Scott/tarna

Fionavar

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share two things. One is the obituary for Scott/tarna. It can be found here: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Scott-Moore&lc=2160&pid=161071448&mid=5306989&Affiliate=denverpost&PersonID=161071448&FHID=4386.

If that's a recent photo (or a photo over the last year or so), he didn't age much. He still looks quite young and nearly the same as he did 15 years ago. Surprised he was a grandfather. Such a shame and looks like he had a lot of years ahead of him. :(

• Like 1

To all of you wonderful people. I just want to say thank u for all the sympathy sent to our family. Scott/tsrna is out there smiling that u remembered him. You all where a important part of his life for a long time. We were married for 20 wonderful years and miss him like u would never believe. I was so proud of him

..he fought so long and so hard..

Thank u for being a part of his life!

• Like 12

Ah nuts. Now I'm choking up.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

To all of you wonderful people. I just want to say thank u for all the sympathy sent to our family. Scott/tsrna is out there smiling that u remembered him. You all where a important part of his life for a long time. We were married for 20 wonderful years and miss him like u would never believe. I was so proud of him

Mrs. Moore, we were honoured to know your husband; he was a very special person that will always live on in our hearts, as will you and your family...thank you for sharing with us this this wonderful person and know that you and your family will always remain in our prayers.

Jason

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium
  • Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Fio's blog entry gets my first ever given, and likely only, "Like."

I didn't know tarna much on a personalized level, mostly from posts in the fora here and there etc., but the first time I joined the mod team and was feeling jittery a few times, he was awesomely supportive, helpful, and kind. I've always remembered that. Not just that he was helpful, but his affirming approach. It left an impression that still lasts to this day.

Ah nuts. Now I'm choking up.

Yeah...me too.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hi Bobbi,

your choice to take the time and share this with us is a gift for which words are inadequate to exprress thanks or gratitude. I have learned over the years here in the 'sandbox' something important from tarna/Scott. The words we choose affect other people and he always used them - in my experience - that honoured the person, even when he had to moderate. So your words hold power and for them, I simply say 'thank you:' for more than that would take away form their power for me.

• Like 6

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Fare thee well, noble soul.

Sad to say it but I lost contact with him after he closed his Coffee Shop board. I'm sitting here and remembering the good "old" times when he used to be the calm center of the flame chaos in YOP (and later on his own forum) and yeah, I'll be missing him. =(

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Connected with Karzak and he's posted a bit of his memories of tarna on the Redux boards...he touched alot of our lives and we're better for it...

i have nothing bad to say about tarna. coming from me, such an observation is typically a scathing condemnation. in this case it is a heartfelt approbation.  tarna was a good person-- he is a good soul. 

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I am unpinning this thread. Thanks to you all for sharing your memories and your care as tarna's family has frequented this thread both interactively and as observers.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Before this thread rolls into memory and we all go on, I just want to say one more thing;

In the last few years, we've lost members of our community that we all knew, we all shared laughs with, shared conversations about foolish minor details of our lives, memories that seem soo fleeting and yet soo vivid...we've lost friends...and we've lost contact with many more.

I miss tarna.

I miss Visceris.

I miss Kelverin and I'm sorry I wasn't around when Hurlshot found out that he passed.

I don't know what fool ever said that people on the internet can't really be your friends, but they were wrong...I feel truly blessed for the friends that I've made in our strange little community over the years and I hope that I'm not alone in feeling this way...I hope we're still here to reminisce for years to come.

Jason

• Like 8

I hear you Sargy. I've missed quite a few people especially from the BIS boards as well. I've always wondered what's happened to all those guys that frequented the BIS Boards, the different sub-forums. Too many names to mention but I do remember nearly all of them and a lot of what they posted. A lot of friends back then even though we may not have known it at the time.

And after a few years of not seeing them, you then realise how much of an impact they had on your life. You realise they were friends and not just random people on an internet forum. Those who have left probably don't realise the impact they've had on us, but we do remember them. I remember them. And with great fondness, the memories and the sadness of people who have passed away.

There were ups and downs as standard with a community, but there wasn't one person on the BIS boards that I didn't like. It may come as a surprise but I actually liked everyone that I came in contact and those I didn't have contact with. There was a lot of people who I didn't talk to, but I still have good memories of them and reading some of their posts.

A lot of people, friends and memories, all good which is a rare thing.

• Like 1

Before this thread rolls into memory and we all go on, I just want to say one more thing;

In the last few years, we've lost members of our community that we all knew, we all shared laughs with, shared conversations about foolish minor details of our lives, memories that seem soo fleeting and yet soo vivid...we've lost friends...and we've lost contact with many more.

I miss tarna.

I miss Visceris.

I miss Kelverin and I'm sorry I wasn't around when Hurlshot found out that he passed.

I don't know what fool ever said that people on the internet can't really be your friends, but they were wrong...I feel truly blessed for the friends that I've made in our strange little community over the years and I hope that I'm not alone in feeling this way...I hope we're still here to reminisce for years to come.

Jason

I'm right with you Sargy. After meeting in person 2 people from BIS and 1 from another board you realize that we are all regular people with our own unique personalities. We love, and like and need just like everyone else. Some of you have been my friends for a long time, and mean more to me now than ever.

• Like 1

Still not fully processed this. But one thing I would say is that Scott was a very level headed and down to earth guy. If there is an afterlife _of any kind_ I'm sure he'd be regarding our comments with wry amusement. So, for what it's worth, I am going to pretend that's what's happening.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

Several attempts at finding my log in details later...

**** :( Not profound, but that is my general feeling :( I remember tarna from way, way back through many message boards, and although I didn't know him well, either in the online or real sense, I always liked him and thought he was a good man. I hurt for his family. ****, man :(

Be at peace <3

Sarah (Calliope, Pirotess, whatever)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this thread and it breaks my heart... There is still a message from him in my inbox from 2006 on here... From a religious discussion we'd been having. My thoughts go out to his family. :(

Mostly Harmless

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this from wherever it was, but I found it after doing a search for tarna based off a signature I saw. Wondered what happened. Kind of wish I hadn't, now. I've been away from this particular community for quite a long time, but tarna was always a stalwart. I didn't know him personally, but it's very sad nonetheless.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

• 2 months later...

Happy Birthday, my friend.

• 4 months later...

I'm so sorry to read of Scott/Tarna's passing. It was only a few  days ago that I was wondering how he was and what he was up to. We became good friends over at the BIS boards and then through email and other forums. To my regret, we lost touch a couple of years ago. He was a kind, gentle person and the world is richer for having had him in it. I still have a beautiful email he sent me when I was 17, and going through a 'hating my parents' stage. I treasure it for its proven wisdom. He was right about how I would start to love them again and about lots of other things. RIP Scott.

• Like 5

• 7 months later...