Dragon Age: Inquisition

People were creating accounts just to post images of them defecating on the game box.

:lol: Hilarious.

And I thought the delusions of the IDT people was funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hickman...Not familiar with him personally (up until this year I thought he was a she....).

Blasphemy! Hickman is a writer responsible for the Dragonlance series and also one of the absolutely best D&D modules ever: Ravenloft. ;)

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Heh, I've seen the name and am aware of the Dragonlance connection, meant to say I'm not familiar with his work: I haven't read a word of either his writing, or of any Dragonlance material.

But yeah, it means that I did have the impression for a couple of decades that Dragonlance as a setting was the work of two women, which I thought was pretty cool for the genre. :facepalm:

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Hickman...Not familiar with him personally (up until this year I thought he was a she....).

Blasphemy! Hickman is a writer responsible for the Dragonlance series and also one of the absolutely best D&D modules ever: Ravenloft. ;)

Next to Planescape and Al-Qadim, Ravenloft is my favorite D&D setting.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Planescape, Al-Qadim and Ravenloft are the settings I liked best as well (one day I'll finish off getting the remainder of their published material).

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Heh, I've seen the name and am aware of the Dragonlance connection, meant to say I'm not familiar with his work: I haven't read a word of either his writing, or of any Dragonlance material.

...ne'er read a Dragonlance book, lad??...damn...The Legend of Huma be one o' me favorite books...e'en read a few o' the smaller stories ta the kids fer bedtime...no Dragonlance...damn... :blink:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Mass Effect 3 was good.

A bad ending might keep something from being excellent, but it doesn't make the entire game bad.

Have I not beaten the horse enough about how Mass Effect 3's ending was not the only thing bad about it? Perhaps in my wish to not be a broken record, some people didn't hear the song the first time.

I can respect it if you disagree, but let's not pretend that it's only about the ending.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Eh...ME3 was okay.  That said, I really think ME3 builds heavily on what ME2 set-up and I think ME2 breaks heavily from what ME1 promised.  For me ME1 is the superior concept and ME2 and 3 go off in another direction with varying results.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guest Slinky

I remember disliking how the game handled side quests, and that space ninja dude was beyond idiotic. Did it have the probing uranus mini game from ME2? That too if it was in.

"Probably."

Not even close. Salvatore has written some damn good books. It's not his fault 9well.. in some ways it is) that some people have gone extreme in their Drizzt love. The Dark Elf and Icewind Dale trilogies are damn good reads.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As a kid my reading material was more along the lines of astronomy and dinosaurs! That said, if there really is a DL book named The Legend of Humanoid, then yay.

Shame Humanoid I imagine you had a tough childhood, did your parents refuse to let you play outside and insisted that you sit in front of the PC hacking away at games like Ultima and Kings Quest until you completed them. Was it a case of " no dessert for you until you've completed at least 6 levels of that FPS"?

:p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I enjoyed the Dark Elf and Icewind Dale trilogies when I was younger. The story moved at a good pace and kept my interest. I was unfamiliar with the whole D&D world in general at the time, so everything was new and interesting. This was just after I had read Dragonlance Chronicles and Legends. I think I was in 6th or 7th grade. I still have my old copies around for nostalgia's sake. 

ME3 left me wondering what was the point of ME2 in some areas. Was funny that the characters from it just show up to run the risk of dying for the most part.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is David Gaider a better writer than R.A. Salvatore?

Not even close. 

Yeah I have to agree.  Believe it or not, the simple style that Salvatore writes in is not that easy to pull off.  He keeps a quick pace, develops characters smoothly, and is easy to read.  He's also a professional that churns out a ton of content every year.  

Gaider has grown as a novelist, but he's not in the same class yet.

Is David Gaider a better writer than R.A. Salvatore?

Not even close. 

Yeah I have to agree.  Believe it or not, the simple style that Salvatore writes in is not that easy to pull off.  He keeps a quick pace, develops characters smoothly, and is easy to read.  He's also a professional that churns out a ton of content every year.  

Sanderson does all that better than Salvatore though. And i don't consider Sanderson a great author either. Don't get me wrong, i kinda like Salvatore's novels, but in the same way someone likes fast food. Quick, simple, not taxing, entertaining... but not great in any strech of the word.

I cannot compair him with authors like Martin,Wolfe,Erikson etc.

• Like 1

I think Martin easily puts Salvatore to shame. I can't wait for Skin Trade.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I didn't mean to imply Salvatore is a great writer.  He is good.  Gaider is pretty new to the novel world, so I'm not sure what he will become.  

Actually I read Salvatores first three books when I was young, they were probably worse than what Gaider has done.  :) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Woods_Out_Back

I think Sanderson is the one epic fantasy author working right now who actually outlines his multi-book epics beforehand releasing the first book. For that alone, I am grateful.

• Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I really should read that pile of Sanderson books of mine that's accumulating.

But then how will I find time for the Pratchett and Jordan piles?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"That said, between ME 2, DA 2, and ME 3, I've come to the conclusion that BioWare has forgotten how to do good endings."

ME2's ending was fantastic.

DA2's ending could have been way better. No doubt about it.

This so called BIO 'fanboy' hasn't even finished ME3 so haven't perosnally experienced ME3 ending but what I've seen from the whining is the whining is over the top stupidity.

Agreed, ME2 had a cool ending and the last mission of the game was just one of the best things ever. I see where most of the hate comes from about ME3's ending, but I find it to be really exaggerated. Most people don't like how the choices provided to you at the end are unaffected by all of the choices you've made throughout all three games (which isn't 100% true but close enough). I for one saw this coming.

I'm confused? Are you saying that the choices in the previous ME didn't make a difference in the final outcome of the last game?

From what I've seen, the complaints stem from the fact that you're always presented with the same four decisions in ME3's ending, regardless of your choices in all of the previous games. And also, there isn't much closure at all after you've made that choice.

My problem with the ending is that you're given 4 options, but no matter what you pick you get the same ending with negligible variations

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think Sanderson is the one epic fantasy author working right now who actually outlines his multi-book epics beforehand releasing the first book. For that alone, I am grateful.

Adrian Tchaikovsky

Steve Erikson

Joe Abercrombie

Scott Bakker

Tom Lloyd

The riddiculous cases like Jordan and in a lesser extent Martin aren't so common.

But nowdays i don't start series that aren't finished or close to  :sweat: