confusion administrationwise since noone knew why I'd been sent there initially.

In better news, it seems that whatever it was holding my pupil back has dissapeared and it's now nearly full (moon). :D <-- Real happyface.