Shadowrun Returns

Pidesco

GMG sent me my Steam key this morning, though Steam says it still has a few hours to go before it is unlocked. Can't wait to check it out this afternoon... The first thing I'm going to do is manually save my game.  :dancing:

Before you even start playing a campaign?  That sounds a bit extreme.  I'm not sure if you can save on the main menu.  :wowey:

Damn it! They said save ANYWHERE! Scams and stuff.

• Like 2

EDIT: Tried installing it anyway, the campaign is selectable from the main menu and character creation proceeds as normal (happy to see some new portraits by the way), but the game will just hang on the loading screen for the first area.

Actually I had this problem with the Steam version of the base game when it came out. Except I didn't even get to char gen.

Steam key will not unlock the Dragonfall until it is released on February, 27th at 10am PST. :(  Hmm i'll not be home at that time and then i'll probably forget about it. : :biggrin:

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Steam key will not unlock the Dragonfall until it is released on February, 27th at 10am PST. :(  Hmm i'll not be home at that time and then i'll probably forget about it. : :biggrin:

I saw the update this morning and got excited it arrived early.  Booted into the game and no Daggerfall campaign yet (doh!), though the fonts in the main menu changed (not a fan of the new BOLD font, but whatever), so I'm assuming the save anywhere update is live.  Gotta wait until 1 PM EDT, or about 5:30 PM EDT in my case, as that's when I'll be home from work and done chowing down.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You know, it's a bit annoying that I put enough point into Charisma to get 3 etiquettes, but they're useless to me because the game decided to use the other ones (mostly gang and a side of corporate). Well, I'm still only in the first post-prologue mission, but still. Annoying.

You know, it's a bit annoying that I put enough point into Charisma to get 3 etiquettes, but they're useless to me because the game decided to use the other ones (mostly gang and a side of corporate). Well, I'm still only in the first post-prologue mission, but still. Annoying.

Feels like one of those mechanics that tend to get copied across from PnP without sufficient consideration of how they'd work in a static one-off CRPG campaign, yeah.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, other skills are used as well. I've found 4-5 biotech checks up until now.

Btw, anyone figure out the code for the floor 3 hotel restroom? Nvm found it.

Edited by Oner

So, is this worth a buy?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Hot damn this game sucked me in quick.  I was all "Oh, I'll just play a bit and then set it aside for ESO this weekend."  Now I'm up way past bedtime and itching to play more.

Same, just replace ESO with GW2. :biggrin:

Wish I hadn't borked chargen though. -_-

I'm definitely liking Dragonfall so far, there's more ways through situations than previous, which is great, and giving you a steady team with personalities was definitely the right call.  I made an Ork Rigger this time.  Having some drones along for the ride is almost not fair.

:grin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Couple minor bugs, disappearing mouse cursor until I zone transitioned and an odd one where the main menu text didn't slide into their boxes (which were still clickable) and instead just sort of just stayed off the left edge of the page save the last few letters.

Just played the intro and pretty happy so far. Either there's some reasonable choice in some of the options, or they've at least managed to disguise the lack of them (like Walking Dead kind did). Only a replay or reading spoilers will tell for sure, but the results of the given choices I made were reasonable enough that I didn't feel violently railroaded. Aside, I foolishly put no points in body or dodge and being hit once by a given enemy always took my hp down to about a quarter, oops. Got away with it long enough to rectify the problem so I didn't need to restart, luckily. Based on the original campaign's (non-)use of non-combat skills I had pretty much put all my points into combat related stuff, but it looks like I might want to start diversifying pretty soon.

Mechanically there's obviously nothing new. I wish they'd clean up the level design a bit in terms of what's cover and what's not, at times there are things that look blatantly like they were intended to be cover, but aren't actually enabled as such. Party members not having overwatch by default is kinda annoying too, not sure why something so basic needs a skill level prerequisite, a carryover complaint for me.

P.S. Stupid Google gives results for Daggerfall when you search for Daggerfall. Gee, thanks.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

P.S. Stupid Google gives results for Daggerfall when you search for Daggerfall. Gee, thanks.

You were expecting to get results for something other than Daggerfall when you searched for Daggerfall?  :lol:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dammit, Google's taken over my intarwebs even more than I imagined possible.

Also it's 2am and I've been half-sick all day. Otherwise I'd have played a whole lot more of the game instead of idly surfing the web while in bed. :(

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Dammit, Google's taken over my intarwebs even more than I imagined possible.

They're in your computer spying on you, they're in your phone, they're in your glasses, they're in your TV, they're in your microwave, they're in your toaster oven.

AveHcFh.png

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

In the grim darkness of the Sixth World, there are no patch notes?

Mostly asking because I'm not sure if I missed something, or the MKVI mission is bugged and I can't complete the Find more info optional.

Edited by Oner

I'm really enjoying it so far -- much more than Dead Man's Switch. The companions are a huge improvement, and I love how often I get to use my skills to solve problems in different way.

I went with a Decker(again) and still think it is a flawed "class" in that the benefits it brings -- the extra credits from paydata, bypassing passwords/locks, conversation checks -- only really add to the role-playing fun of the character... The Matrix portions so far are few and far between, and really only serve to net you a few extra credits(~400-500 per paydata so far). When you consider the cost of upgrading your deck, programs, and ESPs... You definitely lose money vs. what you gain. And considering 95% of your play time is spent in meatspace, skill points spent on decking/ESP control are a pretty big waste as well. Still, I do like the RP aspects of it, and find that a decker fits the role of protagonist really well in this story.