What you did today

Rosbjerg

Hm, the skies are going overcast again. Sister's popped around and got us to look after her big dog while she's getting her car MOT'd.

A little bit out of focus in general for some reason. I've spent the week doing bits and pieces but realised I have no idea if I actually achieved anything or really have any idea of what I've spent time doing. Although on a side note I was able to catch up on the last season of Supernatural at some point in the middle of everything.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I played Journey while high last night, I got to say it's been a mythical experience. I'm so glad I finally got to play it, it lived up to the hype and then some. I've never felt so rewarded for exploration and faffing about.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I had an extremely intense vivid dream today, I was in my ex-school, a large tall building where I opened a suspicious door and stumbled into a huge drug lab.
Unfortunately guards immediately spotted me and caught me, they tied me up and threw me in an absurdly large pool to drown me. But I fought and tried to keep myself above the water as long as I could. The goons then decided to pull me out (mercy?) of the pool and lock me up to give me a clean death instead. It was a small room on the 4th floor.
I knew I had to escape because they would kill me, but how? I looked at the window and realized climbing down was the only possible way. It was a pretty flat facade with nothing to hold onto, I climbed out and clung onto the frame of the window, I managed to climb to another window which lead to a room (It looked exactly like my old classroom) next the one where I was locked up. Thats when I heard alarm sirens, shouting and guards running around in the building.
I sneaked to the other side of the building, climbed out of another window where a vertical rainpipe lead to the 3rd floor.
The fear of falling was overwhelming but I knew it was my only option.
The rainpipe lead to a small terrace where I was stuck, there was no other way down than to jump, but jumping two stories was too high. I did it anyway, hung onto the edge of the terrace to minimize the distance between my feet and the ground and hoped for the best. A horrible feeling of fear and desperation overcame me.
Fortunately I spotted some kind of solid looking creeping plant on the facade. I let myself fall and grabbed the plant mid-air ripping it off the wall in the process, which somewhat dampened my fall, it was enough to save me from severe injuries.
I hit the ground hard, I couldn't breathe and the pain was immense but I was alive and immediately realized I had to get back up on my feet and start running.
With severe back pain I ran through the completely empty city (which was a perfect copy of my ex schools surrounding structures and streets) looking for help, the buildings looked decayed and there where no cars nor people or lights.
I ran to a phone cell to call my mother, and thats where things got fuzzy and unclear. I remember telling her that I was being in big trouble and that we must meet at a place only we knew.
The last thing I remember from my dream is water, maybe an open air bath, then I woke up.

If thats my subconsciousness trying to tell me something through strange metaphors I don't get it.  :blink:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It's about moving out on your own without the safetynet of your parents, about facing the world alone for the first time and being afraid. even though that happened a long time ago. Memory isn't linear, that's why people keep childhood trauma for life.

You're wellcome. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Thats a good interpretation.

The part where I let myself fall and hit the ground is probably a metaphor of me leaving school, thats the last time I had physical contact with the school building in my dream, the brutal impact on the ground and the deserted city was a metaphor for the harsh reality that followed after. Pain, no help, being on my own. 

There are no drinks that you like LC?

Well, a really good ice daiquiri or something is all right. But it's too much bother, plus I have to clean the blender. Rum and cola is about the most complicated I tend to be (cola cuts down the icky taste).

The main thing besides taste is I'm not a huge fan of the alcohol effect. Beyond that first initial 30 minute tipsy burst, doesn't do much for me, really. Certainly doesn't make me feel better. If anything, being drunk is likely to depress me more. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had an extremely intense vivid dream today, I was in my ex-school, a large tall building where I opened a suspicious door and stumbled into a huge drug lab.

Unfortunately guards immediately spotted me and caught me, they tied me up and threw me in an absurdly large pool to drown me. But I fought and tried to keep myself above the water as long as I could. The goons then decided to pull me out (mercy?) of the pool and lock me up to give me a clean death instead. It was a small room on the 4th floor.

I knew I had to escape because they would kill me, but how? I looked at the window and realized climbing down was the only possible way. It was a pretty flat facade with nothing to hold onto, I climbed out and clung onto the frame of the window, I managed to climb to another window which lead to a room (It looked exactly like my old classroom) next the one where I was locked up. Thats when I heard alarm sirens, shouting and guards running around in the building.

I sneaked to the other side of the building, climbed out of another window where a vertical rainpipe lead to the 3rd floor.

The fear of falling was overwhelming but I knew it was my only option.

The rainpipe lead to a small terrace where I was stuck, there was no other way down than to jump, but jumping two stories was too high. I did it anyway, hung onto the edge of the terrace to minimize the distance between my feet and the ground and hoped for the best. A horrible feeling of fear and desperation overcame me.

Fortunately I spotted some kind of solid looking creeping plant on the facade. I let myself fall and grabbed the plant mid-air ripping it off the wall in the process, which somewhat dampened my fall, it was enough to save me from severe injuries.

I hit the ground hard, I couldn't breathe and the pain was immense but I was alive and immediately realized I had to get back up on my feet and start running.

With severe back pain I ran through the completely empty city (which was a perfect copy of my ex schools surrounding structures and streets) looking for help, the buildings looked decayed and there where no cars nor people or lights.

I ran to a phone cell to call my mother, and thats where things got fuzzy and unclear. I remember telling her that I was being in big trouble and that we must meet at a place only we knew.

The last thing I remember from my dream is water, maybe an open air bath, then I woke up.

If thats my subconsciousness trying to tell me something through strange metaphors I don't get it.  :blink:

Most of the time there is no meaning for dreams, its just your subconscious mind rationalizing events in your life. They don't have to have a complicated reason for you having them :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I firmly believe that dreams are your best advisor. However, they need to be understood by disciplined analysis.

The key is to understand that dreams are contextual and symbolic. The ancients thought that (for example) a pyramid or a snake had a fixed meaning. But I believe this is total bollocks. If I am a 16 year old girl pacifist and I dream of an assault rifle that is very different to Woldan dreaming of one. Indeed, Woldan wouldn't even begin to dream of a generic rifle. It would be a specific type of rifle, and the type would be important.

If I may enjoy the luxury of psychoanalysis sans frontiers, I would suggest that Woldan is a chap who is often training and learning. He checks what he does. Viz the shooting and handloads and so forth.  This is the school motif. But your secondary motifs are about being trapped. I suggest that your subconscious feels you are being trapped by seeking approval. Your waking motif is water, which is a formless unstoppable element. You need to be more fluid and unconstrained.

My god this merlot is strong.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Took my new backpack for a spin with a co-worker's family. Great fun, but no amount of airing seems to get rid of the campfire smoke smell. Oh well... :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well I'll be butched. It's been raining heavily all day. Seems totally out of the blue with it being so clear and nice all week. Also, doesn't typically rain much in Sept. here. As they say ... "Winter is coming."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a dream some **** hit my car.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I know this is sacrilledge to a lot of people, but water your whiskey and it won't feel quite so much like detergent going down. 

You could always not drink whisky. Perhaps you should try vodka.

Or baby formula.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Many people often dream about water, most of my dreams revolve around that element. I often dream of drowning in a dark murky river with lots of alga and water plants in it. Oddly I never try to get to the shore, I just let the water engulf me and it feels strangely relaxing and calming even though I'm clearly dying. 

Edited by Woldan

Many people often dream about water, most of my dreams revolve around that element. I often dream of drowning in a dark murky river with lots of alga and water plants in it. Oddly I never try to get to the shore, I just let the water engulf me and it feels strangely relaxing and calming even though I'm clearly dying. 

Mmmm....I think I've got this one. That dream means you need to learn how to swim !!!!! You see this dream deciphering is easy :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My dreams often feature the house I grew up in. My parents are rarely in the dream, just the house/rooms/furniture. I'll be frolicking in some dream world, then suddenly transition to that house for a scene or two, then back out to the dream-world, so to speak. When a parent does pop into the dream, it's usually my mother, whereby she'll be sitting at the expandable and functional wood dining table where we had all meals, or sitting on the couch (the one currently in my living room, in fact...). :)

I don't think I dream about water very often. Occasionally there might be a tidal wave. But don't think I've ever had a drowning dream. Just the slo-mo running and sorta-falling (not flying). (edit - oh no, wait, when I was very very little, I had dreams about pool drains. Being afraid the drain would suck me in. Childhood terror. Not in forever, tho)

...It's a mad world...

-Elwood Blues

Mmmm....I think I've got this one. That dream means you need to learn how to swim !!!!! You see this dream deciphering is easy :yes:

Makes sense.  :w00t:

I actually know what this one means, the water is a metaphor for the boring daily grind, how it engulfs my entire life, thats why the water is nasty and dark looking, me drowning in it means I'm having enough of this ****. My death is a metaphor for the need of drastic a change / new direction, I need to drastically change my life.

Edited by Woldan

Well, if you want to take a stab at dream analysis, I woke up from one where I was leading a horde of Chaos Space Marines and plotting how to attack a Space Marine Fortress Monastery for some reason. Including vivid sequences of setting the initial sneak attack to disrupt defenses, involved aerial attacks,  and darkened corridors with blood spray and plenty of stabby-slashy melee moments.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, if you want to take a stab at dream analysis, I woke up from one where I was leading a horde of Chaos Space Marines and plotting how to attack a Space Marine Fortress Monastery for some reason. Including vivid sequences of setting the initial sneak attack to disrupt defenses, involved aerial attacks,  and darkened corridors with blood spray and plenty of stabby-slashy melee moments.

:biggrin:

This dream fits firmly in the realm of "not meaning anything and its your subconscious mind working its way through your memories "

John Milton