What you did today

Rosbjerg

Helped my sister move a fridge/freezer combo into her new place. Now today is the official "she's out of the house and into the new one". She's taken the big dog with her, so here's to how it all turns out.

Hopefully you can start reclaiming a bit of your life, now you won't be running around after her and her pets for a while. :)

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Big night out with 6 buddies, we were at a really cool club, they all spread out at one point and I was sitting with one of them and having a great time chillin at a table, when this drop dead gorgeous girl (we are talking Olivia Wilde hot here) with 2 equally hot friends suddenly sits down with "hey guys, what are you doing out here tonight?" .. It's really prejudice of me, but I was actually really surprised that so beautiful girls could be so down to Earth (they even bought me drinks hah).. Every douchebag in the bar was looking at me like I was the biggest **** in the world :D

Ended up having a great night with the girls. Awesome..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Helped my sister move a fridge/freezer combo into her new place. Now today is the official "she's out of the house and into the new one". She's taken the big dog with her, so here's to how it all turns out.

Hopefully you can start reclaiming a bit of your life, now you won't be running around after her and her pets for a while. :)

Well we've still got the cat and the mad spaniel. Apparently she was only allowed to have one pet in the new place.  Which on a certain level I kind of worry about, because he's a big dog and she'll be working 9-5 most days so whether she'll get back on track for actually giving him daily runs or not...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Big night out with 6 buddies, we were at a really cool club, they all spread out at one point and I was sitting with one of them and having a great time chillin at a table, when this drop dead gorgeous girl (we are talking Olivia Wilde hot here) with 2 equally hot friends suddenly sits down with "hey guys, what are you doing out here tonight?" .. It's really prejudice of me, but I was actually really surprised that so beautiful girls could be so down to Earth (they even bought me drinks hah).. Every douchebag in the bar was looking at me like I was the biggest **** in the world :D

It's that Lex Luthor look. They're expecting you to be an Evvvvviiil Genius. Because that's sexy.

Last night I went to a party, got slightly drunk, and got to third base with a girl. Thinking about calling her up in a few days. Today I'm going to relax, play some video games, and rehearse.

The Lex Luthor look oozes confidence doesn't it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Laughing at Spurs now. But my heart did not need that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watched the Europeans final Tractor pulling Event, it was beyond awesome. There was one tractor called ''Lambada'' that had 4 supercharged V8 Hemis running on nitro with a total of 10.000 horsepower. When he started pulling it was not only DEAFENINGLY loud you also felt the engines in your guts, like standing next to a huge firing machine gun.

IMO thats something you absolutely need to experience at least once in your life.  I posted photos in the users photo thread.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm on leave today and I'm flying to the coast for my the Dad's 70 th birthday. I'm excited as I'll get to see all my brothers and sisters. We are a wide age difference from my sister who is 23 to my oldest brother who is 41. Anyway I'm saying a speech which I've  been preparing. I've made the speech sentimental and humorous so  it should go well :)

Wow I had an amazing 3 days, so many interesting, bizarre and enlightening things happened. The highlights were

• The speech went incredibly well. My dad and the guests were touched by what they said was the great sincerity and sentimentality of what I said
  • Amazing food at these funky restaurants the whole weekend
  • My brother brought an Australian lady friend to the beach cottage and this lady was super sexy and hot. And really interesting ( she has just got through an African hiking trip  
  • Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

When you reach the absolute top of the pyramid, the rules suddenly start breaking. The nicest, coolest and most down to earth girls I've ever known are also the most beautiful ones. 3-9 are total bitches and 10 I was planning on marrying :p Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's very interesting, but more so that preconceptions affect social relations soooo much more than I realized.

Also today is the last day of my 3 months vacation.. It's been beautiful and I look forward to seeing all my peeps in Uni tomorrow.

Fortune favors the bald.

When you reach the absolute top of the pyramid, the rules suddenly start breaking. The nicest, coolest and most down to earth girls I've ever known are also the most beautiful ones. 3-9 are total bitches and 10 I was planning on marrying :p

Not sure that makes grammatical sense, old boy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When you reach the absolute top of the pyramid, the rules suddenly start breaking. The nicest, coolest and most down to earth girls I've ever known are also the most beautiful ones. 3-9 are total bitches and 10 I was planning on marrying :p

Probably not, I was going to write something else before, then changed my mind and was lazy on the tablet... :D

Moved Mr. Grey from outside into a specially created sectioned off part of my office/pc room. Tiny bits of food and water every couple hours, still trying to save/prolong his life because I'm stubborn, and he keeps looking at me with such pathetic, trusting eyes. Short on sleep. My knees are feeling messed up again, probably too much kneeling on the floor catering to kitty. And it's all muggy and cloudy. In short, I'm kinda sad and cranky. :disguise:

If I can stay awake, will probably do some gaming with the spouse this Labor Day.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Probably not, I was going to write something else before, then changed my mind and was lazy on the tablet... :D

No worries.

Can I suggest you attempt to paint your feelings, using potato-printing? Photo it and post here.

-Elwood Blues

Sold a rifle for 550 bucks, and now I'm thinking about buying a chainmail Hauberk because....I don't know, do I need a reason? The problem is I don't want any of that cheap deco stuff, the real battle ready 13 kilogram heavy Hauberks with flat riveted rings start at 280, not counting the other expenses like a gambeson costing 100 and the belt for 30-50.

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm on leave today and I'm flying to the coast for my the Dad's 70 th birthday. I'm excited as I'll get to see all my brothers and sisters. We are a wide age difference from my sister who is 23 to my oldest brother who is 41. Anyway I'm saying a speech which I've  been preparing. I've made the speech sentimental and humorous so  it should go well :)

Wow I had an amazing 3 days, so many interesting, bizarre and enlightening things happened. The highlights were

• The speech went incredibly well. My dad and the guests were touched by what they said was the great sincerity and sentimentality of what I said
  • Amazing food at these funky restaurants the whole weekend
  • My brother brought an Australian lady friend to the beach cottage and this lady was super sexy and hot. And really interesting ( she has just got through an African hiking trip  

Bruce are you after your brother's lady? :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's been a great weekend for me. It started with dinner with GF at a very nice place in downtown. Then it was drinks and live blues at the roof top lounge on the Peabody with the Memphis skyline in the background. Then it was back to her place. That's where the surprise came. Since I was going to be gone overnight and I couldn't leave my dog home alone all night I brought him to her place. He was NOT happy and made his unhappiness known by barking all night and making a mess. Well, she is not allowed dogs in this place and the neighbors complained so that is a problem to be worked out later.

Anyway we laughed about it and cleaned up his mess and then later we were, you know, enjoying ourselves in the bedroom and he jumps into the bed and stares at us the whole time. He never does THAT at home. Then he started interfering and that was the end of that. The next day we took him to Overton Park and we spend the day hanging out there.

Sunday night we came back to my house where, thankfully, Tommy started behaving himself again. So we just relaxed today, I'm smoking a Boston Butt Roast in the smoker and drinking Sam Adams on the porch. Tommy is chasing crows down in the trees and the GF is taking a nap on the couch. All in all a good way to end a good weekend.

And I broke down and told her where we are going for her birthday present next month. She is very excited. I didn't know this but she has never flown before.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I did about two hours worth of cardio and listened to a bit of a friend's act. Going to watch a movie and relax for a few hours.

I've come to the conclusion that Bruce is after every somewhat attractive lady.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Today I did about two hours worth of cardio and listened to a bit of a friend's act. Going to watch a movie and relax for a few hours.

I've come to the conclusion that Bruce is after every somewhat attractive lady.

That just means he has a pulse.

Yeesh. A whole bunch of girls I know are INCREDIBLY excited because they've announced some guy they all consider mega-hot to be cast in the primary role for the film adaption of 50 Shades of Grey. I've been stuck doing the "But..But..the books are bad?! They're badly written. Badly edited?! Bad bdsm?!" and their various responses boil down to "We don't care. He's hot."  :getlost:

The spaniel here is still getting used to the fact that my sister and the big dog are gone. Definitely playing the pathetic card a lot. Managed to get out of the house, walked to the middle of the road and then lay down flat on the ground....

• Like 1

The point is, Raithe, that for a lot of women sexuality is about being safe, pretending to be unsafe. And you can't much more safe than major Hollywood pretty boy, carefully supervised, pretending to do bad BDSM. Or something.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues