What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Are the carcinogens related to grilling meat?

And the sardines were for lunch. Were still at work here in the states.

Yes you are probably correct, its how meat is cooked.

Oh and my bad about the time zone mistake :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just ate a can of jalapeno sardines with crackers.

Love me some sardines. Especially the mustard ones drowned in hot sauce

I just had an interesting lunch that consisted of some kind of truffled cheese, prosciutto, and a nice tawny port. I'm in food heaven right now

Free games updated 3/4/21

I just ate a can of jalapeno sardines with crackers.

I just had an interesting lunch that consisted of some kind of truffled cheese, prosciutto, and a nice tawny port. I'm in food heaven right now

Where the hell were you lunching?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just had a salami sandwich. Dinner will probably be, as always, rice and chicken.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A little place right around the corner named, interestingly enough, the Cornerhouse

Denver has some really good food, I know I was surprised by the restaurant scene when I moved here

That looks like a really cool restaurant, I think its a good idea to link restaurants that we go to for those interested in understanding more about the menu and food choices in cities :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Same. My favorite brand is King Oscar.

Also, why am I just learning that Amazon sells food? When the hell did that happen?

I have been thinking about what I said earlier and I want to apologize for saying sardines sounded horrible. This is a discussion about food and we shouldn't' judge any food type just because we find it strange ( for the record I like sardines but it was the cracker part that threw me off )

John Milton 

Tomato soup and a grilled cheese with jalapenos and a tomato slice on it

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have been thinking about what I said earlier and I want to apologize for saying sardines sounded horrible. This is a discussion about food and we shouldn't' judge any food type just because we find it strange ( for the record I like sardines but it was the cracker part that threw me off )

No worries. :)

And the cracker part was saltines. I prefer sardines on crackers or bread instead of straight out of the can.

Wow, that's a surprise..you eat normal food. I thought you would have gone hunting tonight with Tommy and tracked down some wild bear or Elk for dinner?

John Milton 

Wow, that's a surprise..you eat normal food. I thought you would have gone hunting tonight with Tommy and tracked down some wild bear or Elk for dinner?

:lol:  Not today! I wondered, briefly, if coyote was edible. But I looked at Tommy and thought it would be too weird!

But I'm too busy for real cooking tonight though.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol:  Not today! I wondered, briefly, if coyote was edible. But I looked at Tommy and thought it would be too weird!

But I'm too busy for real cooking tonight though.

:biggrin:  Good one GD

John Milton 

The greens are cooking quite nicely, and I'm marinating the chicken in vinegar and Hatch peppers. Should make a fantastic breakfast.

Bread and cucumbers.

I had Subway for lunch as well.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

A few crunchy squares of "Sheila G's Brownie Brittle." It is divine.

...oh wait, you said dinner, not early afternoon munchies. ... hmm. ... haven't decided. It's rare I decide until an hour before I actually eat. Chicken meatballs/rice maybe. Or some take out. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've determined that I will make baked Somosas tonight.  It should be a challenge, wish me luck.  I think I have everything except for one or two spices, I'll try to supplement.  I wonder if cumin powder instead of seeds will be an issue.

Greek chicken & pasta:  chicken marinated in liquid smoke, artichoke hearts, green peppers, red peppers, sun dried tomatos, white onion, diced garlic cloves, red pepper seeds, black pepper, garlic powder, pinch of sea salt, sliced lemon, all cooked in extra virgin olive oil.  Serve on buttered whole wheat linguini strewn with parmesan cheese and feta crumbles.  Colorful and tasty!

Edited by Tsuga C
  • Like 3

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

No plans for tonight (I expect to get home quite late from work), but had some Kangaroo steak yesterday. Garlic marinated and just fried on the pan for 10 minutes. Yum :)

Added some stuffed olives and baby capsicums filled with feta.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No plans for tonight (I expect to get home quite late from work), but had some Kangaroo steak yesterday. Garlic marinated and just fried on the pan for 10 minutes. Yum :)

Added some stuffed olives and baby capsicums filled with feta.

Nice, Kangaroo I imagine is a lean meat. Probably similar to Ostrich and its very good for you?

John Milton 

A stew containing tofu, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and sweet soy sauce over jasmine rice.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

A stew containing tofu, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and sweet soy sauce over jasmine rice.

Another healthy dinner, good one :)

Are you are vegetarian Leferd?

John Milton 

I've determined that I will make baked Somosas tonight.  It should be a challenge, wish me luck.  I think I have everything except for one or two spices, I'll try to supplement.  I wonder if cumin powder instead of seeds will be an issue.

" Somosas" :)

Most people probably won't know they are. We have a strong Indian community in South Africa so Somosas are very common and delicious. They aren't that good for you as they suppose to be fried in oil but with the various options as ingredients  they can be very yummy . My favourite is the potato and cheese

John Milton 

Another healthy dinner, good one :)

Are you are vegetarian Leferd?

That's the first time I've ever been accused of such. Ha!

No, but I am making a conscious effort at eating healthier. My metabolism isn't what it used to be and my knees are preventing me from running the 3 miles (5 km) I used to do everyday.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle