What are you playing now?

Pidesco

"Changing Focus (or How I Learned to Love MuderDeathKill Raiding)", by ex-Tomb Raider Lara Croft.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was hoping for a bit more ... mission structure, where you hunt for some relic to complete the first mission, then regroup and figure out that you have to hunt for another item elsewhere in your second mission, etc.  Instead, I seem to basically just following one quest path -- stay alive.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, much as it's called a Tomb Raider game, it's pretty much the set up for how she changes from "naïve archaeology student" to "kickass tough-as-nails-recognises-she-might-be-a-sociopath-adventurer"..

That's the story it's meant to tell. The archaeology pseudo-mystical aspects of what's going on around the island are just there to open her eyes to the myths that are more then myths and lay that groundwork for future games to explore the actual Tomb Raider side of it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was hoping for a bit more ... mission structure, where you hunt for some relic to complete the first mission, then regroup and figure out that you have to hunt for another item elsewhere in your second mission, etc.  Instead, I seem to basically just following one quest path -- stay alive.

It starts changing later, but it's ultimately overshadowed by FarCry 3 for effectively having the same transformation of it's main character. But in FarCry there's an ultimate point to all of it, while in Tomb Raider it's basically "Look guys, we're doing this to see if you want the property and to set up the fact that she's gonna be a mass murderer for the next games".

Honestly? I think they'd probably have had a better time if they'd marketed the game as "Lara Croft!" or something.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still playing SWTor when I get a few spare minutes. Usually 30-45 minutes at a time.

Caved in and forked out millions of in-game credits for a big lizard mount.  I'm sure my Sith Juggernaut is going to look imposing riding into battle on it. I would have preferred a War Mammoth with spiky armour and a howdah for him to sit on, but it's the next best thing I suppose.

Edit: Slightly unrelated, but I checked my Origin client and noticed it was several updates behind. It also started updating a number of games, including DA2. Anybody know what the hires texture pack thing is (it was free)?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A pack that provides high resolution textures? :p

Yeah, easy for you to say with your insider knowledge!!!

:p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I managed to jump back into some TOR and dabbled along. Wrapped up the basic Makeb storyline for my Smuggler. Then got the "Oh, by the way, Makeb is still there."  "But.. It exploded behind me as I was leaving!!"   "Oh, no, that was just the piece of ground you were stood on."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I visited Makeb once by accident. Didn't know touching my ships holo thingy would teleport me there. Fought and killed a number guys and critters, but felt outmatched (everybody seemed 3-4 levels higher than me, being level 46-47ish at the time). Completed a bonus mission but still has the main task ahead of me. Decided to finish the class story first before getting more side tracked by the post level 50 stuff.

My husband is a BL2 fiend, I tell you. Seriously, I love the game too, but sometimes I wish he'd like something else, heh. Maybe I should accidentally "lose" his copy...oh wait, it's a Steam game....grrrr...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing Tiny Tina's DLC with friends, rolled 19 on a chest and got two sweet, sweet SMGs. I do like how they change the map on the fly, so to speak, as Tina's flip flops a lot. Not as gratingly annoying as I thought and I guess one theme is her dealing with Roland dying.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gotta admit Tomb Raider is getting more interesting now that Lara's got all sorts of cool gadgets to use that allow me to reach previously inaccessible areas.  At least now it actually feels like I can explore a bit (relatively speaking).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hi, my name is LadyCrimson, and I am a gaming alt-aholic. ;(  (only my 1st lvl60 was actually played much tho - the others got/get 70% of their levels via praying/Leadership...).

altoholic1.jpg

• Like 2

If you actually play/quest, not long. A few days to a couple weeks to reach 60, at most. Praying/leadership method ... 2-4 months. Probably longer if you don't have the speed-bonus profession workers. But it's not much logged-in or website Gateway time - 1-2 hours per day maybe. :)

Heh, it was more impressive in WoW (9) and Diablo2 (20+  via multiple accounts). Logging into D2 to make sure chrs. didn't expire was a PITA.

Thisis Mychar and Dunwana Fytr are awesome character names. :)

Yeah I agree they are cool :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Flexibility in naming your character is the best feature of the game! It's ridiculous that in this day and age, other games still refuse to acknowledge a simple space in your name. What is this, are the characters being stored as DOS 8+3 character filenames?

*glares at WoW and TOR*

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Started playing the PC version of Castlevania, and so far I am not impressed.

You mean Lords of Shadow?  I'm not a fan either.  I prefer my Castlevania to play like an actual Castlevania, not God of War.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You mean Lords of Shadow?  I'm not a fan either.  I prefer my Castlevania to play like an actual Castlevania, not God of War.

Yeah, it's tedious and boring. But I'm not very far in so I hope it picks up.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

i actually thought lords of shadow was pretty good. definitely my favorite god of war type game.

as far as castlevania games go, its not in my top 5 (but dark souls is :)

1. circle of the moon

2. symphony of the night

3. dawn of sorrow

4. aria of sorrow

5. dark souls

tee hee hee

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.