What you did today

Pidesco

Wals wins  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yesterday group of young foreighn tourists cast envious glances at Russian couples, but soon their butthurt become unbearable ( when their foreighn girls begin admiringly talk about Russian mens ), they begin crying about how scary and bad Russian men's is it. :facepalm: 

Edited by obyknven

Dropped in the barbers this afternoon for that general clean up of hair before it gets too wild and eintsein-like. Been having a brief discussion with a friend in the US about Cadbury chocolate and explaining what a Cadbury Flake was. Heh, which meant when I was running around on groceries after the barber I saw a box and had to snag it since it's been awhile since I enjoyed some flakey smooth chocolate...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Something creepy happened today.

I was shopping when I received a call on my cell phone from my telephone in my home, I answered the call but I couldn't hear anything but static.

The funny things is I locked the doors when I left and nobody was in my house or supposed to be in my house, it was like the beginning of a third-class horror movie or a scene in the movie ''The Mothman Prophecies.''
I called my relatives and friends if this one of their pranks and told them that this would be a very bad idea but everyone was at work at that time. Drove home as fast as I could, grabbed my shotgun -not expecting any trouble but just for precaution- but everything was fine, as expected.

Damn witches playing tricks on me, I guess I have to call the inquisition once again and let them burn a few suspicious women here.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Something creepy happened today.

I was shopping when I received a call on my cell phone from my telephone in my home, I answered the call but I couldn't hear anything but static.

The funny things is I locked the doors when I left and nobody was in my house or supposed to be in my house, it was like the beginning of a third-class horror movie or a scene in the movie ''The Mothman Prophecies.''

I called my relatives and friends if this one of their pranks and told them that this would be a very bad idea but everyone was at work at that time. Drove home as fast as I could, grabbed my shotgun -not expecting any trouble but just for precaution- but everything was fine, as expected.

Damn witches playing tricks on me, I guess I have to call the inquisition once again and let them burn a few suspicious women here.

WTF?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Worrying if that's someone spoofing the caller ID.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do you have the phones linked in any way?  Like a call forwarding setup?

Not that I know of.

Worrying if that's someone spoofing the caller ID.

Possible, but I don't know anybody that would play such a dumb prank on me.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wheeee! stress!

Moving. This is probably going to be my last post for a while because I'm moving tomorrow, Then I'm going to Tahoe for a family thing, then I'm unpacking :p

And for the past four days mi madre has been in town

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Anybody ever been to Italy? Any suggestions on "must see" places besides Rome?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I broke into Wodan's house and called him on his cell from his landline.

Are you looking to get laid and party or something more touristy?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Mostly spent the day enjoying my new e-cig, I can see this being a viable alternative to smoking.  I maybe need to get a lower nicotine dosage though, it tastes so much nicer than tobacco so I've ended up having too much, bit headachey  :facepalm:

I was thinking something romantic. My girlfriends birthday is in October and I wanted to surprise her with a vacation somewhere exciting. From what I'm seeing though Italy might be a hell of a lot more trouble than I thought. It seems to require a lot of planning to actually see all the interesting places. It's something you can just go and do when you feel like it. I was actually looking at the US Virgin Islands  but October is the peak of hurricane season. So, now I'm looking at Jackson Hole or Hawaii

Thomas Sowell

I was thinking something romantic. My girlfriends birthday is in October and I wanted to surprise her with a vacation somewhere exciting. From what I'm seeing though Italy might be a hell of a lot more trouble than I thought. It seems to require a lot of planning to actually see all the interesting places. It's something you can just go and do when you feel like it. I was actually looking at the US Virgin Islands  but October is the peak of hurricane season. So, now I'm looking at Jackson Hole or Hawaii

Come on GD nothing beats the Strip in Vegas for a bit of romance, and you don't have to fly very far?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had a nice weekend with family plus some general relaxing days out and about.

Cat care blathering:

My outdoor kitty (Mr. Grey, for lack of a better name) has always been a finicky eater since I adopted him (won't eat ANY dry kibble, I've tried dozens) but lately he's become finicky about his wet food now too. Only cat I know that will literally starve himself rather than eat what he thinks is subpar food, or something. Was using Friskees canned for a while, now he won't eat it. He lost a lot of weight before I noticed how much so. Back to Fancy Feast, which was ok at first and he started to gain it back, but now he won't eat much of that and he's losing weight again. He can eat (nothing wrong with his mouth), he's definitely hungry, he just refuses to eat more and more of the options. His hip bones are starting to stick out.

So now it's down to me buying fresh chicken breast, baking it wholesale, stripping it into pieces, and he'll eat that. If he stops eating the chicken, outside of an IV drip I don't know what to do. Watch him starve to death in front of full plates while yowling for food, I guess. ;( It's so bizarre.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Florence has beautiful architecture, lots of great art, and it's romantic. Personally, I think that if you were to skip Rome you wouldn't miss all that much.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

^ agreed, I would stay away from Italy all together actually. It's swarming with people. For something both interesting and European (you can always make it romantic just by doing stuff together), try some of the slavic countries. It's super cheap, stunningly beautiful along the coast and the people are extremely friendly. Plus you don't have to share it with 800 million other souls.

Fortune favors the bald.

Had a nice weekend with family plus some general relaxing days out and about.

Cat care blathering:

My outdoor kitty (Mr. Grey, for lack of a better name) has always been a finicky eater since I adopted him (won't eat ANY dry kibble, I've tried dozens) but lately he's become finicky about his wet food now too. Only cat I know that will literally starve himself rather than eat what he thinks is subpar food, or something. Was using Friskees canned for a while, now he won't eat it. He lost a lot of weight before I noticed how much so. Back to Fancy Feast, which was ok at first and he started to gain it back, but now he won't eat much of that and he's losing weight again. He can eat (nothing wrong with his mouth), he's definitely hungry, he just refuses to eat more and more of the options. His hip bones are starting to stick out.

So now it's down to me buying fresh chicken breast, baking it wholesale, stripping it into pieces, and he'll eat that. If he stops eating the chicken, outside of an IV drip I don't know what to do. Watch him starve to death in front of full plates while yowling for food, I guess. ;( It's so bizarre.

Shame LC I'm sorry to hear that :(

But I know what an excellent owner of your feline friends you are and you are doing everything humanely possible to get him back to health

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But I know what an excellent owner of your feline friends you are and you are doing everything humanely possible to get him back to health

Yeah, I did take him to the vet to make sure there was nothing super obvious, like a throat tumor or mouth ulcers or something (had a cat with a face tumor, once...), but nothing initially. If he had little/no appetite, that would be disease-worrying but doesn't seem to be the issue. Just finicky. Maybe his sense of smell is going...

Ah well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I did take him to the vet to make sure there was nothing super obvious, like a throat tumor or mouth ulcers or something (had a cat with a face tumor, once...), but nothing initially. If he had little/no appetite, that would be disease-worrying but doesn't seem to be the issue. Just finicky. Maybe his sense of smell is going...

Ah well.

Okay well keep us updated on his progress

One of my lady friends works at Hooters and she has this kitten that she absolutely adores. Anyway this kitten loves water and is fascinated by the bath and when water runs. Her b-friend was running a really hot bath and the kitten was doing its normal thing and watching the water run from the taps, he left the bathroom and the poor kitten fell into the bath and into the hot water. It was very badly scalded by the boiling water and has been in the vet the last 8 days in intensive care. She is absolutely devastated and so far the bills have cost $1000, that may not seem like a lot for Americans but in South Africa that's a huge amount to spend for a pet. And she is  paying it irrespective of the cost as she really loves this kitten

John Milton 

I like Jackson Hole, it's nice if you both enjoy the outdoors

I haven't been to Italy but some friends swear by the Amalfi coast

Free games updated 3/4/21