Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

know-your-rights poster.

know-your-rights.png

Some of the advice in that poster seem to be geared toward the type of ****, who go out of their way make their displeasure at security guards known or trying to be smartass about the process. Honestly, no one gives a **** about your displeasure, we are all in the same line, the guards are just doing their job and being a dushbag about it ain't going to speed up the process.

IMHO if you have nothing to hide, the best policy is to be polite and respectful, because they are just doing their job. In fact its good advice for life in general for dealing with everyone, I hear a lot of stories from friends about how they got what they wanted faster by being **** and smart asses, but from my experience it usually the other way around.. Personally, I won't blame any cop for drying out **** for as long as they can, I am sure they have several tools at their disposal for doing this.

Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

IMHO if you have nothing to hide, the best policy is to be polite and respectful,

Right right, well if no one has nothing to hide, then they don't mind being recorded as they do their public duty on the street right??

Or 

or

If they have nothing to hide, then as a cop, you'll tell the nice IA detective everything your partner has done. Right?

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Not on the topic of police, but maybe a bit of big brother ... hubby went over the Golden Gate Bridge a while back and he noticed he didn't have to pay a toll. He didn't try to avoid it, the bar let him through. Anyway, some days later he got a note in the mail with a grainy blk/wht xerox pic of his license plate and a bill for for the $6 toll (and if you're late, immediately goes up to $26). Have no idea if that's normal on the Bridge now so traffic doesn't have to stop, or just what they do if the tollgate isn't working properly. :lol: 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"IMHO if you have nothing to hide, the best policy is to be polite and respectful, because they are just doing their job. In fact its good advice for life in general for dealing with everyone, I hear a lot of stories from friends about how they got what they wanted faster by being **** and smart asses, but from my experience it usually the other way around.. Personally, I won't blame any cop for drying out **** for as long as they can, I am sure they have several tools at their disposal for doing this."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not on the topic of police, but maybe a bit of big brother ... hubby went over the Golden Gate Bridge a while back and he noticed he didn't have to pay a toll. He didn't try to avoid it, the bar let him through. Anyway, some days later he got a note in the mail with a grainy blk/wht xerox pic of his license plate and a bill for for the $6 toll (and if you're late, immediately goes up to $26). Have no idea if that's normal on the Bridge now so traffic doesn't have to stop, or just what they do if the tollgate isn't working properly. :lol:

Pretty sure that the Golden gate is the first bridge to try and stop using tollgates, and rely completely on the fastpass system.

We have a system called Ipass to pay our tolls in IL. Its a little transponder that Velcro's to your windshield and when you pass under a toll it automatically deducts the fee. All tied to your credit card. Its a great system. And to encourage use, if you pay in cash the toll is almost double. :lol:

We have a system called Ipass to pay our tolls in IL. Its a little transponder that Velcro's to your windshield and when you pass under a toll it automatically deducts the fee. All tied to your credit card. Its a great system. And to encourage use, if you pay in cash the toll is almost double. :lol:

That might work well if you have to cross bridges all the time. If you don't, I'd find it annoying having to remember to get it out of the glovebox (and batteries?) and stick it to my window once in a blue moon just to avoid paying double. Unless the toll is a quarter, because I wouldn't care about another .25 cents every now and then.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bridges are toll roads, most of them can be avoided by taking longer routes around.  

I cross over the Golden Gate north a couple times a year, and then use the Richmond Bridge to go back south.  That avoids the tolls altogether, since they only charge you one way.

IMHO if you have nothing to hide, the best policy is to be polite and respectful,

Right right, well if no one has nothing to hide, then they don't mind being recorded as they do their public duty on the street right??

Or 

or

If they have nothing to hide, then as a cop, you'll tell the nice IA detective everything your partner has done. Right?

I wasn't implying that a person who isn't, has something to hide... I was simply stating that in the context of routine police stop, if you haven't done anything wrong, then answering in a polite and respectful manner will get you home faster. As oppose to exercise your right for the sake of exercising your right, like many idiot kids fueled with ideas from this poster might do. So that they might feel like a man, for sticking it to the man or something, because ultimately they just come out as ass***** and the cop just might go to his his car and run your plates or whatever they do, and waste your time for as long as he can...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Like I said its from my experience. In my early student jobs I worked with a lot of ass***** and smartass, and I can say for a fact that they got f***ed, because I f***ed them every time. Obviously they got the most polite answers and strokes to their egos and felt like kings, but ultimately they got the bare minimum with the most amount of pain possible, compared to every polite person, who usually got 120% in fraction of the time/nerves. It also my observation from my interaction from the other side of the fence. Edited by Mor

That's theft, immoral and should be illegal.

It make sense that if you use an automated system, you use save manpower hours so you pay less.. here it common practice in toll roads, buses\trains or even in your bank(online transaction vs coming in person).

Bridges are toll roads, most of them can be avoided by taking longer routes around.  

I cross over the Golden Gate north a couple times a year, and then use the Richmond Bridge to go back south.  That avoids the tolls altogether, since they only charge you one way.

How does the extra time/fuel you spend compares to paying the toll fee? Edited by Mor

Some of the advice in that poster seem to be geared toward the type of ****, who go out of their way make their displeasure at security guards known or trying to be smartass about the process. Honestly, no one gives a **** about your displeasure, we are all in the same line, the guards are just doing their job and being a dushbag about it ain't going to speed up the process.

IMHO if you have nothing to hide, the best policy is to be polite and respectful, because they are just doing their job. In fact its good advice for life in general for dealing with everyone, I hear a lot of stories from friends about how they got what they wanted faster by being **** and smart asses, but from my experience it usually the other way around.. Personally, I won't blame any cop for drying out **** for as long as they can, I am sure they have several tools at their disposal for doing this.

The poster offers mixed advice, some of it is fine (be polite, respectful, and avoid antagonizing the police), which is useful in life in general, and some of it gives the impression of being designed to be obnoxious to the police officer. It may be an artefact of U.S. popular culture, though, with its anti-governmental vibe.

I can only report positive encounters with police officers, though they were generally limited in scope, since I play my life safe (especially when I drive).

• Like 1

The poster offers mixed advice, some of it is fine (be polite, respectful, and avoid antagonizing the police), which is useful in life in general, and some of it gives the impression of being designed to be obnoxious to the police officer. It may be an artefact of U.S. popular culture, though, with its anti-governmental vibe.

I can only report positive encounters with police officers, though they were generally limited in scope, since I play my life safe (especially when I drive).

I have had many encounters with police and almost all time I am respectful and calm when dealing with them. I live in a country of relatively high levels of violent crime and the police are under immense pressure. The last thing you want to do is antagonize them or get cheeky, as mentioned before most of the time they are just trying to do a difficult job.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I forgot. Police need to be treated with kid gloves because they obviously can't handle high pressure situations because if someone raises their voices with them the police have the right to shoot them in the head. HAHAHAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The last thing you want to do is antagonize them or get cheeky,

Even if you are being "cheeky" or "antagonizing" which is not a good way to call standing up for your rights and not answering any questions you don't feel like, as long as you're in the boundaries of the law it shouldn't matter. 

They need to be held to higher standard. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

How does the extra time/fuel you spend compares to paying the toll fee?

Actually it is the most fuel efficient way to go for me, but that really depends on where you live.  Plus it gives me a chance to see both sides of the bay.

Yeah, fat chance of that when they're heroes for going to work.  Or dying due to not wearing a seatbelt like the latest body on the heap here.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, fat chance of that when they're heroes for going to work.  Or dying due to not wearing a seatbelt like the latest body on the heap here.

Giving a cop a hard time with your civil rights crap? You're an anti-american commie. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

They're a special kind of civilian with the powers and responsibilities they have. And they're meant to be the ones enforcing and upholding the law in theory, so violations on their part should be far less acceptable than they would be for regular people.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They're a special kind of civilian with the powers and responsibilities they have. And they're meant to be the ones enforcing and upholding the law in theory, so violations on their part should be far less acceptable than they would be for regular people.

Wow I find myself actually agreeing 100 % with you Malc, that is a weird but refreshing change. Now we just need you to become more concerned with social justice issues and we can become BFF :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm curious about why you all think they should be held to a higher standard?

I agree that they need to be, but I am interested in your rationale.

I'm not at all an authority on what oaths they might swear, but in the UK any public servants has to *stifles giggle* sorry hang on... *snort* ...I'm sorry I'll just *bray of laughter*

I was going to say all public officials swear to uphold high standards but of course that includes politicians and civil servants.

*breaks down guffawing*

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I agree that we should hold politicians (especially) and other public servants to a higher standard as well but they can't as easily detain you or search you and your property or shoot your 42 times for mistaking your orange safety wallet for a gun

Mind you, I actually think that most police are good but as the saying goes "one bad apple spoils the bunch... especially when the good apples shield the bad apple" 

or maybe I have the saying wrong

or maybe I just like apples

Free games updated 3/4/21