Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

My question is 'will it be less crap than most Bioware games?'

By this point you probably have heard, played enough BW games that you can have a reasonable expectation of what it will be. If you think that BW are crap then why do you waste your time with them? 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My question is 'will it be less crap than most Bioware games?'

By this point you probably have heard, played enough BW games that you can have a reasonable expectation of what it will be. If you think that BW are crap then why do you waste your time with them? 

Well, i can't speak for him, but for me is that way.

The only games from Bioware i have played are BG1+2(loved them) ,NWN+Exp(meh) , DA:O(good enough), DA2(kinda crap)

I had dismissed Bioware since NWN, and returned only for DA:O(which i played years after it was released). But DA2 was disapointing, and what i hear for Bioware's last games isn't to my liking.

DA:I hype makes it sound a return to the DA:O model(to a point), so i try to deside if i should dismiss Bioware once and for all and consider DA:O a a fluke like the BG series was, or if i should play it.

Two questions:

Who is writing Cassandra?

Is Cassandra romancable?

Is a BW game, if you stare at a wall long enough you'll get sex scene.

Gotta capture that Twitcher crowd.

Ooh are they having bird watching in Dragon Age 3?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Two questions:

Who is writing Cassandra?

Is Cassandra romancable?

Is a BW game, if you stare at a wall long enough you'll get sex scene.

Gotta capture that Twitcher crowd.

Seems like the BioWare fans are the ones who demand romance, in every conceivable shape and form. In the Witcher it's just in there like it is in real life. 

In the Witcher it's just in there like it is in real life.

Witcher fans confirmed for no less delusional than Bioware fans.

I don't generally see too many Witcher fan, but during my short stay at the BSN I saw romance threads for every possible character, after a character's reveal the inevitable question of "are they romanceable?", custom signatures supporting romances, as well as the usual LGTB related thread.

I don't think that Witcher fan's can fill shoes that big. Plus how many Witcher fans are there? 10?

• Like 6
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't generally see too many Witcher fan, but during my short stay at the BSN I saw romance threads for every possible character, after a character's reveal the inevitable question of "are they romanceable?", custom signatures supporting romances, as well as the usual LGTB related thread.

I don't think that Witcher fan's can fill shoes that big. Plus how many Witcher fans are there? 10?

In my experiences with Witcher fans, they don't shut up about how the series is the best RPG ever. So much so, almost every thread they enter devolves into "Well, the Witcher did this great...".

As for Bioware fans, I just think it is that forum that is ****ed up. Nep seems sane at least.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

In the Witcher it's just in there like it is in real life.

Witcher fans confirmed for no less delusional than Bioware fans.

I'm not a Witcher fan, but for what i saw(played only the first game) it's way closer to reality than Bioware's approach. Sure, is simplified, but most hook ups and one night stands work prety similar. That the whole seduction is sumed up in two lines is an abstraction, the same way Bioware "relationships" are sumed up in 12  lines.

Twitcher fans. L0L Just as bad as the BIO romance freaks yet try to pretend their b00bies are more sophisticated. Too bad too sicne Twitcher b00bies is the best part of that franchise while BIO games have much more interesting things going on than simple b00bies.

Varric > ALL OF TWITCHER SERIES - B00BIES

Official proven fact. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Twitcher fans. L0L Just as bad as the BIO romance freaks yet try to pretend their b00bies are more sophisticated. Too bad too sicne Twitcher b00bies is the best part of that franchise while BIO games have much more interesting things going on than simple b00bies.

Varric > ALL OF TWITCHER SERIES - B00BIES

Official proven fact. :)

Well, this is a BioWare fan thread so I'll let this brilliant riposte go unchallenged.

In my experiences with Witcher fans, they don't shut up about how the series is the best RPG ever. So much so, almost every thread they enter devolves into "Well, the Witcher did this great...".

As for Bioware fans, I just think it is that forum that is ****ed up. Nep seems sane at least.

I don't go to their forum. And I seriously doubt I'd be labeled a Bioware fan anywhere but here, my attempt at maintaining a balance just comes off as one-sided due to the other side being rather raucously over-represented here. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't go to their forum. And I seriously doubt I'd be labeled a Bioware fan anywhere but here, my attempt at maintaining a balance just comes off as one-sided due to the other side being rather raucously over-represented here. :p

Hey, I like a lot of Bioware stuff, and I think when you get down to it most of the other forumites enjoy Bioware games to a point. They just happen to be more vocal about talking about the perceived flaws, and taking the piss out of the pre-ponderance of BW style romancing rather then discussing other aspects...

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My apologies. I don't mind quite a bit of Bio stuff myself, except for their most recent entries, Jade Empire, and KOTOR after playing KOTOR2.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I'm playing the Imperial Agent storyline in TOR and I think it's better than DA II and ME 3."

Doubtful. TOR MMO is a garbage game and while DA2 has flaws it is still an above average game by far and while ME3 is meh it is easily better than some stupid SW game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I'm playing the Imperial Agent storyline in TOR and I think it's better than DA II and ME 3."

Doubtful. TOR MMO is a garbage game and while DA2 has flaws it is still an above average game by far and while ME3 is meh it is easily better than some stupid SW game.

You haven't even played it.  Everyone who has will tell you certain storylines like the Imp. Agent are some of the best storytelling Bioware has done.

For my money the Inquisitor was the best.

Actually I don't get why you don't play it Volourn.  It's practically free at this point.  Do it.  Just give it a little try.  I'm guessing you get some enjoyment out of it despite your odd hatred.

It can't be worse than your Witcher experience!

• Like 2

I haven't played TOR yest, so maybe I should try it. Are there any storylines that are gut-wrenching?

It's practically free at this point.  

It's completely free and you can have 2 characters per server allowing you to access all 8 stories. I just doubt Volourn will want to invest the time it takes to complete a main storyline or get into the meat of the game if he isn't into MMO gameplay, I had a similar barrier with the game although I agree all the stories and companions were at least okay, with many being great. It's just sort of a shame that all 8 class stories and companion interaction were stripped down (Compared to the single player prequels) because storytelling isn't the central focus of an MMO, but of course there are plenty of good points too like the flashpoints and Ops which I absolutely loved. 

Edited by Serrano

Actually I don't get why you don't play it Volourn.  It's practically free at this point.  Do it.  Just give it a little try.  I'm guessing you get some enjoyment out of it despite your odd hatred.

Yeah, it's harmless. Just one little fix, how bad can it be? You can control it and quit it any time you don't feel like it anymore and go back to being your old self ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

that's been my problem with SWTOR, I am enjoying the story, but the MMO gameplay is just so boring. I quit shortly after getting my apprentice in the Sith Warrior run. I just couldn't be bothered to slug through it for the story anymore. If they took the game, and redid the gameplay with single player in mind, and sold it for full price again, I would probably buy it.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg